Springfield Expansion | Page 171 | Inside Universal Forums

Springfield Expansion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
The Moe's sign looks a little off to me. I can't put my finger on why but it just doesn't quite look right... The rest looks excellent though - Krusty Burger is brilliant.

The Moe's sign looks a little off to me. I can't put my finger on why but it just doesn't quite look right... The rest looks excellent though - Krusty Burger is brilliant.

I was thinking the same thing. It's because they used the nighttime Moe's sign, when the building is usually purple. The daytime sign usually has black lettering.

Those pics are why I come to this forum! Great job man! I cant wait to see the Today show video.

this looks really great ...sitting by my tv waiting for the today show...looking forward to that bathroom...always hated when nature called and Im over there that bathroom was gross. They really used that area to the fullest IMO from a nothing walk by section to AWESOME. love it!

Best...bathroom...remodel..ever :lol: Do you know what the structure on the waterfront that's closest to the Delorean is going to be?
I believe the permanent structure closest to the Delorean is going to be Lard Lad Donuts. But there should be a Food Truck between Lard Lad and the Delorean.

I was thinking the same thing. It's because they used the nighttime Moe's sign, when the building is usually purple. The daytime sign usually has black lettering.

5.gif
BK8qhLvCYAASefYjpglarge_zps5ceecb5a.jpg

Last edited:
None of the pics are showing on school wifi .5 more hours until I can, will the today show YouTube or website have the video of the announcement later today I forgot to tape it.

Via Orlando Informer

Looks like 'Cletus' Chicken Shack'!

Thanks for posting the pics! :thumbs: And thanks Dan, Orlando Informer, for getting the pics! :thumbs: Looks great!!

I know what you mean. It definitely seems that way because Moe's sign looks like it has black lettering in the show, but it's only that way to represent being turned off during the daytime. At night, the sign is red when it's turned on. But yeah, that causes it to look a bit unusual, since we expect to see the black letters during the daytime.

jZvieCSUyebY3.jpg

jbaQuJuDYVzIRH.png

None of the pics are showing on school wifi .5 more hours until I can, will the today show YouTube or website have the video of the announcement later today I forgot to tape it.

Yeah, I have to wait until after 5pm to get home and watch what I DVR'd... Unless someone posts it online! BTW, did they announce or even show this during the Today Show?

Yeah, I have to wait until after 5pm to get home and watch what I DVR'd... Unless someone posts it online! BTW, did they announce or even show this during the Today Show?

They didn't even mention the Simpsons expansion, or Potter Phase 2 (with the exception of quickly panning over the Diagon Alley concept art without explaining what it was).

^^ That'll be it Felipe. It's the way the colours don't go because the walls seem purple at night so there's contrast, but this way they just clash. There's also something about the general proportions (and perhaps lettering?) of the sign which doesn't really work for me either; I think the board is too flat and the letters are too 3D. Not wishing to complain or seem pedantic, this is just how it looks to me. The building itself, along with the others in the expansion, looks really nicely done.

They didn't even mention the Simpsons expansion, or Potter Phase 2 (with the exception of quickly panning over the Diagon Alley concept art without explaining what it was).

That's stoopid...

^^ That'll be it Felipe. It's the way the colours don't go because the walls seem purple at night so there's contrast, but this way they just clash. There's also something about the general proportions (and perhaps lettering?) of the sign which doesn't really work for me either; I think the board is too flat and the letters are too 3D. Not wishing to complain or seem pedantic, this is just how it looks to me. The building itself, along with the others in the expansion, looks really nicely done.

I completely agree on the contrast point.