Skull Island: Reign of Kong - General Discussion | Page 677 | Inside Universal Forums

Skull Island: Reign of Kong - General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Ok so why would universal downgrade existing rides in that case? These people would be feedback for future decisions. Universal is responding to complaints that too many rides are in 3d and downgrading rides so they can say less rides are 3d even though making less rides 3d lowers attraction quality to appease a minority market. Again they should provide 2d glasses and be done with it.

I have not ridden minions in years and will not ride Kong again until they fix it. Apparently I am supposed to like the 3d removal.
This is a cost-cutting measure, not a creative choice. I don't know where you're hearing that people are in favor of this.

Reactions: TheCodeMan95
This is a cost-cutting measure, not a creative choice. I don't know where you're hearing that people are in favor of this.
Just to add a bit more context: It also comes off the common complaints of over usage of 3D/screens. Sort of a "Two Birds, One Stone" situation.

Overcorrection? Probably. It definitely doesn't help the ride.

Reactions: TheCodeMan95
Do you not read any other boards or reddit? Is Universal Losing money or something? Did ticket prices go down? This the the equivalent of a rich person digging up pennies. When a company is looking to cut costs often they cut costs in areas that are perceived to be unpopular or will receive the least backlash. Downgrading a ride is such a stupidly small cost savings in the scheme of things.

I guarantee the people who hate 3d are louder than you think they are because they do not want to ride anything that uses 3d no matter the quality.

At least we agree this certainly isn't a creative choice.

Last edited:
Cost cutting in the name of squeezing pennies to improve margins are a normal part of business... but cutting a significant part of an attraction is a first for Universal.

I'm used to parks cutting the quality of food items to improve profits without increasing prices... but considering how bad some QSR options at UOR are, I guess they couldn't find more to cut there lol

Do you not read any other boards or reddit? Is Universal Losing money or something? Did ticket prices go down? This the the equivalent of a rich person digging up pennies. When a company is looking to cut costs often they cut costs in areas that are perceived to be unpopular or will receive the least backlash. Downgrading a ride is such a stupidly small cost savings in the scheme of things.

I guarantee the people who hate 3d are louder than you think they are because they do not want to ride anything that uses 3d no matter the quality.

At least we agree this certainly isn't a creative choice.
When you're spending billions on a new park, cutting costs elsewhere isn't unheard of.

When you're spending billions on a new park, cutting costs elsewhere isn't unheard of.
Why is this the problem of guests in their current parks? Do they not cost enough for said guests that they have already funded future investment combined with the fact that said future investment will lead to an increase in profits? Imagine if an expensive hotel cut services because they were building another expensive hotel across town. Would anyone staying there buy this kind of excuse?