Springfield Expansion | Page 172 | Inside Universal Forums

Springfield Expansion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Wait so is that the finished product to Cletus'?

images

I think what's throwing me off about the Moe's sign is less the color and more that, in the TV show it's actually a flat sign. It's just standing out to me a lot for some reason. Kind of nitpick-y, I know, but still.

idk why every time universal builds something,theming wise, they are always off. Its happened with the hogwarts exposed showbuilding, transformers building, and now this. They are not huge issues but that can never seem to get it perfect.

I agree that the Moe's sign seems off in terms of colour contrast. But I think if they incorporate that red in the stained glass, the overall look will be improved greatly.

All the other facades look great! And I'm glad they didn't exactly replicate the dull font of the Android's sign used in the show. They made it a tad more cartoony and playful, and it looks much better in three dimensions.

Now that I look at it, If they wouldve raised the Moes sign a little higher, it would have looked better. I know in the show its nearly up against the door but thats the show.

idk why every time universal builds something,theming wise, they are always off. Its happened with the hogwarts exposed showbuilding, transformers building, and now this. They are not huge issues but that can never seem to get it perfect.

In this case, I think it's simply a matter of how how challenging it is translating buildings from a highly stylized cartoon show into three dimensions.
The exposed FJ show building was more a money issue, wasn't it?

In this case, I think it's simply a matter of how how challenging it is translating buildings from a highly stylized cartoon show into three dimensions.
The exposed FJ show building was more a money issue, wasn't it?

I read that the money was an issue but so was the space. But now they have tons so there is no excuse!!! lol

I have to give them some credit because they did fix the show building a little by adding bricks but it wasn't enough. Hopefully, that doesn't happen in Phase II.

Last edited:
As a die hard fan of the simpsons for the past 24ish years, I'm just glad this is even happening. Too happy to nitpick!

I read that the money was an issue but so was the space. But now they have tons so there is no excuse!!! lol

I have to give them some credit because they did fix the show building a little by adding bricks but it wasn't enough. Hopefully, that doesn't happen in Phase II.

I hope the same for Phase II also! Didn't someone in the know (HTF?) on this board say that the Gringotts show building would not be visible at all from Diagon Alley? Certainly makes sense, as all signs point to Universal throwing everything they have into that expansion.

I agree that Moe's doesn't look great - at least not so far. But maybe when the stained glass windows go in and if they add that beer bottle pyramid thingy out front, it might start to come together.

Whatever, it will be cool to drink a few Duffs in there someday.

I don't have an issue with the dimensions, but yeah, I think it would've looked better if the square of the sign had depth and the letters were carved in and painted black, then they could put red neon lights in the letters, and a clear plexiglass covering everything so the neon light tubing isn't exposed. Then again, maybe that could've looked too busy/cluttered for the sign :shrug:

I also think the stained glass windows will help pull it all together :thumbs:

I can't wait to see Moe's at night with the lights on and the stained glass. I think it'll really look good then.

Literally just announced.

- - - Updated - - -

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10151462094232852&set=a.208747882851.130990.90867402851&type=1