Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Sneak Peak of Doctor Strange coming to One Man's Dream October 7

All of the bloggers out for the first "show" or whatever it is. So far it seems like a Dr. Strange version of Jedi Training Academy. Strange Looks good though.

ZMlvLEF.jpg

Last edited:
So this is actually more like the Belle M&G at MK than Jedi Training. There's a 20 minute show with kids that he picks out of the viewing audience and then at the end, anyone that wants a picture can go up and get one.

The show was pretty slow and boring. The kids didn't look into it. It took about 15 minutes of convoluted story-telling to get to any special effects at all. This definitely needs to be tinkered with, I certainly wouldn't stand around to watch this.

This is what kids receive after meeting Dr. Strange (very similar to the bookmark received after meeting Belle at her thing):

I don't know much about Doctor Strange, but it looks like a cosplayer just wandered into the park. Is this actually a good setting for this character?

Also the Daily Bugle reference although small I think can create some very legitimate confusion. You enter the Spiderman attraction through the actual Daily Bugle building, it's a key part of that attraction. Also I think universal has some of the very same type of newspaper boxes.

The funny part to me is they suddenly rename the street "Bleecker St." when the show is set along "Pixar Place", archway and everything :lol:

I don't know much about Doctor Strange, but it looks like a cosplayer just wandered into the park. Is this actually a good setting for this character?

Also the Daily Bugle reference although small I think can create some very legitimate confusion. You enter the Spiderman attraction through the actual Daily Bugle building, it's a key part of that attraction. Also I think universal has some of the very same type of newspaper boxes.
Just about all face characters look like cosplayers, unfortunately. All of the parks are working with Orlando faces/talent, not LA like Disneyland/USH.

As for the Daily Bugle reference/paper, that's walking a very fine line so it should be interesting to see how that goes in over the course of the this show's run. It's also worth noting the Daredevil reference as MSHI also has a nod to Nelson & Murdock.

Last edited:
Meh...I love the movie but this could be cut to 8 minutes

Well guess we are in true testing mode for the rumored Marvel (Super Hero) area of DHS

Meh...I love the movie but this could be cut to 8 minutes

Well guess we are in true testing mode for the rumored Marvel (Super Hero) area of DHS
Yeah, too much faux storytelling that the kids could really care less about. Basically, more special fx, less story.

I know. I mean like by the beginning of next week kinda short. :lol:
Well then. Seems they put a lot of work into something they knew they wouldn't do for long to help promote a movie that didn't need it.... That was dumb.

Well then. Seems they put a lot of work into something they knew they wouldn't do for long to help promote a movie that didn't need it.... That was dumb.

Yeah... not sure what the rationale was (Other than movie promo).

Can't advertise it.... Can't mention anything. Hell, that's not even "Dr. Strange" at the M&G so....

Personally feel this is a good indication that those future Marvel/Disney rumors are pipedreams.

I wonder if something like this is payed for out of the movies promotional budget, and if so how that might affect the issue with the Universal contract. Perhaps it's a way for Disney to bend the rules slightly?