Six Flags Magic Mountain | Page 154 | Inside Universal Forums

Six Flags Magic Mountain

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Most of Six Flags rapids rides (and water rides in general) seem to be down quite a bit this year chain wide. I have a feeling it's cost/deferred maintenance/staffing issues plus wanting to sell more water park admissions where the water parks are separate gates.

Reactions: baconwhiskers
hasn't it been closed for months? did they reopen and close today?

It's been closed, but I decision was made to close it for the rest of the year. The ride needs a major refurbishment, and getting replacement parts from Intamin is near impossible this year.

I know we joke all the time about this ride being removed for a major coaster, but I'm starting to think that just might happen.

That’s a little harsh lol but I get what you’re saying. Park just needs new management, construction/area planners, and a chain to oversee it:lol:
For what it is it is fine. They have a good selection of rides and a decent kid area. Theming, characters, entertainment etc is overrated. Go for the Thrills and you will be fine. This is coming from someone who goes weekly amd still gives them poop for stuff. But at the end of the day Six Flags is not Knott’s or Disney.

Got 2 rides on Wonder Woman today. Like others have said, the front and back are very different experiences, both fun in their own way.
The first drop in the front was fine, but in the back I was all the way out of my seat. Front gave intensity on the entrance to the crow's nest, back was more graceful.
Locker situation was handled much better today. Most people were using the free cubbies, but there was consistently space, as there's two banks of those. Waited only about 10 minutes for my rides, and was not forced to empty my pockets (highly recommend zipper pockets).
That queue looks okay I guess, but it was a sauna. Everyone was covered in sweat. A/C please.
There's some temporary food carts and tables where flash used to be, though I didn't investigate.
Teen Titans was running today, but the sign still hasn't been installed. Lots of workers around the land finishing the facades and gift shop.
Overall, coaster gets a 9.5/10, the land gets a 2

This sounds like the newly revived Wild Rivers water park in OC Great Park’s grand opening. Neither seemed ready to be officially opened yet they did. Seems like a fun coaster but it opened prematurely like Wild Rivers. Coaster may be ready, but the rest of the land isn’t ready, just like other aspects of Wild Rivers wasn’t ready for it’s grand opening.

That’s a little harsh lol but I get what you’re saying. Park just needs new management, construction/area planners, and a chain to oversee it:lol:
I thought they just got new management?

My issue is this....Super Hero's are the biggest things right now, stop holding up the DC Ip's if you can't commit. Like fine you want basic coasters cool but they don't even have a restaurant celebrating DC hero's. That doesn't cost much and to me is my biggest gripe if the rides are going to be bare theme fine but the lands/stores/restaurants should not be crap.

Once again, if they just want to do the minimum I wish Looney Tunes and DC went to theme parks that would show them love and want to make fun lands

Reactions: alias8703
It's been closed, but I decision was made to close it for the rest of the year. The ride needs a major refurbishment, and getting replacement parts from Intamin is near impossible this year.

I know we joke all the time about this ride being removed for a major coaster, but I'm starting to think that just might happen.
I really, REALLY hate this idea, especially when you have coasters like Scream or Viper that are ripe for replacement.

Rapids Camp Crossing is one of the nicest looking areas in the park. To put another coaster in there would mean they would close off the whole area, bulldoze half the area because they feel like it, and put a giant slab of concrete there. Plus they really need a good water ride in Tidal Wave's absence.

I know supply chain issues are a real pain here, but they really need Roaring Rapids. The park is literally run by people who are like "Yeah, but another coaster here and put a bunch of concrete here and we're good!" I really hope what we saw with Wonder Woman/DC is just a carryover from the last management and their priorities are changing.

It's not all bad news. Rumor is SFMM is next in line to receive an upgrade to it's toll booths, entrance and parking lot.

I also wish they would do something with the area surrounding Jet Stream.
Very exciting if true and further proves the surveyors that were there a few weeks ago. As always with any SFMM addition, this upgrade will probably involve removing all the trees by the entrance and plaza.

Aren't parking garages insanely expensive (at least, one the size that SFMM would need)? Like, other than Disneyland and Universal, does any American theme park have a parking garage?