Springfield Expansion | Page 192 | Inside Universal Forums

Springfield Expansion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Update from me late tonight, just now leaving Universal.

Can confirm that the plan is for the restaurants to open on 6/1. Pretty much the Food Court area only for now. There will be a manager-level preview on Friday. Cards/tickets have been handed out for free items, which include:

- Calamari
- Fish dishes
- "Sideshow Bob" - No one is quite sure what that is yet from the people I've talked to. Thought is that it is probably a burger.

This is great news as I plan to be in the parks on Sunday

Can confirm that the plan is for the restaurants to open on 6/1. Pretty much the Food Court area only for now. There will be a manager-level preview on Friday. Cards/tickets have been handed out for free items, which include:

- Calamari
- Fish dishes
- "Sideshow Bob" - No one is quite sure what that is yet from the people I've talked to. Thought is that it is probably a burger.

Maybe "Sideshow kaBob"?

From this evening and please note THESE WERE ALL TAKEN FROM GUEST MIDWAYS!!

Reactions: Felipe
Awesome! So much has changed since saturday! Its crazy!

Now, for this brick wall. I noticed that they probably aren't extending the waterfront edge correct? So are they adjusting the elevation to the entire waterfront to give it that
"two story" look that we see in the concept art?

I'm just trying to visualize how the waterfront is going to work....and I just can't see it. Like where the pillars are and the lower area in the concept art

- - - Updated - - -

^USO92 beat me to the punch

Everything about this area is looking great... except Moes. Don't like the sign and the windows look like painted cardboard.

Other than that though, everything is looking great. :thumbs:

I thought we already knew those weren't going to be the permanent windows before? But yeah those windows look great. Also didn't they just start building Duff Gardens? Look at it already! Universal is so fast when they are building.

HatetoFly could you tell us how Moe's Windows appear in person. Are the windows cardboard or is that a temporary place holder? The texture is difficult to tell in pictures