Springfield Expansion | Page 142 | Inside Universal Forums

Springfield Expansion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I'm no theme park expert, as some of you clearly are, but how this is a "side dish" to Transformers is beyond me. With the amount of detail and props and food/drinks going into this land, to totally capture the longest running sitcom in TV history, that still does well in the ratings and has shown no signs of slowing down, compared to a single ride in a soundstage of a movie series that likely wont stand the test of time (as technology gets better and effects make these movies outdated)...I really must be missing something here...in the end, it's a single ride, that stays in place?, and has a 3d show in front of u, while on the other end, you have a land with evergreen terrace, moes, Krusty burger, spinner, Simpsons ride, duff gardens, chief wiggim, etc

Because the only ride will be a spinner, so it will basically be food and shopping additions vs. an e-ticket ride. Yes, it will be cool, but it will be a bunch of places to eat and walk around in, where transformers will be a major attraction. Simpsons is a money making opportunity within the park, transformers is a way to get more people in the park.

Because the only ride will be a spinner, so it will basically be food and shopping additions vs. an e-ticket ride. Yes, it will be cool, but it will be a bunch of places to eat and walk around in, where transformers will be a major attraction. Simpsons is a money making opportunity within the park, transformers is a way to get more people in the park.
While I understand and agree to a certain extent, I would bet that Springfield will be more of a reason people come back, than Transformers. In the end, Transformers is a ride that last a few minutes, while Springfield is a land where you can spend a couple hours.

While I understand and agree to a certain extent, I would bet that Springfield will be more of a reason people come back, than Transformers. In the end, Transformers is a ride that last a few minutes, while Springfield is a land where you can spend a couple hours.

But many people won't. People will eat at places and shop yes, but they don't come back to eat and shop. They come back for rides. Locals will have a new hangout for sure, but most of those locals already go a lot. Uni will just get them to spend more money while at the parks.

But many people won't. People will eat at places and shop yes, but they don't come back to eat and shop. They come back for rides. Locals will have a new hangout for sure, but most of those locals already go a lot. Uni will just get them to spend more money while at the parks.
Good points

I'm no theme park expert, as some of you clearly are, but how this is a "side dish" to Transformers is beyond me. With the amount of detail and props and food/drinks going into this land, to totally capture the longest running sitcom in TV history, that still does well in the ratings and has shown no signs of slowing down, compared to a single ride in a soundstage of a movie series that likely wont stand the test of time (as technology gets better and effects make these movies outdated)...I really must be missing something here...in the end, it's a single ride, that stays in place?, and has a 3d show in front of u, while on the other end, you have a land with evergreen terrace, moes, Krusty burger, spinner, Simpsons ride, duff gardens, chief wiggim, etc

I see your points, and they are all valid. This will be a great addition, there's no denying. What I meant is that this will probably take a back seat to Transformers. I think they will make a bigger fuss about Transformers because it's a new E-ticket ride, while this is a face-lift and a new small ride. But that's just my assumption; no expertise or inside knowledge claimed, just my current thoughts :thumbs:

I understand your point, but it doesn't hold up against potter phase 1. It had 1 new ride (as those that complain about everything often point out). Now I'm not saying this will have the pull of potter, but people do come back for more then just "I want to ride that, and that and that"

Personally, I will come back for TFs over Simpsons, I will enjoy the scenery and photo ops but that's about it.

I understand your point, but it doesn't hold up against potter phase 1. It had 1 new ride (as those that complain about everything often point out). Now I'm not saying this will have the pull of potter, but people do come back for more then just "I want to ride that, and that and that"

But that new ride was TF like, it was a major e-ticket ride. Simpson is not getting anything like that.

Also, Simpsons while popular, does not have the fan base that HP does. It as gender neutral as what HP is, meaning appealing to as many young boys as it does young girls. And many parents would censor their kids from watching Simpsons vs HP. It really is targeted to a completely different fan base all together.

The popularity of Springfield with guests and the influence it has on them to spend money is the million dollar question right now with Comcast, Creative, and Upper Management. This Simpsons land has been on the table before with previous owners but they took the cheap route. When Comcast took over and walked the park someone piped up about the EXTREMELY dull and run down IFFF area of the park. "Oh we had a Springfield concept for here." After reviewing merchandise sales, contracts with Groening and Fox, and budgets the cost and risk of the land fell to the wayside of the possibility of making LOADS of money in this new land.

And as with anything Potter has an influence on how Universal handles projects going forward. Unique merchandise, beverages, and food is something we will see accompany every new attraction going forward. Potter showed Universal how critical it is to not only get people to spend money at the gate but more importantly how to get them to spend even more once inside those gates. Now with that winning formula in place for future attractions they look to see how many more days they can steal from Disney...

Well at least thats how I think it happened :look:

The popularity of Springfield with guests and the influence it has on them to spend money is the million dollar question right now with Comcast, Creative, and Upper Management. This Simpsons land has been on the table before with previous owners but they took the cheap route. When Comcast took over and walked the park someone piped up about the EXTREMELY dull and run down IFFF area of the park. "Oh we had a Springfield concept for here." After reviewing merchandise sales, contracts with Groening and Fox, and budgets the cost and risk of the land fell to the wayside of the possibility of making LOADS of money in this new land.

And as with anything Potter has an influence on how Universal handles projects going forward. Unique merchandise, beverages, and food is something we will see accompany every new attraction going forward. Potter showed Universal how critical it is to not only get people to spend money at the gate but more importantly how to get them to spend even more once inside those gates. Now with that winning formula in place for future attractions they look to see how many more days they can steal from Disney...

I couldn't agree more. I was just saying TF will bring in the people, but Simpson's will get them to spend more money once in the park. It is the correct formula. People see the unique offerings and they just "have" to try this, because it is something they can't get elsewhere. It is a great business plan by Universal.

Indeed, the original plan even had it going around the corner and taking over Animal Actors. Then that part got shelved as a phase two, along with IFFF and the expanded games, and the waterfront.

Indeed, the original plan even had it going around the corner and taking over Animal Actors. Then that part got shelved as a phase two, along with IFFF and the expanded games, and the waterfront.

That is what I thought, and I was very surprised that IFFF was still there. Everyone spend all of your money there and pray they decide to make a Phase III! :happy:

I love the Simpsons, and this looks top notch, but I think it's fine if they stop at Phase II (or stay within this area). I think Animal Actors should remain a part of Kidzone. Maybe they can revamp the show, but I think it would be in Uni's best interest to keep that as a working theater.

I love the Simpsons, and this looks top notch, but I think it's fine if they stop at Phase II (or stay within this area). I think Animal Actors should remain a part of Kidzone. Maybe they can revamp the show, but I think it would be in Uni's best interest to keep that as a working theater.

Agreed, theaters are in every park for a reason, they eat people for a set amount of time. It is why FF is seasonal. Only really needed when it is really crowded in the parks and they need to eat large amounts of people to help with ride wait times.

Yeah, that show packs up almost all the time. There would have to be another high capacity attraction going in to justify taking out animal actors. Plus, it's a cute little show. Doesn't really need to be touched.

When they were building IOA I thought Simpsons should have had their own island. I was excited to hear they were actually getting into USF, but it was kind of a let down for one ride and a tiny shop.

IDK the numbers for the animal show, but you can never have too much Simpsons! The new expansion is nice but there is so much more they can do with that IP.