Springfield | Page 38 | Inside Universal Forums

Springfield

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I certainly do not agree more that the old Kong was better than the "King Kong 360: 3D." It's pretty good 3D, but I certainly prefer the live sets plus the animatronic. It would've been another thing if it was more like Fast and the Furious, combining real life and 3D sets, but it's JUST 3D so it's a little sad. If only that beloved giant Kong animatronic didn't have to burn down :(
I agree buddy. I love the action of the new Kong, but nothing can beat seeing a live action massive animatronic shake your Tram.

I wonder if there will be any smoke effects coming from the Nuclear Reactors or any moving props on the facades.

Reactions: Imdbman
Based on recent photos, it looks like scaffolding is coming down. Cletus' is the only venue left with scaffolding around it, but that was only to complete the exterior and to install the Aztec Theater sign right above it. Now that those two are complete, it won't be long before walls come down too.

All the Façades are pretty much finished besides some missing doors and signs which could probably be added in overnight. As mentioned above I agree we are pretty much at the finish line (at least for the Food court). I'm dying to see photos of this area at night... hell i'm still not over the DM façades at night  :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: William
As am I. My biggest fear is that there won't be a ton of room inside the actual food court, especially since the depth of the building doesn't seem very ample. It'll be interesting to see how this two-story configuration will work out.

So that Aztec Theater sign is referencing Paul Blart, which makes sense as it has a sequel coming out next month. I really hope that sign is interchangeable and they just switch out different topical film jokes all the time. It'd be even great if they could get Universal to agree to some making fun of their own movies, like Jurassic World this June.

Yeah the Aztec sign will have some funny stuff on it. I can imagine making fun of Jurassic park " billy and the colonosaurus" lol!!

Well, the building even looks like Channel 6 Studios, satellite dish and all. Krustylu Studios, on the other hand, appears as a compilation of soundstages just like a real movie studio. Wouldn't make sense for them to represent it with a single, window-covered building that's identical to Channel 6 Studios.

Reactions: Allen The Actor
New trees separating Hogsmeade from Springfield.  Looking great.  Also, KrustyLu Studios sign is going up.

Springfield_030415.jpg

KrustyLuStudios_030415.jpg

I know other folks have posted the new Aztec sign, but here's another. 

Aztec%20Marquee_030415.jpg

Sorry, I'll have to try that again from my usual computer tonight.  Apologies!

Regarding the trees, if we are getting the "Welcome to Springfield" billboard, will it go in the gap between the trees?

Last edited by a moderator:
As am I. My biggest fear is that there won't be a ton of room inside the actual food court, especially since the depth of the building doesn't seem very ample. It'll be interesting to see how this two-story configuration will work out.
I, too, am afraid of the inside.  Two reasons:

1. Will it be as boring as Orlando with just a painted mural on the wall?

2. Will Moe's have seating directly inside similar to Orlando?  Or will the floor space be so limited that Moe's doesn't exist there as it should?  If all seating is upstairs, then Moe's will be super priority seating only downstairs.  I guess it all depends on how much room is taken up by the shared kitchen on the first floor.

I believe the kitchen is 2 stories as well.

Reactions: William
The inside of the food court in Florida is, indeed, very lackluster. Very minimal theming, with murals here and there covering the bland walls. The televisions hanging inside play a very short, continuous loop that gets quite annoying after mere minutes. Here's to hoping that Universal learned their lesson..!