Springfield | Page 18 | Inside Universal Forums

Springfield

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I think Luigi's will be inside Louie's simply for the fact that they have a whole existing kitchen at their convenience, so I don't see why not? Duff and Luigi's can share the Duff Gardens seating area.

I'm curious about the statues in general. Looking at the construction pictures, the walls don't take up that much room, and imagining the path without the walls, it's ridiculously tight....so I wonder if we'll get the statues at all...

I wonder if they're going to try and fit the Statue of Jebediah Springfield somewhere.
I'm surprised no one has brought this up yet! Good question. It wasn't in the concept art, but neither was Duff Gardens, so I guess it's all up in the air for now.

I'm curious about the statues in general. Looking at the construction pictures, the walls don't take up that much room, and imagining the path without the walls, it's ridiculously tight....so I wonder if we'll get the statues at all...
I still think we're getting statues. They'd probably be right up near the structures, though. The Springfield Police Department has an entire window empty for a Snake figure to be placed there, which is a very good sign. They wouldn't leave a gap there if they planned on placing a 2D cutout against the wall.

Really good questions.  I'd imagine they'd be replacing Louie's with Luigi's.  I also heard that Phineas Q Butterfat's 5600 Flavors Ice Cream will be in Hollywood's Springfield, and I'd imagine that would be replacing the Ben N' Jerry's next door.  

I'm really curious about whether Kang and Kodos will be there.  It seems highly unlikely though due to lack of space and the fact that they already have the "Silly Swirly" which is pretty similar to Kang and Kodos.

I find it funny how most of the building is covered in sheathing... and just now they've decided to add the rest of the framing for the Elementary School facade.

Reactions: William
There's a new update on MiceAge showing off progress of Springfield and Wizarding World.  The Moe's tavern behind tarps is really beginning to look like Moe's and even more authentic than the cheap facade behind Kwik-E-Mart :)  Some parts are still steel structures, but a lot of it is now being painted!

moestavern.jpg

springfield2.jpg