Springfield | Page 40 | Inside Universal Forums

Springfield

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Awesome! Super glad to see they're fixing the pavement to make a nice transition between Springfield and Krustyland.

It looks like the Nuclear Power Plant isn't the only building to get a new paint job. Lard Lad Donuts is orange now..?

Great pictures JPLA! I love that they're retouching the Krustyland pavement, I think it's the fourth time they're doing it since the ride opened. I love how it looks when it pops! I was worried they were gonna leave it all grey for Springfield and yet let the swirls remain.

I'm curious if we'll receive any ground level props or photo opps, like in Orlando. Hard to imagine there would be room for Wiggum's car and the different characters. Maybe all of our characters will be scale models in the facades? Either way, it'll be nice to see!

(Personally, I'm not a fan of the Wiggum static statue. It just feels weird having him be static, but then also have other walk around Simpsons characters. It'd be fun if they introduced more walk around characters)

Wow, the one thing I hoped they wouldn't change was the Lard Lad building color... the light blue really stood out, plus the orange doesn't really look good next to Krusty Burger being orange as well.... Guess I'll have to wait for the finished product to see how this all turns out.

Reactions: William
Lard Lad facade is still blue.

Springfield_030615_1.jpg

Duff's brick is getting it's red color.

Springfield_030615_2.jpg
Springfield_030615_3.jpg

Move pavement is painted. 

Springfield_030615_4.jpg
Springfield_030615_5.jpg

Where is all of the seating going to go for Luigis and Duff Gardens? Will they use that area where there is that blue cover that is for the special effects extended queue??Before there was way to much seating for restaurants around the simpsns ride and now it seems to like there is too little amount of seating. :(

Last edited by a moderator:
Sort of odd that they cut the Krustyland flooring off right after the Kwik-E-Mart now. Not too long ago, it looked like they wanted to do the opposite to mark the Kwik-E-Mart as part of Springfield. Oh, well.

Where is all of the seating going to go for Luigis and Duff Gardens? Will they use that area where there is that blue cover that is for the special effects extended queue??Before there was way to much seating for restaurants around the simpsns ride and now it seems to like there is too little amount of seating. :(

There will probably be limited seating in the area between the Brewery and Bumblebee Man's Taco Truck. Not sure if the blue SES canopy will be utilized for the show once again or repurposed for Springfield.

Reactions: 12th Man
Sort of odd that they cut the Krustyland flooring off right after the Kwik-E-Mart now. Not too long ago, it looked like they wanted to do the opposite to mark the Kwik-E-Mart as part of Springfield. Oh, well.
Maybe Krusty opened up his own franchised Kwik-E-Mart next to Krustyland! ;) Nothing screams theme park vacation like overpriced convenience store! That convenience comes at a price!

^ Speaker color usually indicates the building's final paint scheme. I'd be curious if Lard Lad uses two colors instead of one coat of orange.