Six Flags Magic Mountain | Page 152 | Inside Universal Forums

Six Flags Magic Mountain

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Wait....we lost Flash for Bathrooms? They could not just redo the bathrooms RIGHT THERE?

Wow, this is why I just don't have a pass anymore...the parks are not being run in a way I want to support to would care to visit. Like how is the land not done when you are only taking things away and not adding much? Like how?

The bathrooms and Flash were separate buildings... while I don't have inside info, I seriously doubt Flash was removed for bathrooms.

I rode it about 7 times today during the media event, from back to front and in-between. IMO, it's a fun, fast, solid, reridable coaster. Will it crack any enthusiast's Top 10 list? Unlikely... there's not really anything super distinguishable about it. Will it probably be a hit with the GP? I think so.

Same sort of thing happened with FT. Enthusiasts weren't/aren't super impressed, but the GP can't get enough of it.

One credit I do have to give it is some of the headchopper effects on the final leg are insane. On the first overbanked airtime hill (again, on the final leg), you could swear you could reach out and touch another section of track.

I also did enjoy the fact the park got female first responders to be the guests of the first "official" ride.

Side note--because of the recent cell phone incident on TC, they were very adamant about making sure pockets were empty, and put in lockers just before boarding. They were free today, but probably won't be once it opens. The ride does have a small zipper pouch like FT and WCR, but they were being pretty strict about leaving phones in the lockers. Glasses with a strap seemed to be okay. It'll be interesting to see how this policy will affect wait times once fully open.

And the ultimately, the building that's going up will become retail and a common exit to both WW and Batman.

The bathrooms and Flash were separate buildings... while I don't have inside info, I seriously doubt Flash was removed for bathrooms.

I rode it about 7 times today during the media event, from back to front and in-between. IMO, it's a fun, fast, solid, reridable coaster. Will it crack any enthusiast's Top 10 list? Unlikely... there's not really anything super distinguishable about it. Will it probably be a hit with the GP? I think so.

Same sort of thing happened with FT. Enthusiasts weren't/aren't super impressed, but the GP can't get enough of it.

One credit I do have to give it is some of the headchopper effects on the final leg are insane. On the first overbanked airtime hill (again, on the final leg), you could swear you could reach out and touch another section of track.

I also did enjoy the fact the park got female first responders to be the guests of the first "official" ride.

Side note--because of the recent cell phone incident on TC, they were very adamant about making sure pockets were empty, and put in lockers just before boarding. They were free today, but probably won't be once it opens. The ride does have a small zipper pouch like FT and WCR, but they were being pretty strict about leaving phones in the lockers. Glasses with a strap seemed to be okay. It'll be interesting to see how this policy will affect wait times once fully open.

And the ultimately, the building that's going up will become retail and a common exit to both WW and Batman.

How does it compare to the prototypes if you've done one? Are they metal detecting people? Cool to see them adding zipper pouches to this, Railblazer doesn't have that.

This one is definitely more tame than Railblazer... but given the occasionally painful intensity of Railblazer, I don't think it's necessarily a bad thing. YMMV.

Today was just media, so you don't really get a sense of how it'll be run once open to the GP. I don't think they'll use a metal detector, but they did have people stationed at the lockers, really trying to screen for loose items in pockets. It didn't matter to them if the pockets had a closure, either.

And FYI, talking to one team member, it sounds like they intend to use SR, but even they weren't exactly sure how it was going to work. Offhand, I didn't see a dedicated SR line, but we only used the exit for the media event, I never even saw inside the main queue building. I know I saw a FL line.

Reactions: baconwhiskers
Looks like the seat and restraints will be size friendly. I saw someone fit the seats that probably has issues with other rides. Nice to see it will accommodate most guests,

I’m interested to see how the public reacts to this ride, as it’s very much a GP ride. It’s smooth, fast and fun, but not too extreme. It’s the complete antithesis of Green Lantern, which people just never got.

Reactions: SailwiththeTide
Media Day was fun, almost zero shade in the area but I guess the area will be done by Fright Fest so hopefully tables and shade are added by then because today was 93 Degrees standing in a concrete jungle with no where to sit which was a little annoying. The indoor queue space was nice and air conditioned though and for six flags has some decent theming with wonder woman's weapons display and posters displaying info on all the gods and goddesses.

almost zero shade in the area but I guess the area will be done by Fright Fest
That's definitely what Fright Fest is missing... shade!!

I need to look at videos from today because I'm curious, but doubt I'll make it up there before the spooky. Having worked there in the July/August heat... yea, I'm not motivated to go play lol

I don't know, but it's obvious the land as a whole isn't done. The retail exit store is pretty far off from complete, and the bathrooms haven't even broken ground yet.

There were no benches or shade umbrellas, but it sounds like those are coming soon.

I think the interesting aspect is food. They tore down the old pizza place, and weren't there rumors of a new food location to go up? The question is where, and I figure that's likely still coming. I have no insider info, but there's two possibilities: it could go up in the same area as the old bathrooms. There is still quite a bit of space set aside for those bathrooms, so the possibility of an additional building there isn't out of the question. And if they did put it there, all that empty space could be used for tables.

The other possibility are the facades that are behind the Round Up/Teen Titan Turbo Spin. They're being completely redone, and while not finished, from the exit of Turbo Spin, there's some odd small curbs that jut out maybe 3 feet. Are they possible queue guide for lines? Will food be sold behind it? It's a reach, but not out of the question. I do feel it's doubtful, as they still seem to be facades--there's no real building. I'm going back to the park today for the AP, so I'll try to get pics of them.

Reactions: Jerroddragon
I don't know, but it's obvious the land as a whole isn't done. The retail exit store is pretty far off from complete, and the bathrooms haven't even broken ground yet.

There were no benches or shade umbrellas, but it sounds like those are coming soon.

I think the interesting aspect is food. They tore down the old pizza place, and weren't there rumors of a new food location to go up? The question is where, and I figure that's likely still coming. I have no insider info, but there's two possibilities: it could go up in the same area as the old bathrooms. There is still quite a bit of space set aside for those bathrooms, so the possibility of an additional building there isn't out of the question. And if they did put it there, all that empty space could be used for tables.

The other possibility are the facades that are behind the Round Up/Teen Titan Turbo Spin. They're being completely redone, and while not finished, from the exit of Turbo Spin, there's some odd small curbs that jut out maybe 3 feet. Are they possible queue guide for lines? Will food be sold behind it? It's a reach, but not out of the question. I do feel it's doubtful, as they still seem to be facades--there's no real building. I'm going back to the park today for the AP, so I'll try to get pics of them.
I heard the proposed bar/restaurant got cut

Just rode it on the second row. A fun ride that is not too intense. I can already see the locker situation is BAD. Not enough lockers with people trying to enter and exit at tje same time. They shoukd do like the mummy and have lockers outside the ride. They were loading half the trains beacuse of the locker situation. Six flags always know how to fail.

Just rode it on the second row. A fun ride that is not too intense. I can already see the locker situation is BAD. Not enough lockers with people trying to enter and exit at tje same time. They shoukd do like the mummy and have lockers outside the ride. They were loading half the trains beacuse of the locker situation. Six flags always know how to fail.

You gotta do back row on these things, completely different ride.

I'm not going to see this for myself, but people in line have told me that there is a separate "backpack room" to put it in a locker, but you are sent straight thru if you don't have one. It seems the train stops for no one. Every train I've seen has at least 1 empty seat.

I'm not going to see this for myself, but people in line have told me that there is a separate "backpack room" to put it in a locker, but you are sent straight thru if you don't have one. It seems the train stops for no one. Every train I've seen has at least 1 empty seat.
Typical MM not filling their trains.

Welp, I braved the brutal 108 degree heat and massive line to go on Wonder Woman. Now that I've recovered from near dehydration and heat exhaustion, I can now give my thoughts on the ride.

So first, a little backstory for the line. I waited 90 min when I got into line around the Fort Le John restrooms by Goliath. They scanned our pass twice which I felt was kinda overkill. Once at the DC Universe entrance and the second time right at the entrance for the ride. By the time I got to the entrance, a staff member was kinda scoping out the line and asked me if I had any loose articles or bags. I said, "No, nothing loose on me." He then told me to go through the Flash Pass line since I had nothing on me. I was ecstatic I didn't have to wait in that enormous line in the brutal heat. I was already dying from the sun. I got to bypass everyone all because they had bags and those stupid plastic drink bottles on them. Shaved off two hours right there. So thank you random CM for saving my day and possibly my health! Also, the indoor queue section had little to no air conditioning which is ridiculous in this heat.

Now for the ride. I really like it. It's smooth and a lot of fun! Not as intense as Railblazer but no where near as rough as WW at Fiesta Texas. The GP will love it so I guess that's all that matters. In isolation, it's a good addition for the park. Was it worth waiting almost two hours? Ehhhhhh, no. Certainly better than West Coast Racers though. After my ride, I decided to hop into the single rider queue for Drop of Doom and call it a day. Drank a bunch of water and ate a little ice cream to cool myself off on the way out. Heat was ridiculous so I had enough for today.

As for the area, I will echo everyone else's thoughts that the area looks so much worse now. We got a good new coaster, but at what cost? They tore down the restrooms, a needed water ride, a flat ride, and a pizza stand for.....concrete and benches!? They even decided to bulldoze the restrooms and build brand new ones and awkwardly place them next to the Batman entrance? These kind of decisions are just baffling and make no sense. The literally killed off three rides and more shade for a decent coaster and MOAR CONCRETE. The lack of shade and flat rides is getting pretty out-of-control when the park gets brutal during the Summer. I absolutely refuse to go during peak Summer season because it's so unbearable.

Six Flags needs to take a few years off from building coasters and just focus on adding natural shade, a few flats, and improve the food. Who ever is in charge of planning the new layouts for these areas needs to either be replaced or reevaluate what makes the area good. It's like they go out of their way to make each area look as ugly and without shade as possible.