Skull Island: Reign of Kong - General Discussion | Page 10 | Inside Universal Forums

Skull Island: Reign of Kong - General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just as long as the big guy doesn't break the first week and they just flash strobes on him for the next 10+ years! (Bites tongue)

disco_yeti_by_hj_reload-d8fby0w.jpg

Heeyyyyyyy....

Heh, I just spoke to the King & he wants to know why no one is paying attention to him today .And I heard him, mumbling under his breath, say that he was going to kick Donkey Kong's butt.

^ :lol: Seriously though, I'm having a hard time believing this much happened this quickly.
Still, I'm really glad we got one expected announcement followed by something completely out of sight...

I cant believe the resurrection of Kong could end up being the best attraction in Orlando? Possibly the best damn attraction in the world?! It's truly a dream come true for us Uni obsessed fans lol If Universal can pull this off with King Kong, who knows what they could end up doing with other past classic IP's such as BTTF or Ghostbusters!

We are pumped about Kong, but the announcement raises a theming question we wanted to get the forum's thoughts on. If someone asks you on what island at Islands of Adventure is Kong located, what do you say? West confirmed it is not part of Jurassic Park or Toon Lagoon!? So, do you say Skull Island? Makes some sense, but raises some interesting theming/island issues. We wrote a short article addressing this issue today but without having a final conclusion. HTF, Teebin, Drew, BriMan, Mad Dog, others...what are your thoughts on this issue? By the way, it's good to be posting again (not sure where our posts from the "early years" went) after mainly interacting with most of you on Twitter in past few years.

I'm hoping that, unlike Gringotts, there's a Universal Express queue for this ride. The queue sounds awesome and I know I will be going though the normal queue at least once, but being someone who stays on-site, the 3rd, 4th, 5th time in a queue isn't fun when you have a Express pass burning a hole in your pocket.

We are pumped about Kong, but the announcement raises a theming question we wanted to get the forum's thoughts on. If someone asks you on what island at Islands of Adventure is Kong located, what do you say? West confirmed it is not part of Jurassic Park or Toon Lagoon!? So, do you say Skull Island? Makes some sense, but raises some interesting theming/island issues. We wrote a short article addressing this issue today but without having a final conclusion. HTF, Teebin, Drew, BriMan, Mad Dog, others...what are your thoughts on this issue? By the way, it's good to be posting again (not sure where our posts from the "early years" went) after mainly interacting with most of you on Twitter in past few years.

I just couldn't care less. I don't give a crap I see the castle from Splash Mountain or Hogwarts castle from the Jurassic Park entrance.
I see Universal building a long, huge, high quality, unique attraction/area that will look amazing and I don't care on what Island it is. It's a theme park and they don't have the land Disney has to use and that is ok by me.

Also reading a lot of comments I'm Always baffled about people already complaining in advance like "if that is a mountain range it's going to be crap" or "when I stand on one feet and leen to the left I can see...".
We heard you load en clear moaning about everthing about Diagon Alley, about the dragon not moving, about more screens, about the show building, about not havong rotating bricks, the colours used and more BS and it ended up beeing the most amazing, critically acclaimed theme park land/rides in the world. Give them time to build it, enjoy it and criticize if they did a bad job.

^ I don't feel they were criticizing - simply asking a question. Whether it's relevant or not is debatable but I don't think your harshness was warranted...

Skull Island--1 Vote
Couldn't Care Less/Don't Give a Crap--1 Vote

Skull Island,( mini island)......I would guess it will be listed on the maps as it's own entity.

I think it would be weird to have it listed as a separate land and only be one ride and a souvenir kiosk. I think they should just call the whole area Jurassic Park/Skull Island. When Jaws was around that area was called San Francisco/Amity Island, so the slash kinda works...plus Amity was in a similar situation where it didn't have enough to warrant its own land on a map.

I just couldn't care less. I don't give a crap I see the castle from Splash Mountain or Hogwarts castle from the Jurassic Park entrance.
I see Universal building a long, huge, high quality, unique attraction/area that will look amazing and I don't care on what Island it is. It's a theme park and they don't have the land Disney has to use and that is ok by me.

Also reading a lot of comments I'm Always baffled about people already complaining in advance like "if that is a mountain range it's going to be crap" or "when I stand on one feet and leen to the left I can see...".
We heard you load en clear moaning about everthing about Diagon Alley, about the dragon not moving, about more screens, about the show building, about not havong rotating bricks, the colours used and more BS and it ended up beeing the most amazing, critically acclaimed theme park land/rides in the world. Give them time to build it, enjoy it and criticize if they did a bad job.

1370.gif

I feel confident that it will be marketed with the the full title, and will show it as such on park maps. There was an attempt in original designs to actually place water between (almost) every "island" area. These days, it seems that just the idea the IP was on an island is enough to call it so without backing-up the illusion. Doesn't really bother me.

I am not happy about the idea of standing in front of Thunder Falls and staring back at the huge stone head of Kong. But that is another discussion.

honestly with the height restriction for this ride being 34 inches there will be a lot of crying kids coming off the ride

I'm hoping that, unlike Gringotts, there's a Universal Express queue for this ride. The queue sounds awesome and I know I will be going though the normal queue at least once, but being someone who stays on-site, the 3rd, 4th, 5th time in a queue isn't fun when you have a Express pass burning a hole in your pocket.

I can say that almost complete certainty that they'll build the queue with Express in mind. Can't say whether they'll have it open on day one or not.

I think it would be weird to have it listed as a separate land and only be one ride and a souvenir kiosk. I think they should just call the whole area Jurassic Park/Skull Island. When Jaws was around that area was called San Francisco/Amity Island, so the slash kinda works...plus Amity was in a similar situation where it didn't have enough to warrant its own land on a map.

This is an interesting idea and I think could have been pretty neat. But I think they may have had IP issue with it even if they considered it, but based on West's comments to Orlando Sentinel, he confirmed it will be totally separate form Jurassic Park, so I don't think that will happen.

I just hope that those big doors on the front actually open and it's not like a small door in the big door. Although to be honest it's hardly going to ruin the ride for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.