Springfield Expansion | Page 212 | Inside Universal Forums

Springfield Expansion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I believe I read on Twitter that the Flaming Moe glass is plastic. I agree with you, seems dumb that you can go into a gift shop and buy a drinking glass, but not a glass beer bottle.
The only reason I can come up with that makes any sort of sense is they don't want to risk people getting drunk out of their skull and causing a injury or fight even by throwing the glass bottle while intoxicated.

The only reason I can come up with that makes any sort of sense is they don't want to risk people getting drunk out of their skull and causing a injury or fight even by throwing the glass bottle while intoxicated.

Possibly, seems like they would cut someone off before that happens except for HHN. The alumni bottle sounds like a good alternative though. I hope they get them soon.

I'm going to universal tomorrow so I didn't want to look at the posts in this thread the last couple days to spoil everything so sorry if this has been mentioned. Is this area back on the meal deal ticket or is that a dumb question. I'm guessing not because they want the most money out this themed area now. Sry this post is scattery I'm on the way to the airport.

Ummm.....looks just like the one on the box to me. :look:

Could it be that they used the same supplier as Eggo for their waffle irons. I would think they would want to make these on a larger scale and perhaps they have a giant waffle iron that makes many in one batch. Also I would think it would be more expensive to use frozen waffle than to just make them.

I'll stick with the chicken and waffles at Sleepy Hallow, thanks. :sneaky:

Anyone get a picture of an empty Flaming Moe glass? It appears to use dry ice, and if the glass is special for the drink, I feel they insert dry ice into a bottom compartment with a screen/holes to allow the carbon dioxide to come out in bubbles but so customers can't 'access' the dry ice. This is what I'm guessing. It's interesting to see them use dry ice after the DLR events this week and that dry ice can BURN YOU.

I'll stick with the chicken and waffles at Sleepy Hallow, thanks. :sneaky:

Anyone get a picture of an empty Flaming Moe glass? It appears to use dry ice, and if the glass is special for the drink, I feel they insert dry ice into a bottom compartment with a screen/holes to allow the carbon dioxide to come out in bubbles but so customers can't 'access' the dry ice. This is what I'm guessing. It's interesting to see them use dry ice after the DLR events this week and that dry ice can BURN YOU.

Here ya go...

https://www.box.com/s/c0gwbv5zpcf0o6g9dxxg

https://www.box.com/s/i3l3obf1bv2z4h4gx071

https://www.box.com/s/kojdoq333w2qlj9c32bk

Last edited:
Possibly, seems like they would cut someone off before that happens except for HHN. The alumni bottle sounds like a good alternative though. I hope they get them soon.

I saw a pretty drunk guy at Moe's toward the end of the night when we were in there. So not sure what their criteria is for cutting someone off.

Ummm.....looks just like the one on the box to me. :look:

My husband had the sandwich and I tasted a little of the waffle. So while in the pics it looks that way, it is not. It tastes like a Belgium waffle only more skinny and smaller. My husband recently had a waffle at our local KeKe's (really good breakfast/lunch place) and he said it actually tasted better than that one. He did say the overriding taste in the sandwich is the chicken and the syrup mayo more than the waffle though.

You are correct. That is how it works. There is a good amount of dry ice in the cup, enough that we sat down for awhile to eat and at the end through another drink in the cup and it smoked too. You could see the dry ice sitting on the bottom.

Awesome, thanks for the pictures. I think the use of dry ice is partly why the price is so high.

Agreed. The other drinks that are at Flaming Moe's cost 3.99. Pretty reasonable for a specialty drink. The Flaming Moe's was my husband's favorite of the three we tried in terms of taste. So it has a good taste. I liked the Apple one the best myself. We did not try one of them (the middle one). So I think you are paying $4 for the dry ice and special glass.

Judging by the amount of Duff beer you guys drank yesterday, it seems Moe's was packed wall to wall with Barneys. Now we can officially do a Universal Orlando Bar Crawl! How many of you Barneys are with me? Raise an empty Duff glass!!

Wasn't this mug clear yesterday?

BLxHKefCYAAkYd6.jpg

Pic from Adam Roth

Way to go BJC fuel those trolls :lol:

Thanks a lot BjCool, your eggo comparison was noted by our old pal themeparks4life, and he is using it to bash FFB on Magic...:p

I just saw that a little bit ago on Twitter also. Had no clue it started here :lol: Him and @Imagineer2017 are going to town on FFB on Twitter and its just ridiculous

- - - Updated - - -

Wasn't this mug clear yesterday?

BLxHKefCYAAkYd6.jpg

Pic from Adam Roth

It sure looked like it, clear and looked like you could see beer in it I believe