Skull Island: Reign of Kong - General Discussion | Page 80 | Inside Universal Forums

Skull Island: Reign of Kong - General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
A few shots from today.

Looks like the unthemed side of the building is at least getting the London waterfront treatment.

Big guy getting the blues.

I'm starting to really like the mural.

Can just make out the beginning of a texture on the wall in what I guess is the queue.

Lastly, some electrical work up on the temple.

Very Very nice pics !! Merci beaucoup :)

The rock work is amazing, Nasal is gorgeous for this stuff ! I Wonder if nasal would accept a student in Design like me for an internship !
Do you know if disney have contractors for this kind of work ? or did they have their own rocks sculptor ?

Reactions: Mad Dog
Excellent pics Awhen. You and Alicia should go on tour!

I Wonder if nasal would accept a student in Design like me for an internship !
Do you know if disney have contractors for this kind of work ? or did they have their own rocks sculptor ?

Are you already at art school? If so it is very possible. Rock work is a different kettle however... most of the guys are average contractors that have gone through custom tutorials and hands on classes for each job. They either have the knack or they don't and are out.

Disney works very much like Universal in that they design and art direct everything with the caveat that they hire many pros on temporarily to do the master work. They also use freelancers from outside... on the leash of non-disclosure and copyright ownership.

I wish I could tell you more, which I could, but I won't. :)

Reactions: awhen and Alicia
A few shots from today.

Looks like the unthemed side of the building is at least getting the London waterfront treatment.

Big guy getting the blues.

I'm starting to really like the mural.

Can just make out the beginning of a texture on the wall in what I guess is the queue.

Lastly, some electrical work up on the temple.

Great pics as always :)

Reactions: awhen
Not sure if I understand why the Kong statue/rockwork is that color compared to everything else?

Reactions: mcusi
Not sure if I understand why the Kong statue/rockwork is that color compared to everything else?
Just to make it match probably, I agree it would be cooler and would stand out more if it was a different color. I love the London waterfront treatment. Makes it more full

It has all been painted that base color... the temple, everything. The base color does come through in the final result, it just isn't screeching obvious. It is also a way to bump the chroma a bit and fascinate the eye. Disney's done it for decades.

Reactions: IAmFloridaBorn
Excellent pics Awhen. You and Alicia should go on tour!

Are you already at art school? If so it is very possible. Rock work is a different kettle however... most of the guys are average contractors that have gone through custom tutorials and hands on classes for each job. They either have the knack or they don't and are out.

Disney works very much like Universal in that they design and art direct everything with the caveat that they hire many pros on temporarily to do the master work. They also use freelancers from outside... on the leash of non-disclosure and copyright ownership.

I wish I could tell you more, which I could, but I won't. :)

Yes i'm in a School of Industrial Design in Paris, and i want to take the "space design" option in my third years (5 years of study in this school).
It's could be a cliché but i really want to work in the theme park industry, in the creation & design (of rocks).

Ok i see how they process now.

Thank you Teebin.

I hope it looks as great or even better than the statue they had at USH when the movie opened. That thing was mesmerizing in person.

Status
Not open for further replies.