Springfield Expansion | Page 18 | Inside Universal Forums

Springfield Expansion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Uhhhh why is everyone up in arms? Hello, Ferris wheel height plus our cameras equal non stop Potter construction updates :lol:

According to the following map of the show's Krustyland, there is a ferris wheel depicted and the guide describes it as....

Krusty's Giant Wheel
"Not affiliated with "Ferris Wheel" brand amusement wheels"

itmCJrJ2i0zwn.jpg

For a closer look at the ferris wheel itself, here is a still from the show:

iXfOyszlGKM20.PNG

Not to be that guy, but aren't we not technically in Krustyland until we pass through Krusty's mouth? If the entire area is themed to Springfield a Ferris Wheel would not be appropriate...Now a Simpsons themed wild mouse coaster themed to a power plant would be nifty

Not to be that guy, but aren't we not technically in Krustyland until we pass through Krusty's mouth? If the entire area is themed to Springfield a Ferris Wheel would not be appropriate...Now a Simpsons themed wild mouse coaster themed to a power plant would be nifty

Its is never clarified thanks to poor show writing with the attraction conflicitng with the actual theming. You can see multiple Krusty mouth entrance heads everywhere. Especially messed up in Hollywood as the attraction you just walked into is on the map marked as the new attraction you are in line for in Krustyland. Meta of confusion.

I never noticed in that picture the studios are all the way in the top right and Springfield is all the way in the top left..and the first thing I notice is the power plant.

According to the following map of the show's Krustyland, there is a ferris wheel depicted and the guide describes it as....

itmCJrJ2i0zwn.jpg

For a closer look at the ferris wheel itself, here is a still from the show:

iXfOyszlGKM20.PNG

If you look closely, I think Krustyland is a pretty nicely laid-out park...hotel resort, hub & spoke layout, the works ::lol::

New notice of commencements today lead me to believe we're about to get underway. Uni filed for demolition and construction fencing, as well as construction services with HWDavis Construction. The Construction Services NoC is for Building 72, and considering the same contractor is named in both, I have to assume the fencing is for it as well.

For those that aren't familiar with HWDavis, they built the exterior of the Simpsons Ride, MIB, and the CityWalk Hard Rock.

http://www.hwdavis.com/experience/

New notice of commencements today lead me to believe we're about to get underway. Uni filed for demolition and construction fencing, as well as construction services with HWDavis Construction. The Construction Services NoC is for Building 72, and considering the same contractor is named in both, I have to assume the fencing is for it as well.

For those that aren't familiar with HWDavis, they built the exterior of the Simpsons Ride, MIB, and the CityWalk Hard Rock.

http://www.hwdavis.com/experience/

Wow they've been responsible for some very nice looking stuff at the studios...Good to hear this project is a go..I speculate we'll see construction start after Christmas?