Springfield | Page 65 | Inside Universal Forums

Springfield

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
The lights at night are looking awesome. Great video. 

Here's my little review: The area looks great and the themeing is pretty dang nice. I love a lot of the little touches. That's what makes it. 

As for the food: Chicken and waffle sandwich has got to be the best thing I've tasted so far. It sounds like a weird thing, but it works very well. It's better than Orlando's counterpart for sure. The waffles seem very fresh. DON'T BE SCARED! It's good!

Ribwich: I expected pulled pork from the description but it was actually little bits of rib. It almost looked like Shawarma or something if any of you guys know what I mean. It tasted pretty good. Mostly like BBQ sauce. I tried some meat without the BBQ sauce and it was a little tasteless. Cold bun. Overall I'd still eat one again if I felt like BBQ.

Krusty Burger: Admittedly I only had a couple of bites of my girlfriends burger... It was exactly what I expected. Middle of the road, so so, un-melted cheese, cold bun, well done... it was the worst thing I've tasted so far. Is it a bad burger? No. Is it worth the price? No. I think I should note too that my girlfriend is gluten intolerant. She had a gluten free bun and here the warmth really matters. Eating cold gluten free bread can almost be like eating glue. Universal needs to learn this lesson pretty soon. It's hard for her to eat in the park sometimes.

waffle fries: They were great during the soft opening loved em. Today we had them, it must have been an old batch. They were hard as a rock. We ended throwing away half our fries. 

Duff: It's the same Duff from Florida. If you've tried that you're not missing much. It's alright beer, but it's a little expensive. Duff is alright. Light is great as far as light beer goes. My favorite however is Dry. It's a darker beer. A little hoppy. Sadly, Dry only comes in bottles half the size of the other Duff's... AND IT'S THE SAME EXACT PRICE! Makes me sad face.

Maple Bacon Dounut: If you've ever had the two together before; you know exactly how it tastes. It was fine. a good doughnut for sure. It's clear though that they want you to buy the big ones. I think the small are around 3.50 and the larger are only a dollar more. They do have some stuff you won't find anywhere else though. Annnnnyway, That's my review. Keep on talking, people! I leave you with my trip to Duff!

https://www.youtube.com/embed/7PFMT-_PoaM?feature=oembed

Last edited by a moderator:
Lots of problems today with Coke Freestyle machines. Many guests angry with no refills and the machines had glitches and ran out of Diet Coke and Sprite and Mr Pibb  <_<
No!!!! Not Mr Pibb aka best soft drink ever  :(

Yessir, glad to see Universal battle that with confidence :)  Disney's mostly sitting on their lazy butt after the success of the DCA redo.  I'm laughing at them opening a cheaped out redo of the Condor Flats area while Universal now has the amazing Springfield!
Hmm I wouldn't really call the Grizzly Peak Airfield redo "cheaped out", especially considering it was originally axed from the billion dollar expansion. Personally I think it looks pretty great and I'm glad they're doing it. It's a massive improvement over what came before it.

Anyways, I love, love, love that power outtage effect there. Last year with Despicable Me there was an amiable shrug from the Orlando community since they were so focused on Diagon Alley. But the last few days have been nothing but legitimate jealousy from them. (they have to keep shutting down threads at OU that people keep making haha!) And boy, after being the red-headed stepchild for so long... it feels so good.  :D

the night pictures look great im not sure if it was the pictures or i have to be their in person to see it but it seems to be kinda dark? i feel like it needs a bit more lighting  on the buildings  at night, thats just me. but like i said i have to see it for my self in the evening to really have a true experience with it.

Springfield looks really sweet at night and I love how they not only added sick lighting effects, notably with the Power Plant, but that you can't see the rising Hogsmeade behind it.  Wish I was there this weekend vs Friday to see it at night :/  Bravo Universal Creative!

Reactions: Aaron
Today was my first visit, and boy was I surprised. They have completely outdone themselves with this project. I'm going to try and condense my trip recap so it isn't too tedious.

This new land is nearly immaculate. Many happy team members were scattered inside and outside of the restaurants, and they were very happy to help. I'll get right down to the nitty-gritty: the food wasn't bad. The service, however, wasn't on par with the park's other offerings. I'll give them the benefit of the doubt by saying that they're still working out the kinks in a soft opening, but I suppose you'd think USH would have restaurant operations down by now. I ate twice in Springfield today (once at Krusty Burger, once at Cletus'). Both times, I waited 10-15 minutes for my order while guests queued before and after were receiving their food first. Just my luck, I guess.

For my first meal, I ordered a Clogger and a Flaming Moe. I certainly underestimated the burger. Really stuffing. Couldn't finish the whole Clogger because they really jam-packed that thing (it's essentially a Krusty Burger with an extra patty and some bacon). The Flaming Moe was pretty much how I remembered it in Florida, though maybe a bit tangier. The criss-cut fries were completely solid, and just plain gross. Not enjoyable by any means.

For my second meal, I ordered Chicken Thumbs and a chocolate shake. Both are basically just offerings you'd find in other dining venues in the park, so they were average at best (though not bad). The criss-cut fries this time around were more fresh, but still not my cup of tea. Still seriously bummed we don't get curly fries!

In the end, however, Universal really has a winner on their hands with this one. Guest reactions were very positive today, and they had no problem attracting crowds into the restaurant queues. One thing I will say is that the land still weirds me out. Once inside the main foodcourt building itself, I felt like I wasn't even in USH anymore. Very odd feeling. I suppose that's a good thing since they stepped up their game just that much more.

Quick side-note: the seating area detailing Krusty's history that contains many cool props and memorabilia is strictly for VIP guests. Regular admission guests who tried sitting in the room were asked to relocate by a team member soon after getting settled.

When will taco truck open ?
Rumors point to Tuesday.

Do you think that they will use this area for HHN this year for a scare zone? Seems like a missed opportunity not to.
Welcome to the forums! I wouldn't think so due to the licensing and family-friendly nature of The Simpsons.

Anyone try the Squishee's yet?
The only place I saw the Squishees at today was Sud McDuff's Hot Dogs. They're just the regular Fanta slushies found around the park with the Squishee logo plastered across the machine.

Quick side-note: the seating area detailing Krusty's history that contains many cool props and memorabilia is strictly for VIP guests. Regular admission guests who tried sitting in the room were asked to relocate by a team member soon after getting settled.
The VIP's already have there own private restaurant in the park. Plus on a busy day they need to utilize all of the seating they have. Restricting a sizeable amount of tables from the normal guests does not seem to make a lot of sense logistically.

Reactions: Allen The Actor
I agree, I think that whole VIP room is complete shenanigans. Why theme a room thats part of a whole immersive experience for such a small targeted group to see it?

Reactions: Bonkers and William
Oh my God. Springfield at night looks so cool. That power outage event is really reminiscent of the dragon breathing fire in Diagon Alley. It seems Universal Creative really likes to do environmental effects, and it's awesome :D