Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Special Effects Show

Saw this today. Great fun as always, performers were fantastic. The end sequence with the astronaut on wires was cut, but that fire burn makes for a spectacular final sequence. The theater was filled to the brim, but some stragglers were entering about 5 minutes before and got seats. I imagine this will be quite popular in its limited run

Just need to remind everyone that the Creature Musical debuted 13 years ago (as of this past friday). He's still hung... hung.. hungry.

Really? I have a childhood memory of seeing it at USH in the early 2000s. Am I totally making that up?
USH had a Marvel meet-n-greet long ago. They also had a restaurant. And of course, the very short-lived Spiderman Rocks show.

Really? I have a childhood memory of seeing it at USH in the early 2000s. Am I totally making that up?

Unfortunately yes. USH had Marvel appearances, but by 2007, it decided to get rid of them as it wasn't doing anything meaningful in the park (no Marvel attraction in the park) and thereby costing them money. Spider-Man was rumored to be in the building where the Mummy ride is now, but Universal elected to use the Mummy roller coaster as a replacement for E.T. instead. In hindsight, if they ever foresee the MCU being so popular later on or expand the park by tearing down a few soundstages under Comcast, I'm sure USH would have kept the Marvel rights on the West Coast.

Just need to remind everyone that the Creature Musical debuted 13 years ago (as of this past friday). He's still hung... hung.. hungry.

USH had a Marvel meet-n-greet long ago. They also had a restaurant. And of course, the very short-lived Spiderman Rocks show.
Marvel mania was short lived. it replaced my favorite restaurant Victoria Station. Food: Marvel Mania - theStudioTour.com

Unfortunately yes. USH had Marvel appearances, but by 2007, it decided to get rid of them as it wasn't doing anything meaningful in the park (no Marvel attraction in the park) and thereby costing them money. Spider-Man was rumored to be in the building where the Mummy ride is now, but Universal elected to use the Mummy roller coaster as a replacement for E.T. instead. In hindsight, if they ever foresee the MCU being so popular later on or expand the park by tearing down a few soundstages under Comcast, I'm sure USH would have kept the Marvel rights on the West Coast.
I might actually be thinking of "Tarzan Rocks" from Animal Kingdom, haha.

In what might be the start of the end, Special Effects Stage is effectively going seasonal for the rest of 2022, playing mostly on Weekends

Even during the peak Holiday rush? Yeah it sounds like those F&F coaster rumors sound more likely.

I’m worried about next year’s HHN. Hopefully they’ll have a show in the plaza or it will be a linepocolypse from 2014 all over again.

Well going to have to see both at least once more

Was about to say......dam its going to be hard without these two shows...then I remembered Mario is around the corner