Spider-Man: No Way Home | Page 6 | Inside Universal Forums

Spider-Man: No Way Home

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I'm of the mind that I wish Spider-Man 3 would be a two-parter. Have the first part help close out the dangling plot threads of Peter, his identity reveal and so forth....then have it end with a big cliff-hanger introducing the other two Spider-Men leading into a second part that can give ample screentime to the original two iteration's characters without the bloat. But...that's a pipe dream.
I mean, it may not end at a trilogy. In fact, i'd probably say it's more likely than not that there will be a fourth movie considering Sony likes to pump them out.

Ok Ok...I'm sure this next film is going to be fun but no way it beats Spiderverse. Mainly because this film has WAY too much going on....my god the cast is huge and has to both more the MCU and Spiderman films along with making old fans of the two other spiderman happy...its a lot.

But dam, the vest version of Doc Ock, I'm all for it. I think this could be my favorite MCU Spiderman if done right.

Regarding the recent announcements, it's a mixed-leaning-negative bag for me.

On one hand, I'm not opposed to the idea of a multiverse Sinister Six. In the right hands, I think that could be pretty neat.

Thing is, this isn't in the hands of the amazing team who gave us Into the Spider-Verse. It's the MCU who can certainly pull out some hits, but there's no guarantee they'll be able to make this work.

On top of that, I'll admit something I really don't like is the fact that we've been -getting- these announcements. When J.K. Simmons returned as J.J.J. in Far From Home, it was a legit surprise and I loved that! But with all these returning actors/characters getting announced, I feel it's a major missed opportunity to pull off a chain of surprises. At least wait until the trailer or second one to surprise everyone.

An with the announcements, it's easy seeing what kind of direction they're taking, and it's gonna' get compared and judged by pretty quick since let's face it, Into the Spider-Verse is -the- Gold Standard for this type of direction.

Damnit, Andrew announced before Tobey, thought they were gonna announce him first if they could.

Am I the only one overwhelmed by all this news?

There was a weird stretch in the early part of the last decade where people decided the Raimi trilogy wasn't good anymore. That seems to have decidedly gone away.

Spidey 2 is one of the best superhero movies ever IMO. That, Shrek 2 and Prisoner of Azkaban was a terrific combo that summer--I saw each of those four times in theaters.

I'm sure it will be *fine*. MCU rarely dips below that line, though I'd argue it also rarely rises above it.

But SPIDER-VERSE is a masterpiece, and for my money the best superhero film ever made. The visual creativity alone in the film is head and shoulders above any of the MCU films, which tend to really not be all that creative visually.

You lost me at "rarely rises above it"

Regarding the recent announcements, it's a mixed-leaning-negative bag for me.

On one hand, I'm not opposed to the idea of a multiverse Sinister Six. In the right hands, I think that could be pretty neat.

Thing is, this isn't in the hands of the amazing team who gave us Into the Spider-Verse. It's the MCU who can certainly pull out some hits, but there's no guarantee they'll be able to make this work.

On top of that, I'll admit something I really don't like is the fact that we've been -getting- these announcements. When J.K. Simmons returned as J.J.J. in Far From Home, it was a legit surprise and I loved that! But with all these returning actors/characters getting announced, I feel it's a major missed opportunity to pull off a chain of surprises. At least wait until the trailer or second one to surprise everyone.

An with the announcements, it's easy seeing what kind of direction they're taking, and it's gonna' get compared and judged by pretty quick since let's face it, Into the Spider-Verse is -the- Gold Standard for this type of direction.
I mean this would have been hard...Won't spoil it for people who haven't watched Mando but like 6 months ago we heard rumors of characters that would be in this season...and that was filmed mainly in a huge studio room but yet somehow characters leaked out.

Sadly most film's can't surprise us any more unless they are animated because people leak things and even if you don't search for it sites like IGN and other Entertainment sites report on rumors hours after people on twitter post them

Reactions: SeventyOne
I'll believe Tobey and Garfield when I actually see it. "In talks" doesn't do it for me. The cool thing about it if it happens is that both of their previous movies will retroactively be apart of the MCU technically.

Emma Stone better be Spider-Gwen if we're doing this.

I mean this would have been hard...Won't spoil it for people who haven't watched Mando but like 6 months ago we heard rumors of characters that would be in this season...and that was filmed mainly in a huge studio room but yet somehow characters leaked out.

Sadly most film's can't surprise us any more unless they are animated because people leak things and even if you don't search for it sites like IGN and other Entertainment sites report on rumors hours after people on twitter post them
Well when you have talent of the caliber of some of these actors and you're filming in the middle of New York, it's a bit hard to hide some of these anyway.

The Avenger films always got a bit docked for glancing over characters. Iron Man always got a ton to do. But Hawkeye...

I think that’s the bigger concern. MCU tends to stumble with making more than 3/4 characters matter in a movie. Even when characters are previously well-developed, they’ll often get shoved aside in sequels (GotG). Never mind the hit-and-mostly-miss aspect of their villains...

Now we have potentially 3 Spider-Mans, at least 3 villains, 3 love interests, maybe 3 JJs... all in a stand-alone movie. Because that’s the quirk in this. This isn’t a culminating event. While Wandavision is going to introduce the multi-verse to the MCU... Spider-Man looks positioned to be the first multi-verse movie in the MCU. That’s a lot of pressure, and a lot of potential bloat, in what could have easily been a simple conclusion to Peter’s high school years.

Reactions: SeventyOne and Nico
The Avenger films always got a bit docked for glancing over characters. Iron Man always got a ton to do. But Hawkeye...

I think that’s the bigger concern. MCU tends to stumble with making more than 3/4 characters matter in a movie. Even when characters are previously well-developed, they’ll often get shoved aside in sequels (GotG). Never mind the hit-and-mostly-miss aspect of their villains...

Now we have potentially 3 Spider-Mans, at least 3 villains, 3 love interests, maybe 3 JJs... all in a stand-alone movie. Because that’s the quirk in this. This isn’t a culminating event. While Wandavision is going to introduce the multi-verse to the MCU... Spider-Man looks positioned to be the first multi-verse movie in the MCU. That’s a lot of pressure, and a lot of potential bloat, in what could have easily been a simple conclusion to Peter’s high school years.
To be fair...the last Spiderman film teased us about this.

Like we all thought the villain could be from another Earth but then it wasn't so almost like they were getting us ready for the possibility of this.

What sucks is honestly...I'd rather them just make this idea a series...like 6 hour long episodes and give everyone time to shine and every kinda give us Spiderman 4 (raimi) and give us the a more fleshed out Amazing Spiderman. But we will see what they do with this and weirdly enough does this open the other Spiderman a way to return to the big screen?
Well when you have talent of the caliber of some of these actors and you're filming in the middle of New York, it's a bit hard to hide some of these anyway.
To me its more spoiler culture.

God forbid you let people see the film, I see sooooo many Mando video's with images or titles ruining the surprise hours after it comes out. IGN not only on video games but MCU films has given away on Thursday night what the end scene is...it's like these sites just want to ruin any kinda fun we could have.

Reactions: SeventyOne
What is even this movie....no no no this is all too much good stuff for a Sony MCU Spiderman film...whats the catch? Who's soul was sacrificed for all this greatness?

Reactions: OhHaiInternet95
What is even this movie....no no no this is all too much good stuff for a Sony MCU Spiderman film...whats the catch? Who's soul was sacrificed for all this greatness?
The last pieces of the puzzle are Vincent Denofrio as Kingpin and Ryan Reynolds as Deadpool just because. :lol:

Honestly though, I see most of these characters as being cameos in the movie since a bunch of weird multiverse stuff is gonna be going down. WandaVision is setting everything up, but this movie is gonna do a great job setting up Secret Wars, I think.

I'm don't really like Grace, but she tends to be right a lot (or at least has good sources). This is what she had to say:

I’m glad to see the idea of SheHulk representing Peter wasn’t that outlandish, lol