Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Spider-Man: No Way Home

I am immediately sold on this film by the teaser. Not a lot of films do that for me; but this trailer hit all the buttons.

A bit of a wonderment though on a bit of the origin of what they're pulling--that being One More Day, the run released back in 2007. In the storyline, Peter Parker makes a deal not with Doctor Strange; but instead Mephisto, the demonic creature. However in this case, it appears to be Strange, and by accidental happenstances, he breaks concentration of the spell. The thing that makes me curious about all of this, is if there is more to it than what we are currently seeing. Especially considered, the inner Sanctorium and how it is completely covered inside with snow from the trailer. Also note for the sake of consistency, the image one protestor uses, of Peter Parker with devil horns.

Either Marvel Studios and Sony are collectively trolling Mephisto fans (Which I will laugh of), or there is something going on in the narrative.

Yeah the OMD premise was immediate, I'm thinking we won't get Mephisto and it's just Strange's doing but I'm still cool with that in terms of the franchise's narrative. I'm excited, I hope we hear some Elfman here.

Yeah the OMD premise was immediate, I'm thinking we won't get Mephisto and it's just Strange's doing but I'm still cool with that in terms of the franchise's narrative. I'm excited, I hope we hear some Elfman here.

It does seem like Strange isn't being the mentor like character I know a lot of people were wondering; so I'm happy for the change of pace on this one.

But honestly--I'm kind of giddy to see what Giacchino can do if he tries to mix both Elfman, Horner, and Zimmer all at once.

... or maybe it's just lazy writing and Peter really just screwed up the spell by talking during it. This is the same trilogy that made him give away the greatest technological gift Tony Stark could have given to someone. Mephisto doesn't have the ability to control minds.

... or maybe it's just lazy writing and Peter really just screwed up the spell by talking during it. This is the same trilogy that made him give away the greatest technological gift Tony Stark could have given to someone. Mephisto doesn't have the ability to control minds.
I'm not expecting Mephisto at all (hell, I gave up on expecting him halfway through WV), but it would make sense if Mephisto had a little help in controlling the mind and we know that Wanda is very determined right now to get her kids back and i'm assuming she'd have pretty much memorized the Darkhold and honed her craft.

Again, this is not what i'm expecting, just a possibility if they actually were to use Mephisto.

Two thoughts.

One - This is, exactly, the premise behind Rick and Morty season 2, episode 1, where, because Rick, Morty & Summer can’t focus on making specific decisions, the timeline breaks.

271646.gif

Two - Which comes first here?

Does the spell “fail” because there are multiple timelines as a result of Loki? Is the failed spell the “Threshold?” Is Marvel really going to run with multiple timelines and multiple universes as two different, simultaneous, concepts?

Does the spell “fail” because there are multiple timelines as a result of Loki? Is the failed spell the “Threshold?” Is Marvel really going to run with multiple timelines and multiple universes as two different, simultaneous, concepts?

On the latter...

Funny you mention this as I was thinking something similar - what if the spell actually stays the way it is and that's how the MCU retcons the current characters in the MCU while have Holland's Spider-Man be more "spider" centric, allowing for Venom crossovers, a proper MJ, a more mature Peter, etc.

So Doc Ock was totally talking to Tobey's Peter at the end of the trailer, right? Also, the lawyer seemed to be Matt Murdock.
This was my thoughts also! I’m like.... but which Peter!!!!!!

I think the last act of this film will be complete comic book bliss, god I cannot wait.

I'm so confused by the chronological timeline....
Loki Before the Blip
Wandavision: 1 week after blip
Falcon and the winter soldier
Spiderman Far From Home
Spiderman No Way Home
(eternals and shang-chi fits where?)

Also Strange personality is different then his personality in the past films...its really confusing.

You guys need a login to the Crterion channal. Disney is melting your brain with this stale MCU CGI fest. Looks bad.
This is a great satire.

edit double post

So Doc Ock was totally talking to Tobey's Peter at the end of the trailer, right? Also, the lawyer seemed to be Matt Murdock.
So do we think this dock ock was pulled from a specific time in his universe, because he did die in SM2 after sort of making up with peter or admitting he was wrong or something (havent seen it in a while)

or could something else be up?

That is interesting. Wonder how they will explain him being "evil" again unless its just as simple as "robot arms control his brain again"
If you were about to die, and were pulled into an alternate universe where you could live again, and some nerd in spandex was trying to send you back to your own universe at the point of your death, you might be a bit 'evil' towards said nerd.

If you were about to die, and were pulled into an alternate universe where you could live again, and some nerd in spandex was trying to send you back to your own universe at the point of your death, you might be a bit 'evil' towards said nerd.

I do hope there is a potential rebound somewhere for Molina's Otto, as it would be fun to see the character progression continue from where we left off of him in Spider-Man 2. Maybe have him turn against the Six at a pivotal point.