Skull Island: Reign of Kong - General Discussion | Page 11 | Inside Universal Forums

Skull Island: Reign of Kong - General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm hoping that, unlike Gringotts, there's a Universal Express queue for this ride. The queue sounds awesome and I know I will be going though the normal queue at least once, but being someone who stays on-site, the 3rd, 4th, 5th time in a queue isn't fun when you have a Express pass burning a hole in your pocket.
I hope there is no Express Queue for this.

Why? The only negative I can imagine is that in theory it slows down the queue for non-express guests, but if the ride has great capacity, which it will, I don't see how that would be a problem. Besides, I don't think any queue suffers that much from Universal Express guests.
It's just a personal problem. I just want the QBots to roll out in a larger fashion with all the new offerings because express pass people really hold the damn lines up IMO from experience and I frequent universal OFTEN. But IDK. I've always been against guest getting certain special treatment because they are staying at a resort. I know not of anybody to not be at a resort and actually but the express pass. (Lol See why I said it was a personal problem lol)

We are pumped about Kong, but the announcement raises a theming question we wanted to get the forum's thoughts on. If someone asks you on what island at Islands of Adventure is Kong located, what do you say? West confirmed it is not part of Jurassic Park or Toon Lagoon!? So, do you say Skull Island? Makes some sense, but raises some interesting theming/island issues. We wrote a short article addressing this issue today but without having a final conclusion. HTF, Teebin, Drew, BriMan, Mad Dog, others...what are your thoughts on this issue? By the way, it's good to be posting again (not sure where our posts from the "early years" went) after mainly interacting with most of you on Twitter in past few years.

Skull Island

Well is there a need for a single rider line for a large capacity attraction like this one? Kinda like having a singer rider line for Ellen's energy adventure

I just hope that those big doors on the front actually open and it's not like a small door in the big door. Although to be honest it's hardly going to ruin the ride for me.

The actual doorway opening is only about 10-15' tall, not the full 30-40' height of the doors. Don't have pics on my phone, but I'll have some in Around the Universe next week where you'll be able to see what I mean

There is an express queue but I am not yet hearing of a single rider (but those are almost always well hidden).

I really hope for single rider. Alot of time during the week if I have a day off and all my friends and fiance are at work ill go by myself anyways. I love single rider

The actual doorway opening is only about 10-15' tall, not the full 30-40' height of the doors. Don't have pics on my phone, but I'll have some in Around the Universe next week where you'll be able to see what I mean

I figured as much, thanks. Can't wait to see the photos.

Could someone with a shoe that measures approx. 12" heel to toe do me a favor and walk the curve in this wall from end to crotch of next curve. Please walk in a straight line away from the curve so that you don't include the curvature bend. See lines below.

TF_Wall_zps7uqkfseg.jpg

Thanks in advance!

Last edited:
So excited for Kong's return I just had to:
[video=youtube;rbh4TngIO20]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rbh4TngIO20[/video]

Sorry, I missed this earlier. Good stuff, but it would still be cool to have someone walk it and count for me... just to verify that it is accurate.

BTW, is that the new google maps? I never thought to do that in google earth. Thanks violarum!

It's NearMaps if you have an account; I was given access to the tools by using my design email, but I think non-business-related emails won't be given access. I'm always annotating maps, so it's a great tool to have especially with overlays, and the average aerial image is in stunning quality unlike Google Maps. I wish Google Maps would come out with an annotation system that gives this quality of image, because since the redesign of NearMaps, it's been awkward to create objects from predestined shapes as opposed to the custom polygon tool Google Maps has. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.