Springfield Expansion | Page 143 | Inside Universal Forums

Springfield Expansion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
What more would you add that could actually work in a theme park environment?

I think what they have here is really a good amount. Toon Lagoon was originally going to be based on The Simpsons, but with that falling through I think this is just right.

Merchandise sales are important. Give people something popular and "unique". They'll buy it. Disney, with their mass merchandising of all of the same stuff at all locations, has gotten away from unique merc. This is an area Orlando Universal could excel if they do it right. As another poster pointed out, Sponge Bob has done tremendous business since Uni expanded the offerings. With Harry Potter, Simpsons, Transformers, Jurassic Park, Marvel, Dr. Seuss etc., Universal has some real winners if done properly.

I think what they have here is really a good amount. Toon Lagoon was originally going to be based on The Simpsons, but with that falling through I think this is just right.

That is what I wanted. Most of Toon Lagoon looks like it was just phoned in, like it is a placeholder to fill out the park for opening day.

There they could have had most of the iconic buildings from the show, and the spur could have been a much larger Krustyland.

What would I add from the Simpsons??? Wow!! Springfield elementary, Simpsons house, Flanders house, nuclear power plant (many possibilities with that)...plus many more little details...like I said, this may end up being enough for everyone, but for a show that has been on 25 years, there are many many possibilities

What would I add from the Simpsons??? Wow!! Springfield elementary, Simpsons house, Flanders house, nuclear power plant (many possibilities with that)...plus many more little details...like I said, this may end up being enough for everyone, but for a show that has been on 25 years, there are many many possibilities

:krusty: :thumbs: :happy: :cheers: :peace: :homer:

So glad I am not the only one.

I'm really hoping for some forced perspective cooling towers, but I don't think it'll happen.

But COME ON that would be awesome.

You're right though, there's a lot more to add, but I think this covers the universe pretty well.

I took a couple pictures today:

2jeelxx.jpg

2zejfnr.jpg

20sf7lw.jpg

1rovmd.jpg

Reactions: Andy and Felipe
Awesome, inferi88! Thanks for the pics! :thumbs:

Are they painting on the roof color? :inquisitive: It looks a bit brighter than the trim on the windows and door. Hopefully it's still fresh and it'll dry a bit darker.

I don't mind the temporary pictures in the windows. Better than nothing :shrug:

Are they painting on the roof color? :inquisitive: It looks a bit brighter than the trim on the windows and door. Hopefully it's still fresh and it'll dry a bit darker.

I believe that is a metal roof, and they are putting on the different panels. The color difference could just be different light conditions.

Awesome, inferi88! Thanks for the pics! :thumbs:

I believe that is a metal roof, and they are putting on the different panels. The color difference could just be different light conditions.

Metal roofing for sure. :thumbs: