Six Flags Magic Mountain | Page 155 | Inside Universal Forums

Six Flags Magic Mountain

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Maybe they'll eventually pull a Great America and sell the park off for the land. :p

Magic Mountain is the Cedar Point of SFCorp.

I'm actually curious to know how DK will be handled following CGA's departure, as it makes them the sole large park for the NorCal region.

Parking is already insanely expensive, so it's not like they're hurting for $$$$

Still doesn't take into account of the infrastructural changes and modifications that would need to be made to compensate a specific parking structure. I can get why people want it, but I genuinely think the best scenario is going to be SFMM finally getting the Solar panel parking lot that Great Adventure has.

Honestly I'm hoping they finally relocate the entrances. Replace Scream if you have too, but I'd love to see SFMM's main park entrance at Scream, and Hurricane Harbor's right next to Tornado.

I might be the only one but did anyone else ever see the concept art that was floating around for the Art Deco inspired entrance remakes? I wasn't a fan but it was nonetheless less interesting

Not going to happen but a entrance where you walk under a "fake" coaster that is moving around a little track and maneuvering around the letters/words that say "Six Flags Magic Mountain" would be the coolest way to enter the park....but doubt it will have that kinda effort put in

Still doesn't take into account of the infrastructural changes and modifications that would need to be made to compensate a specific parking structure. I can get why people want it, but I genuinely think the best scenario is going to be SFMM finally getting the Solar panel parking lot that Great Adventure has.

Discovery Kingdom has the solar panel parking as well. Didn't know Great Adventure had it too! But yeah, I'd be fine if SFMM just got that, especially since they first announce that project in 2018.

Certainly in my recent trips the parking lot has almost completely filled up. Bus loads of summer camp teenagers do take up a fair amount of that space of course, but that’s always going to be true.
The only way I see a structure happening is if they do consolidate backstage to create more space.
Infrastructure improvements might not be marketable, but it is still the most important change Magic Mountain should make in the near future imo

Reactions: alias8703
They don’t need a parking structure. They can barely manage and staff the park at its current size. There’s plenty of space for bigger (giga) coasters to go around their lots, with queue entrances starting from the current park walkways.

Reactions: chris.g and Freak
The cost of building a parking garage in California with the earthquake building regulations would never recoup the costs in a way that makes sense.
Tell that to their high parking price.

There’s plenty of space for bigger (giga) coasters to go around their lots, with queue entrances starting from the current park walkways.
Let's not encourage more unthemed parking lot coasters...

There is AC, can feel it the most if you’re first in the building for the day. The weak AC system they installed wasn’t meant for this weather and handle all those sweaty guests in the switchbacks.