Springfield Expansion | Page 243 | Inside Universal Forums

Springfield Expansion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
While I am super thrilled about the entire Springfield expansion, I can't help but wonder why they didn't build 742 Evergreen Terrace. They could've made it a walk-thru (ala Mickey's house in Toontown Fair) and it would've been an easy way for them to add another "attraction" and all Simpsons fans would've gone crazy over it. The living room with the couch gag, the upstairs bedrooms, the dining table all set up, maybe even Bart's treehouse out in the front yard and Homer's pink Plymouth in the driveway. Just a thought...

While I am super thrilled about the entire Springfield expansion, I can't help but wonder why they didn't build 742 Evergreen Terrace. They could've made it a walk-thru (ala Mickey's house in Toontown Fair) and it would've been an easy way for them to add another "attraction" and all Simpsons fans would've gone crazy over it. The living room with the couch gag, the upstairs bedrooms, the dining table all set up, maybe even Bart's treehouse out in the front yard and Homer's pink Plymouth in the driveway. Just a thought...

The reasons have been gone over multiple times in this thread, so I'll give you the Cliff notes version:

–It was more of a renovation of existing space than expansion
–While cool, none of those things you listed will give the return on investment this plan will in guest spending
–Kidzone and the MIB plot are meant for bigger and better things

The reasons have been gone over multiple times in this thread, so I'll give you the Cliff notes version:

–It was more of a renovation of existing space than expansion
–While cool, none of those things you listed will give the return on investment this plan will in guest spending
–Kidzone and the MIB plot are meant for bigger and better things

IMHO you find room. Especially when it involves the most recognizable home in television history. (There could've been revenue opportunities at the end like all attractions have). Just seems weird that the centerpiece of the entire show is nowhere to be found.

Just curious, what is planned for the kid zone and MIB areas? And how much longer will the animal show be there? Does anyone ever go into that anymore?

Awesome interview of Chef Steve Jayson from Behind the Thrills. Guy seems so passionate which is awesome.

[video=youtube;-JnLLkZR1sk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-JnLLkZR1sk&feature=player_detailpage[/video]

What's this guys bonus checks looking like first butterbeer and now this?

Opening week of The Three Broomsticks, he was in with the kids serving the platters. I looked up and saw him (I met him once before through a friend) and said "Hi Chef!" and he broke into a huge smile. He was having a great time, just brining food out.

I agree, love his excited unassuming attitude. When one sees a Disney video such as this, their 'people' always state that it's the greatest achievement ever thought up in the history of theme parks. Universal employees have a more humble "isn't this neat!?!" perspective. I live for the latter. (see my comments about a certain director in another thread)

Reactions: natespf
Steve Jayson seems like a really good person and a class act. And what a track record. He comes across as a regular guy, but with a real passion for his career. He'd probably be a great guy to have as a boss. Universal lucked out when they hired him.

Maybe I'm just missing something here but he does indeed say something about them opening the Simpsons attraction "about a year and half ago"?!? I get that he's a chef and doesn't deal with the attractions that much, but I still feel like he should know better than that.

Maybe I'm just missing something here but he does indeed say something about them opening the Simpsons attraction "about a year and half ago"?!? I get that he's a chef and doesn't deal with the attractions that much, but I still feel like he should know better than that.

I caught that and giggled. Time flies for everyone though and he is not a PR speaker.

I think it would be like asking Mark Woodbury when Cafe Labamba opened back up.

Albert Einstein

"Put your hand on a hot stove for a minute, and it seems like an hour. Sit with a pretty girl for an hour, and it seems like a minute. That's relativity."

Reactions: Felipe
I was in Moe's and the new food court checking things out on Transformers opening day, and ordered a Flaming Moe. I didn't get one at first, but half way back towards Transformers, curiosity set in, so I came back to try it out. I was pretty happy that it actually bubbles, though not purple rather yellow in color as opposed to the cartoon. Also, I was there when two members of the development team walked in, and towards the end of the bar is the red phone. They were testing the phone while we were there, I think that may have been the day the red phone "came alive." Haha! At any rate, not a bad addition to the park, sure to be a hit for HHN this year I'll bet!