Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Special Effects Show

January would be about the time SNW softs might be starting, right? Hopefully there's also Lunar New Year in the Plaza to suck up crowds. How much capacity would they lose with the theaters closed?

That's still two people eaters getting the ax though. I get we don't have a lot of space, but does USH really need to keep its replace-the-old-with-the-new philosophy for attractions?
I agree, if I was in charge I'd have been building a new Tram area for the past year...so we could use the old Tram area for some new rides and lands

Would not be replacing much before we got in more...but its Universal

That's still two people eaters getting the ax though. I get we don't have a lot of space, but does USH really need to keep its replace-the-old-with-the-new philosophy for attractions?

Its subjective but SLOP, Wizarding World and SNW have added 4 rides which didn't replace other attractions. Plus loosing these 2 venues makes it more likely we will get something like Bourne as it takes us down to only 2 shows - never thought I would get to say that about USH!

Times have changed, bring on F&F!

They need to find a way to work a version of the Horror Makeup Show into the Hollywood park. It only requires a small venue, is inexpensive to run, and would likely get a great guest response. If not that, something has to replace all the lost show capacity.

Would that fit in TWDA? I kinda hope not cause I like that HHN venue now.

Would that fit in TWDA? I kinda hope not cause I like that HHN venue now.

Probably could be configured to work (most likely entering from where you currently exit) but probably not the most practical option. It'd probably need to be a new building, which makes the idea fairly unlikely, unfortunately.

HHN is gonna be screwed on capacity next year huh. Losing its show, and I think we’ll be losing at least one venue from this year

Well this is all assuming the Mummy rumor is true (Which I doubt it is). As for the show, I think they’re just going to use the plaza to hold one.
Mummy venue wasn’t the one I was referring to, but yeah using plaza for a show seems likely but that would cut their main event food venue

Not to completely envelop it to HHN talk; but I'm honestly wondering if they might have to lose Waterworld Queue for Waterworld to fill the capacity void for HHN on a show.

Either that or have DreamWorks Theater be used for a show with the projections from the Lagoon shows. Just use the lagoon projections and lighting; and you might have something.

I’ve heard the Animal Actors show will be finding a new home in the park

Animal Actor TM's and Animals walking to their new venue like--
sweaty-sweat.gif

I’ve heard the Animal Actors show will be finding a new home in the park
Hoping this is true. Both of these shows, while certainly dated, still feel vintage USH to me because of their focus on film production. I get that’s becoming less important to the park as we move forward, which is obviously the right move — I would take the rumored FF coaster over these shows a thousand times out of 10, but the “movie magic” aspect of USH is what made me fall in love with it as a kid and I hope it holds on to as much of that stuff as they can.

Hope the critters in AA get some nice place to go to

In other news... Universal is opening a new BBQ restaurant...
Kidding!

Hoping this is true. Both of these shows, while certainly dated, still feel vintage USH to me because of their focus on film production. I get that’s becoming less important to the park as we move forward, which is obviously the right move — I would take the rumored FF coaster over these shows a thousand times out of 10, but the “movie magic” aspect of USH is what made me fall in love with it as a kid and I hope it holds on to as much of that stuff as they can.

I'd be in favor of a true 'studio' area on the LL with the Tour, Bourne, Animal Actors and some kind of effects show. Makes sense as you would then be in the heart of the studio too.

HHN is gonna be screwed on capacity next year huh. Losing its show, and I think we’ll be losing at least one venue from this year
Looks at Dream works theater

IF only we had another place to have a show at

I hope Universal after having a very good HHN, doesn't suffer next year. But the Tram area/Halloween/Scarecrow area alone should be able to be 4 mazes, plus the Tram. Plus at least two downstairs (if not three) and upstairs we still have WW Q, the walking dead area and near the plaza. This is just incase they can't use the back lot again..which can fit 3 mazes as well

Looks at Dream works theater

IF only we had another place to have a show at

I hope Universal after having a very good HHN, doesn't suffer next year. But the Tram area/Halloween/Scarecrow area alone should be able to be 4 mazes, plus the Tram. Plus at least two downstairs (if not three) and upstairs we still have WW Q, the walking dead area and near the plaza. This is just incase they can't use the back lot again..which can fit 3 mazes as well

Scared Shrekless in Dreamworks lets goooo