Springfield Expansion | Page 20 | Inside Universal Forums

Springfield Expansion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I don't really think One Fish, Two Fish is that good of a flat ride. It's a beautiful spinner themed to fish...that's it.

Beautiful spinner is enough.:lol: Add on top of that a custom song and interactive elements, and you've got a pretty dang good ride.

How about a Kang and Kodos themed Gravitron ride housed inside their giant UFO? This UFO could be built to look like it crashed into the area between MIB and the Simpsons effectively tying both themes together. They are in the Simpsons Ride and if the area outside the ride represents the world outside of Krustyland... Universal could come up with a unique story that explains how they crashed after getting into an argument over what's the real rip off in a theme park. They then invite humans (us) into their "gravometric chamber of fun" so we can unknowingly help them harness the power that they need to leave the planet. Universal would have to demo the weird Coke alien stand by MIB to fit this in but I think they could do it...although I doubt it would ever happen. :thumbs:

Gravitron is probably too restrictive.

And the Transformers shop as well. Where is that going to go? :shrug:

Inside the building.

I didn't think of the shop being in the building :doh: lol I thought maybe they would use the.old American Express lounge behind Monsters Cafe unless that's too small. Then if not a Gravitron then put my vote in for a Himalaya style ride :happy:

I didn't think of the shop being in the building :doh: lol I thought maybe they would use the.old American Express lounge behind Monsters Cafe unless that's too small. Then if not a Gravitron then put my vote in for a Himalaya style ride :happy:

The transformers permit mentions a shop (cash register area)

How about dueling Himalaya rides with a connecting interactive line inside a Sideshow Bob Circus tent :lol:

Seriously though, all this talk of spin and spew carnival rides give me a bad "Six Flags" park vibe.

I don't mind a well-themed flat ride to complement the land and it's signature attraction that kids can enjoy as well. Disney is the king of this.

Now if I REALLY had my way, I'd build a Treehouse of Horror ride that's themed to a cheap carnie haunted funhouse.

i don't mind a well-themed flat ride to complement the land and it's signature attraction that kids can enjoy as well. Disney is the king of this.

Now if i really had my way, i'd build a treehouse of horror ride that's themed to a cheap carnie haunted funhouse.

this!

If they build a Himalaya, gravitron or anything about a very mild thrill level, it totally defeats the purpose IMO. It needs to be something younger audiences can enjoy.

I don't mind a well-themed flat ride to complement the land and it's signature attraction that kids can enjoy as well. Disney is the king of this.

Now if I REALLY had my way, I'd build a Treehouse of Horror ride that's themed to a cheap carnie haunted funhouse.

Why not build the Screamatorium?

[video=youtube;RHTSGSkl3Zk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RHTSGSkl3Zk[/video]

Agreed, I think it's okay (thank goodness). Should also mean it'll be open far more often.

With the entrance of TF being on the lagoon side, Monsters definitely became more stable. And I'm cool with that. The menu is pretty diverse, and I was impressed with the meal I had there during HHN this year.

With the entrance of TF being on the lagoon side, Monsters definitely became more stable. And I'm cool with that. The menu is pretty diverse, and I was impressed with the meal I had there during HHN this year.

It's also probably the most visually interesting/detailed/lavish of any of the counter service restaurants at the Studios (until Potter and possibly Moe's, I suppose.) Plus, it never hurts to have another place to honor the Universal Classic Monsters. In a way, this is the only spot of the park that's truly theirs (they're parodied by Beetlejuice in the Graveyard Revue and they only get a slice of the spotlight at the Horror Makeup Show). I'm very happy it appears to be staying.

Also, the food is pretty good. :p

Walls up around Simpsons ride, check twitter for a pic in a min. Your welcome :lol: