Skull Island: Reign of Kong - General Discussion | Page 96 | Inside Universal Forums

Skull Island: Reign of Kong - General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I haven't stayed up to date on this expansion at all.

Anyone have a good summary of what to expect? Also, it's safe to assume this has nothing to do with the film Kong Skull Island considering Universal is no longer involved, and it's moved to WB with Legendary?

I haven't stayed up to date on this expansion at all.

Anyone have a good summary of what to expect? Also, it's safe to assume this has nothing to do with the film Kong Skull Island considering Universal is no longer involved, and it's moved to WB with Legendary?
Your assumption is correct, according to previous posts by Teebin. But, even though it is not related to any film, it's setting is similar to the beginning lost world aspects of the 30's, 70's and 2005 films.

Reactions: Mike S
Your assumption is correct, according to previous posts by Teebin. But, even though it is not related to any film, it's setting is similar to the beginning lost world aspects of the 30's, 70's and 2005 films.
Cool, I prefer the setting anyways. The new film is a 'reboot' of the classic Kong concept, and set during the Vietnam War.. The 1930's are a way cooler setting, assuming some of that era translates despite the Skull Island setting.

Your assumption is correct, according to previous posts by Teebin.
Cool, I prefer the setting anyways. The new film is a 'reboot' of the classic Kong concept, and set during the Vietnam War.. The 1930's are a way cooler setting, assuming some of that era translates despite the Skull Island setting.
According to Teebin it is a 1930's setting. Type of vehicle etc.

Disney has Princesses, Universal has Dragons.
Thinking about it now, every Disney & Universal park in Orlando has a Dragon in some form.

MK in both parades, Epcot has Figment, DHS in Fantasmic!, AK in the logo and soon the Dragon like Banshees of Pandora, USF in Diagon Alley, and finally IoA in Hogsmeade. So if Uni gets the rights to LoTR and builds their third park, I still want to see Smaug ;) Let's not forget Smaug is very different from the Dragons of Harry Potter. Huge and intelligent. A ride where he's hunting you down would be great. Plus, imagine this being a scene in the ride like the Giant Squid in 20K at DisneySea.
smaug-eye-feature.jpg

4094408345_b6c135fd2a.jpg

Rivendell can always replace Lost Continent at IoA. Anyway, :topic:

Thinking about it now, every Disney & Universal park in Orlando has a Dragon in some form.

MK in both parades, Epcot has Figment, DHS in Fantasmic!, AK in the logo and soon the Dragon like Banshees of Pandora, USF in Diagon Alley, and finally IoA in Hogsmeade. So if Uni gets the rights to LoTR and builds their third park, I still want to see Smaug ;) Let's not forget Smaug is very different from the Dragons of Harry Potter. Huge and intelligent. A ride where he's hunting you down would be great. Plus, imagine this being a scene in the ride like the Giant Squid in 20K at DisneySea.
smaug-eye-feature.jpg

4094408345_b6c135fd2a.jpg

Rivendell can always replace Lost Continent at IoA. Anyway, :topic:

You're forgetting a dragon at Universal.