Spider-Man: No Way Home | Page 11 | Inside Universal Forums

Spider-Man: No Way Home

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Had a concerning thought last night and can’t shake it. What if all of this multiverse stuff ends up being true and in the end it all turns out to be a huge illusion by Mysterio? They’ve established a pattern of doing fake outs like this.

I know in my mind that this probably won’t be the case because of what the leaks have said, but the possibility still worries me a little. What do you guys think?

Not saying there is 0% chance of that happening, but its close to 0 IMO. We have at least two upcoming movies based on the multiverse and Strange would sniff out a fake real quick.

Had a concerning thought last night and can’t shake it. What if all of this multiverse stuff ends up being true and in the end it all turns out to be a huge illusion by Mysterio? They’ve established a pattern of doing fake outs like this.

I know in my mind that this probably won’t be the case because of what the leaks have said, but the possibility still worries me a little. What do you guys think?
I don’t think they would do that because I think it’s how they will bring X-men into the fold eventually. And then already did the Mysterious fake multiverse thing in the last film. To do that twice is kind of uninspired.

I don’t think they would do that because I think it’s how they will bring X-men into the fold eventually. And then already did the Mysterious fake multiverse thing in the last film. To do that twice is kind of uninspired.

My counter to that is that they keep doing it even though they’ve done the same kind of thing before. Mandarin, Mysterio, Fietro. I also don’t think it will happen but a part of me will still worry.

Reactions: HalfGlass
I do find it funny that we could be going back to theater-exclusive trailers. As if that will stop them from leaking onto the internet.

I do find it funny that we could be going back to theater-exclusive trailers. As if that will stop them from leaking onto the internet.

I kind of doubt this one will be theater exclusive, as it would line up with how Marvel begins promoting major films--by a 6 month interval.

The question to me is--how much will be in the teaser, and will they finally address Tobey or Andrew.

The question to me is--how much will be in the teaser, and will they finally address Tobey or Andrew.
You gotta think they have to. The cats out of the bag and everyone is expecting it so waiting to reveal it until the full trailer is released two months before the movie drops would be lame.

Unless Sony/Marvel thinks they can dupe people back into believing they’re not in it....but come onnnnn

You gotta think they have to. The cats out of the bag and everyone is expecting it so waiting to reveal it until the full trailer is released two months before the movie drops would be lame.

Unless Sony/Marvel thinks they can dupe people back into believing they’re not in it....but come onnnnn

My guess is that we'll see either Tobey or Andrew as the end bit of the teaser (similar to how the Guardians were present at the Infinity War teaser), but the trailer-shot is going to be on Electro and Doc Ock in some shape or form.

No Way Home and Multiverse of Madness feel like "event" films with major significance for the sake of this phase--and it's funny how close it is to eachother too. I can see similar tactics being used for the both of them.

Or maybe this situation is just Mephisto all over again.

Me to Mephisto right now:

tenor.gif

__

Meanwhile, in the terms of things, The Sneider Cut (a Collider podcast hosted by Jeff Sneider) has mentioned on the most recent episode, of [Spoiler's ahead] William DaFoe being apparently set to be the main antagonist of No Way Home, as the film will revolve on a multiversal Sinister Six that will see the return of Sandman, Green Goblin, Rhino, and Lizard alongside Doc Ock and Electro.

Sony is running ads for Spider-Man Fan Week currently, telling people to rent/buy the last two movies to catch up for No Way Home. Really hoping we get a trailer this week.

Maybe a brief teaser for Shang Chi, then a full trailer for Eternals? I’m not sure how they’re going to market this but it’s THE big movie this Christmas so I assume it’ll be heavily adverstised.

As much as I want the trailer....I also kinda dont want it

Trailers give wayyyy too much away and this film seems like it will be filled with lots of fun moments.....and all the trailers will do is spoil those
I'm with you in that i'm already hyped enough for the movie. I always watch teaser trailers, so i'll watch that, but i'll probably stay away from the trailers after that.

Ha! I'm the complete opposite. I love spoilers, and read the Wikipedia plot breakdown before even seeing movies. I like marveling at direction, at that is what separates good movies from great movies for me. I've probably seen GAR's Day of the Dead, Carpenter's The Thing, and The Shining 25 times each, and I love them better since I know what is going to happen.

Perhaps Forbidden Journey and The Amazing Adventures of Spider-Man even fall into this category?

Also, I'm a little odd, according to some people I know. :lol: :cheers:

Reactions: AlexanderMBush