Springfield Expansion | Page 211 | Inside Universal Forums

Springfield Expansion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
when they open the taco truck do you guys think the Mexican food they were testing a couple months ago is the same food they will be serving on the truck

when they open the taco truck do you guys think the Mexican food they were testing a couple months ago is the same food they will be serving on the truck

Original concept was Italian Mexican food and very very different than anything I've seen or tasted. I thinks there's a reason General Changs was axed in favor of Bumblebee man or whatever his name is.

The inside of FFB is FANTASTIC. They did such a good job in here and all the employees were welcoming, kind, and heck at one point all of them were dancing to the music. I had a chicken and waffle sandwich and I went to heaven! I tried the buzz cola and even though I dont do soda too much but this was really good! Definitely similar to cherry coke but a lot more fizzy! And no I have no gas :thumbs: Pics coming!

You can't keep the Duff bottles because they're glass. InsideTheMagic says they'll be available in aluminum bottles soon.

Wait, why? Isn't the Flaming Moe glass? You're allowed to keep that, right? I'm not sure why it being glass means you can't keep it. You can buy lots of glasses at Universal. Hell, if I pay that much for a Duff beer, I would want to keep the glass bottle. It looks nice.

I'm afraid to ask, but are the waffles of the Chicken & Waffle Sandwich previously frozen? Because based on the photo Attractions posted, it looks suspiciously like an Eggo "Thick and Fluffy" waffle......

iMe0VCC1omkAj.jpg

ibiXavtNEbbftU.jpg

I mean, come on, they're the same flippin' thing. :look:

They look and taste nothing like an Eggo. Not sure if they come frozen, but they are nothing like those frozen waffles.

I'm afraid to ask, but are the waffles of the Chicken & Waffle Sandwich previously frozen? Because based on the photo Attractions posted, it looks suspiciously like an Eggo "Thick and Fluffy" waffle......

iMe0VCC1omkAj.jpg

ibiXavtNEbbftU.jpg

I mean, come on, they're the same flippin' thing. :look:

Wow, not what I was expecting, at all. They might not be Eggo brand, but those are definitely pre-made frozen waffles. You just don't get that level of consistency in color, shape and general appearance in a fresh-made waffle.

Frankly, I'm shocked Steve Jayson ok'd this; his standards for quick service are generally higher than that. I'm almost wondering if this is a temporary solution until they get in their waffle irons.

Wait, why? Isn't the Flaming Moe glass? You're allowed to keep that, right? I'm not sure why it being glass means you can't keep it. You can buy lots of glasses at Universal. Hell, if I pay that much for a Duff beer, I would want to keep the glass bottle. It looks nice.

I believe I read on Twitter that the Flaming Moe glass is plastic. I agree with you, seems dumb that you can go into a gift shop and buy a drinking glass, but not a glass beer bottle.