Springfield | Page 64 | Inside Universal Forums

Springfield

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
It was really nice. I visited today. I got the first ever Luigi's Pizza! Wasn't that good, but at least I get bragging rights. I also saw Jon, so that was cool.

Reactions: Jon Fu
^ Glad you had fun, bud!!! Pretty fantastic, hu? What wasn't you favorite thing about the chicken and waffle sandwich? Great new profile pic btw! Haha :p

I still find it all hard to believe that this is USH...I can't wait to see it all this Sunday :)

I agree with you, craziest part is that it replaced pretty bland looking locations. I'm still nostalgic about Doc Brown's, but my oh my this is incredible. One of Universal Creative's best projects to date IMO. (If only they put this amount of love, money, detail and resources into the ride and ride facade haha)
Thanks man!  Sorry, just saw this message.  I know, it's seriously incredible and I can't tell you how pleased I am that we got something completely different from Orlando!  But I do miss Doc Brown's as well.

Reactions: Allen The Actor
Well I just went and Springfield was fantastic! I almost went into a food coma eating that clogger, donuts, chicken sandwich (Later in the afternoon), Duff Beer, and Buzz Cola. This is definitely some of the best standard theme park food in any park I've been to. I'm never eating at Mel's or Jurassic again! Uni is going to rank in the cash over this, especially during HHN!

As for the fried chicken, I have yet to try it, but I hear its the same recipe as Doc Brown's.

Lots of problems today with Coke Freestyle machines. Many guests angry with no refills and the machines had glitches and ran out of Diet Coke and Sprite and Mr Pibb  <_<

But they did do a great job for first day!

Also btw the button to make steam for the Nuclear Plant did not work, it just made the noise 

Reactions: 12th Man
Lots of problems today with Coke Freestyle machines. Many guests angry with no refills and the machines had glitches and ran out of Diet Coke and Sprite and Mr Pibb  <_<

Also btw the button to make steam for the Nuclear Plant did not work, it just made the noise
Isn't there a new "smart cup" thing or is that not true. Also the button isn't supposed to set of the smoke. I think the smoke just automatically goes off every few minutes.

Reactions: b4ben24
Yes the "smart cup" is new to Universal Studios Hollywood. Just started with Springfield. We previously had the Freestyle but it did not scan your cup so everyone could get free unlimited refills even if they come back another day with a different type of cup. 

Thanks man! Sorry, just saw this message. I know, it's seriously incredible and I can't tell you how pleased I am that we got something completely different from Orlando! But I do miss Doc Brown's as well.
No problem! I see you took my suggestion ;) haha.

And yeah, incredible that slowly but surely the whole "we have no space" excuse hasn't been working. I personally think that when there is smaller space to work with, sometimes it helps the creative juices flow even more to help make better use of the space. Look at Disneyland!

No problem! I see you took my suggestion ;) haha.

And yeah, incredible that slowly but surely the whole "we have no space" excuse hasn't been working. I personally think that when there is smaller space to work with, sometimes it helps the creative juices flow even more to help make better use of the space. Look at Disneyland!
Yessir, glad to see Universal battle that with confidence :)  Disney's mostly sitting on their lazy butt after the success of the DCA redo.  I'm laughing at them opening a cheaped out redo of the Condor Flats area while Universal now has the amazing Springfield!

Lots of problems today with Coke Freestyle machines. Many guests angry with no refills and the machines had glitches and ran out of Diet Coke and Sprite and Mr Pibb <_<

Pushing the button doesn't get the steam or power outage effect to work. Those effects happen on their own every 30 min or so.

Reactions: William
Yessir, glad to see Universal battle that with confidence :)  Disney's mostly sitting on their lazy butt after the success of the DCA redo.  I'm laughing at them opening a cheaped out redo of the Condor Flats area while Universal now has the amazing Springfield!
Although DCA is getting an inexpensive redo, it still is boosting the area. I don't really think that they are redoing that area specifically for more attendance, but to help give guests shade and a more cohesive story. You also have to remember that DL is getting a new fireworks show, a new parade, and a new WoC. The real competition will start when WWOHP opens.

Yessir, glad to see Universal battle that with confidence :) Disney's mostly sitting on their lazy butt after the success of the DCA redo. I'm laughing at them opening a cheaped out redo of the Condor Flats area while Universal now has the amazing Springfield!
There I will have to disagree with you bud. Disney is just a lot slower in announcing and building projects (frustratingly so), but it's always worth it. Trust me, they have fantastic projects in their future lineup.

I'm a huge fan of the Condor Flats redo. It's something that has been planned for a long time and was originally supposed to happen during the original redo a few years ago. It's a very necessary and fantastic improvement. It's very "subtly" a big project. Soarin's film and technology upgraded and the land extensively rethemed to tie into Grizzly Peak. I'm really excited about it. We're also getting a brand new night time parade, new fireworks show, new world of color, a few upgraded Fantasyland rides, and lots of overlays. They can't pop out a new ride out of nowhere. I think they have a great lineup this year, and lots of more stuff is in the future.

I'm a very big fan of Universal and Disney, and I love that they can coexist, and I think that we as fans only benefit when they both "compete".

True.  Although I must say, it's been years since Disneyland added a new ride from scratch, which was before Finding Nemo and Star Tours II, which were just overhauls.  I can't imagine we'd be getting New Fantasyland, since we already have Cars Land at DCA which is more "Harry Potter" in style than New Fantasyland.

Back to Springfield though, there's no doubt Springfield will be a huge success and I really it will be as successful as the ride itself and could generate even more attendance for the park :)  Disney will have to rival that, too!

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 12th Man
While USH will garner a lot of attention with their new additions, I don't think Disneyland resort will feel the need to "rival" them. I mean DL has a monster sized roster of things to do and all the new updates and additions for the 60th will only add to that. Universal even acknoweldged this in their original press release for the Park transformation mentioning they are "playing catch up to Disney." This year will be a great year for all Socal theme park fans, for once our coast will be having all the fun!

Last edited by a moderator: