Six Flags Magic Mountain | Page 153 | Inside Universal Forums

Six Flags Magic Mountain

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Welp, I braved the brutal 108 degree heat and massive line to go on Wonder Woman. Now that I've recovered from near dehydration and heat exhaustion, I can now give my thoughts on the ride.

So first, a little backstory for the line. I waited 90 min when I got into line around the Fort Le John restrooms by Goliath. They scanned our pass twice which I felt was kinda overkill. Once at the DC Universe entrance and the second time right at the entrance for the ride. By the time I got to the entrance, a staff member was kinda scoping out the line and asked me if I had any loose articles or bags. I said, "No, nothing loose on me." He then told me to go through the Flash Pass line since I had nothing on me. I was ecstatic I didn't have to wait in that enormous line in the brutal heat. I was already dying from the sun. I got to bypass everyone all because they had bags and those stupid plastic drink bottles on them. Shaved off two hours right there. So thank you random CM for saving my day and possibly my health! Also, the indoor queue section had little to no air conditioning which is ridiculous in this heat.

Now for the ride. I really like it. It's smooth and a lot of fun! Not as intense as Railblazer but no where near as rough as WW at Fiesta Texas. The GP will love it so I guess that's all that matters. In isolation, it's a good addition for the park. Was it worth waiting almost two hours? Ehhhhhh, no. Certainly better than West Coast Racers though. After my ride, I decided to hop into the single rider queue for Drop of Doom and call it a day. Drank a bunch of water and ate a little ice cream to cool myself off on the way out. Heat was ridiculous so I had enough for today.

As for the area, I will echo everyone else's thoughts that the area looks so much worse now. We got a good new coaster, but at what cost? They tore down the restrooms, a needed water ride, a flat ride, and a pizza stand for.....concrete and benches!? They even decided to bulldoze the restrooms and build brand new ones and awkwardly place them next to the Batman entrance? These kind of decisions are just baffling and make no sense. The literally killed off three rides and more shade for a decent coaster and MOAR CONCRETE. The lack of shade and flat rides is getting pretty out-of-control when the park gets brutal during the Summer. I absolutely refuse to go during peak Summer season because it's so unbearable.

Six Flags needs to take a few years off from building coasters and just focus on adding natural shade, a few flats, and improve the food. Who ever is in charge of planning the new layouts for these areas needs to either be replaced or reevaluate what makes the area good. It's like they go out of their way to make each area look as ugly and without shade as possible.
You had benches??? Lucky!!

I was there yesterday. One clarification: that building going up between WW and Batman is not going to be restrooms... it's going to be both retail and a common exit for both WW and Batman, hence that location. As I understand it, new restrooms will be built in the same location they were in already, behind the old Flash spot.

We got to park mega early, and were more towards the front-ish of the line, so it sounds like they hadn't worked out the system of asking people if they had loose articles and allowing them to bypass the line. They did state before going it that we had to use lockers, and that we could use the ones in the ride or by Batman. At the time, we didn't want to use the Batman ones, because we didn't want to risk losing our spot in line, since we were pretty close to the front.

If they continue this policy, I'd recommend if you do have loose articles, go put them in the Batman lockers (no one was really using them), and head to the Flashpass bypass. It'll be interesting to see how they adjust procedures as the ride starts finding it's footing, as I'm not sure if that's a sustainable option, but they don't have many. The lockers inside the ride literally have ONE access kiosk, and that's for both people trying to get a locker and people retriving, so you can imagine how much that slows things down. One team member did say they are intended to include an additional kisok, but I'd think it would still be very slow. I also heard the lockers hit capacity very early on, which also added to delays.

Another area not finished are the facades between Turbo Spin and the cape retail area. I'm 98% sure they'll still be facades, but as you can see in the pic below (taken from a public access point near the Turbo exit), there's some oddly placed curbs leading away from the structure. Decorative, or eventually a queue line guide for maybe a food ordering window? Either option doesn't make much sense to me (especially given it seems to be a facade, not a building), so who knows?

Attachments

• IMG_2792.jpg
    IMG_2792.jpg
    529.4 KB · Views: 14
I get construction stuff can get behind....but I still don't get how this area is like this when you have a big new ride....like clearly they needed like another month or two.

I don't know... if it didn't open for another month, I'm sure there'd be people saying, "Come on, the ride's done, it's just sitting there, just open the land already..."

While I'm sure it wasn't their first choice, by opening up an incomplete land, there's not only access to a new feature ride, but also Batman and Turbo Spin, increasing capacity for the entire park. So I get it.

Reactions: Freak and JS610
I don't know... if it didn't open for another month, I'm sure there'd be people saying, "Come on, the ride's done, it's just sitting there, just open the land already..."

While I'm sure it wasn't their first choice, by opening up an incomplete land, there's not only access to a new feature ride, but also Batman and Turbo Spin, increasing capacity for the entire park. So I get it.
I agree but then why close the land in the first place? To me what's confusing is the late of add features

They took away a ride and I beilive a restroom and now reopen with yes a new ride but most the land isn't done...so what were they doing to the other parts of the land since they seemed to add nothing new, thats my issue.

I agree but then why close the land in the first place? To me what's confusing is the late of add features

They took away a ride and I beilive a restroom and now reopen with yes a new ride but most the land isn't done...so what were they doing to the other parts of the land since they seemed to add nothing new, thats my issue.
Its six flags. Be glad they opened the ride in Summer. That locker situation is bad.

Reactions: Ron101 and Freak
Its six flags. Be glad they opened the ride in Summer. That locker situation is bad.
I love the operations for this coaster in that no items are allowed in station and people just board right away. Trains dispatching before the other hits the mcbr! However, the locker system responsible for this fast loading, is terrible. The area is too cramped, not enough lockers, and they make people pay for them. Keep the no loose articles policy in place, but figure out the locker situation.

Mummy is still the best lockers... granted, my issue would be not having my phone on me to take pics of the queue if they had anything photo-op worthy.

And to be fair, SFMM underestimates & overestimates everything

The lockers really needed to be built outside the queue. No loose articles should even be allowed in the queue unless it can be stored in the pouch on the ride, cell phones, keys etc.

As for the theming, I actually like the simple queue, because I actually hate SF attempts at extensive theming. SFMM’s clientele ignores it anyway, so it’s a waste of money. Put those funds toward an effective locker system instead, and do a better job of theming and shading the DC plaza.

Got to do it 5 times tonight and this is SFMM’s most efficient ops i’ve ever seen (minus the locker situation). Sucks you can’t choose back row each time but the line moves so fast with the continuous moving trains that it isn’t crazy to try again if your people counting doesn’t succeed. Definitely not as intense as Railblazer but still super fun and rly smooth, it’s like a less aggressive and drawn out version. Sit in the back seat of course. TC and WW are definitely the most re-rideable coasters in the park now.

They need to add fans or something to the indoor queue cause it’s a sauna (hotter inside than outside at night). Also no single rider and i can’t see how they’d add it honestly with the way they load.

The land definitely feels like a construction site, not even teen titans has its sign yet. Also the exit situation is abysmal, if you don’t make a right turn at the junction, you end up in batman queue (there are no signs).

And they are pulling the signs off the wall. People suckDC077B59-853D-44B9-A13E-AB0991B933E6.jpegYep this is why we cant have nice things. Got in 5 rides today. Rope dropped and was 15 deep but they didn’t open the ride til about 11:20. Got a back row ride which improved my opinion of the ride. A great ride whippy and fun. Went back around 1:30 and did 4 rides with less than 5 min wait. The lockers have improved. They now have 2 banks of free cubbies and no one used the lockers so getting people in and out is better but they should remove the car the lockers all together and add more cubbies. They improved ride operations is a fair trade off in losing locker revenue. They were running all 4 trains today with efficiency. I commend them for making improvements.

Last edited: