Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Six Flags Magic Mountain

I wonder with stuff like Diabolical and Aquaman (Which got delayed as they wanted to add the turntable to increase capacity); we might see SF willing to spend a higher amount of capital on a larger B&M coaster. Maybe finally going in and adding a B&M Giga?

I wonder with stuff like Diabolical and Aquaman (Which got delayed as they wanted to add the turntable to increase capacity); we might see SF willing to spend a higher amount of capital on a larger B&M coaster. Maybe finally going in and adding a B&M Giga?

I hope so. But in this case, what I've heard is that SF parks are combining their allotted 2021 and 2022 capital into next year. Smart move...

I hope so. But in this case, what I've heard is that SF parks are combining their allotted 2021 and 2022 capital into next year. Smart move...

So they're using the money that would've gone for this years projects and next years to bolster 2023? An interesting choice, if I have the right of it. One that could make me very much interested for a park like SFMM.

If SFMM gets a B&M Giga, the lineup would be complete!

My understanding is that each park will make it's own determinations, with some years seeing nothing new or minimal investment to save for larger capex like big coasters. Apparently they are also putting more into upkeep (specifically painting) of existing rides. I've also heard that some of the IPs they've been paying licensing fees on may be renamed/rethemed when appropriate.

If SFMM gets a B&M Giga, the lineup would be complete!
Well, this is Six Flags so we would have to settle for a hyper probably. Mako is a fantastic ride so it would still be great if they did that. If they added that, I wouldn't care about what other coaster they would add after that. Well, it'd be cool to see a Mac adult spinner.

Although I'd prefer to keep Goliath, if they had to replace Goliath to allow for a B&M hyper, I wouldn't mind.

My understanding is that each park will make it's own determinations, with some years seeing nothing new or minimal investment to save for larger capex like big coasters. Apparently they are also putting more into upkeep (specifically painting) of existing rides. I've also heard that some of the IPs they've been paying licensing fees on may be renamed/rethemed when appropriate.
Finally the chain is realizing that adding a little carnival spinner ride each year won't bring in the crowds. Was the thing I disliked most about Jim Reid Anderson and his additions to every park every year strategy.

Aren't the only IP's being used at SF at this point relegated just to Warner Bros (DC and Looney Tunes)? Or, is that including West Coast Racers whenever that gets the theming knife?

So it's a MCA/Marvel arrangement to where it's locked in perpetuity? Does that mean SF will have to keep it maintained and clean for the appearance of WCC's public image?
Yes. Strangely enough, JL:BFM is the same thing. WB in fact has a yearly routine check up of the attraction to make sure it upholds the standard of being presentable, but I think WB just doesn't care anymore.

So it's a MCA/Marvel arrangement to where it's locked in perpetuity? Does that mean SF will have to keep it maintained and clean for the appearance of WCC's public image?
I assume even if West Coast Customs leaves the contract or it ends, then the name West Coast Racers can stay as there’s little ties to the company. The park might have to change the WCR logo design but the name can stay.

So they're using the money that would've gone for this years projects and next years to bolster 2023? An interesting choice, if I have the right of it. One that could make me very much interested for a park like SFMM.

It's more like the major parks in the chain are still getting their usual capital for 2022, even while their current (2021) projects have been pushed back to the same year.

So in the case of SFMM, we'll see what they originally had planned for 2021 (the raptor), and what they had planned for 2022, both happen in the same year. In contrast, Cedar Fair either cancelled, or pushed back everything to 2023/2024 (save for the freespin).

Hope that makes sense.

Last edited:
What flat ride would you guys like to see next to this thing/2022 addition? i personally would love to see a Funtime booster of the 32 seat variety . Perhaps even a Zamperla endeavor. Magic mountain does not have one single inverting flat ride available to patrons in the regular ride lineup . Unless you wanna count crazanity at full swing.

I could see an endeavor happening at some point, and there's certainly space in the DC area now. I personally would like to see an S&S Scream Swing, my favorite flat of all time.