Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Six Flags Magic Mountain

I'm sorry, but all I think of with this color scheme is The Flash. It doesn't exactly "fit" Wonder Woman.

I wish they would've made a good coaster that utilized the area instead of the "longest" gimmick, especially when it's back-n-forth. Add tunnels, rockwork, trees, good lighting package..
True. In no rush to ride this thing. Seeing it test, it twists and turns on a single rail. SIngle rail version of twisted colossus.

So far I’ve only seen lighting on one side of the coaster where guests can walk. Wonder if they plan on flood lights for the rest.

Last edited:
Oh sure they'll test run with 3 trains, but we know they'll operate it like Goliath

One or two train operation. Even on busy days, I rarely saw 3 train operations (usually the 3rd train was disassembled and/or rusting).

That often was the SFMM of the past, but in the last year, they've generally been a lot better about not having single train ops. I know that once the park opened 365, I totally expected single train ops on the slow weekdays, but it overall wasn't the case. Yes, it does still happen on occasion, but not nearly as often as you'd expect.

And really, operationally, Goliath only needs two trains. It'll stack with just two. I was actually in the park recently when Goliath actually had three train ops, and it was ultimately pointless, because two trains were constantly stacking.

That's also due to poor loading/unloading. Also park guests are terrible & slow. However, it's only bad operations if the train fully stops at the block-brakes. It's fine if a train has to sit briefly outside the station.

Here's the main problem with ride-op training, they don't understand the countdown clock concept. Goliath has one. All guests should be loaded & checked by the time it reaches 0 to dispatch on time (i think its supposed to be within 3-4mins. Cant remember). Unfortunately, they fail to accomplish these speedy dispatches.

Completely different type of ride but at Jurassic, they'd expect "X" number of dispatches per hour

The problem is guests have to cross the train, put their bags down, wrestle around the people leaving, and then walk back to the train. With mandatory lockers at popular rides, its instant sit down, check restraints, and dispatch.

The problem is guests have to cross the train, put their bags down, wrestle around the people leaving, and then walk back to the train. With mandatory lockers at popular rides, its instant sit down, check restraints, and dispatch.
Ive been saying this forever but people complain about lockers. They definitely need them on Twisted Colossus. Also I am beating a dead horse but a test seat would be great.

on another note. In a few weeks they will be opening their 20th coaster. Will Apocalypse be open so that there are 20? Its been down for a month or so. i expect Batman to open with WW but who knows.

This is SFMM. We already know they have no shame in claiming total coasters with not all of them being open at once lol.

As for number of trains, it's an RMC. It will never run with one train, any more than TC has never run with one train. One of the reasons Six Flags loves working with RMC is their involvement doesn't end with the opening of the ride. They make the shipping of trains and parts so easy compared with other companies, and will continue monitoring the ride months after it opens.

Also, single rail coasters don't require 9 ops on the platform. I've seen 1 or 2 ops on WW at Fiesta Texas do just fine getting people in and out of the trains even with the constantly moving loading station. For those who have never seen these coasters in action, you're in for a nice surprise. So cool to watch these bad boys load and unload.

Last edited:
Ive been saying this forever but people complain about lockers. They definitely need them on Twisted Colossus. Also I am beating a dead horse but a test seat would be great.

on another note. In a few weeks they will be opening their 20th coaster. Will Apocalypse be open so that there are 20? Its been down for a month or so. i expect Batman to open with WW but who knows.
Crazy how no one questions the lockers on X2 and they're PAID ones. They need one-two team members at the entrance telling guests they can't bring their bags. No bags, bottles, or anything on the side of the coaster. NO ONE should be crossing that train to put anything down on the other side.
The problem is just poor queue designs to accommodate locker access and staffing issues at ride entrances to warn guest