Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Six Flags Magic Mountain

Hey now, I made effort! I even got to wash the Batmobile! (TWICE!!)... no lie. I even got a pic doing it :lol:

I haven't been to the park since FF/HITP 2019... but seriously, has park services declined that much?

Maybe it's better since the new guy started, but back in January it was atrocious. Some of it wasn't the park's fault as hiring since Covid has been let's just say a challenge. But they've added a bunch of new performance incentives recently so will see how that works lol

Have fun paying for parking every visit. Would be $240 if you bought the parking add on. So SFMM is still the better value.
Have fun paying for parking every visit. Would be $240 if you bought the parking add on. So SFMM is still the better value.

Isn’t Knotts the better overall park for an at least 200 bucks asking price for a pass? 195 doesn’t include the tax and fees (which i think is around 12 bucks) and now i know it’s technically less but regardless it’s now closer to the price you’re talking about. I’m just saying I personally don’t see the value of the park’s current state for 195 plus tax and fees. If you do that’s cool, not trying to attack anyone who’s cool with the price. I get they want to improve the park but I personally don’t want to spend that much of my money until it’s better especially for the distance i have to drive to make repeat trips worth it.

I wouldn’t even feel good just getting a day ticket rn at the asking prices of ticket and parking since there’s high chance not everything i want to do will be functional.

Last edited:
Isn’t Knotts the better overall park for an at least 200 bucks asking price for a pass? 195 doesn’t include the tax and fees (which i think is around 12 bucks) and now i know it’s technically less but regardless it’s now closer to the price you’re talking about. I’m just saying I personally don’t see the value of the park’s current state for 195 plus tax and fees. If you do that’s cool, not trying to attack anyone who’s cool with the price. I get they want to improve the park but I personally don’t want to spend that much of my money until it’s better especially for the distance i have to drive to make repeat trips worth it.

I wouldn’t even feel good just getting a day ticket rn at the asking prices of ticket and parking since there’s high chance not everything i want to do will be functional.
How long has Excelerator been down? Montezooma's will be down for over a year. A park with not that many roller coasters should not have 2 of their major rides down that long. But I get your point. I give Six Flag a lot of flack for being so bad but IRL the last few month they have been pretty decent. Knotts is great but different.

How long has Excelerator been down? Montezooma's will be down for over a year. A park with not that many roller coasters should not have 2 of their major rides down that long
Montezooma's Revenge is 44 years old & a historic landmark coaster, so it requires the extensive refurbishment so it can operate another 40+ years.

Xcelerator needs a new launch cable (just like all the other coasters of its kind that are currently "down"). There is no time frame of when a new park can be acquired due to manufacturing issues due to the pandemic.

How long has Excelerator been down? Montezooma's will be down for over a year. A park with not that many roller coasters should not have 2 of their major rides down that long. But I get your point. I give Six Flag a lot of flack for being so bad but IRL the last few month they have been pretty decent. Knotts is great but different.

Excellerator might be fair (however that might be Intamin’s fault) but Montezooma’s is a refurb of an old coaster so I get that.

In Six Flags case, Batman being closed has been unnecessary when a path could’ve been made and how long has Lex sat there (probably Intamin as well)? Each time I’ve gone this year there’s been at least one or two other coasters I’ve wanted to do closed (not including the one i mentioned and not kiddie/insignificant coasters) and one train ops on an average of 2 popular coasters (usually Full Throttle and X2). So I can’t say Six Flags has been completely great or improved in my personal experience besides the addition of wait time boards that don’t display accurate times (but at least they tell you if something is not running!). I still have fun when things go well, but I don’t want to pay more for a product I can’t trust completely.

Last edited:
^ Correct. It's market value, it has nothing to do with the total quality of the park in it'scurrent state.. The fact is, SFMM has 20 coasters, more than any other park. On that alone, they can charge top dollar if they choose. They have under sold their product for years and years which hasn't lead to a better experience anyway.

This is the one area I actually agree with Six Flags. Yes, they'll lose part of their clientele, but those folks aren't really bringing in revenue anyway. They're actually TRYING to rid themselves of the type of guest that comes in on a cheap pass, and then doesn't spend anything other than that. Those guests keep the company flat, with zero growth potential, leading to the one train ops, cheap additions every year, and mediocre operations.

It's a vicious cycle that needed to stop somewhere.

Last edited:
I get what y'all are saying (I even mentioned early I get they're trying to improve the park), I'm just expressing its past the value for me personally and I will just come back when it gets better, I don't owe loyalty to a corporation. Could I afford this pass, yes. Do I think it's worth it for me, no.

I also don't think it's fair to blame people for a company's overall stagnation.

Last edited:
Has the everyday food improved? I almost never eat food here. I will try some specialty items at seasonal events, like the poutine they offered at Holiday in the Park. But my friends and I have had some pretty bad experiences with quick meals here. We were far more likely to get queasy from the food than the coasters. That's why we nicknamed it Sicks Flags

Has the everyday food improved? I almost never eat food here. I will try some specialty items at seasonal events, like the poutine they offered at Holiday in the Park. But my friends and I have had some pretty bad experiences with quick meals here. We were far more likely to get queasy from the food than the coasters. That's why we nicknamed it Sicks Flags
Food still sucks. Pizza has actually gotten worse lately. But I am not a big food guy.

When I worked there Johnny Rockets closed temporarily due to rats

When it comes to food, it was always Katys Kettle or NOT-Panda for me. I was friends with the staff & I also knew what would be best depending of who made it

I never eat at SFMM, but maybe I'll try again in 2023. That's when the new food roll out is suppose to begin. SFMM was supposed see its first upgraded food option in DC Universe this summer, but it got pushed back because of supply issues and a revamped budget.

Don't expect of all the food to suddenly become good overnight. It's very much going to roll out piece by piece just like the new bathrooms/land upgrades.