Stage 28/Phantom Stage Replacement | Page 2 | Inside Universal Forums

Stage 28/Phantom Stage Replacement

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
...maybe Goddard is releasing this because that's what Universal is going to do with the soundstage?!

Just kidding, USH would never do something amazing like this nowadays.

Reactions: Allen The Actor
I figure that with all the announcements and all the new attractions slated to open over the next two years, I don't feel that Stage 28 demolition is poised for something 3 years + down the road.  Why would they begin construction, or destruction now for something that would open in 3 years or more?

Say it is a show...or a ride, then why would you open anything new in competition with your major properties opening in 2015 and 2016?  Its pointless to spend money on something major when something ULTIMATE is being built now!

Universal is showing signs of growth in attendance.  The street growth has started with Universal Plaza and continues today with Louie's patio.  The parking lots are being expanded in preparation of 2016.  I feel this is a natural step to increase street space in the lower lot and eliminate the useless clutter of our classic park.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: William
Considering Universal hasn't given us a time line or even mentioned when they would start demolishing stage 28 or what exactly will replace it, I'm not worried about it overshadowing Potter or any other upcoming additions.

I think right now what they're gonna do is simply level the building, do the proper grazing for future construction, and leave it empty until they're ready to construct something there. I don't think they're in too much of a hurry. I'm just happy that plot of land is gonna be incorporated into the theme park for future use.

If it was up to me, I'd have a new attraction open then right after Potter, to help with Potter crowds.

I figure that with all the announcements and all the new attractions slated to open over the next two years, I don't feel that Stage 28 demolition is poised for something 3 years + down the road.  Why would they begin construction, or destruction now for something that would open in 3 years or more?

Say it is a show...or a ride, then why would you open anything new in competition with your major properties opening in 2015 and 2016?  Its pointless to spend money on something major when something ULTIMATE is being built now!

Universal is showing signs of growth in attendance.  The street growth has started with Universal Plaza and continues today with Louie's patio.  The parking lots are being expanded in preparation of 2016.  I feel this is a natural step to increase street space in the lower lot and eliminate the useless clutter of our classic park.
If they are building a ride or show venue, they will have to do a lot of modifications to the lower lot. The whole process could take 3+ years to finish. So its best they start sooner rather than later.

Last edited by a moderator:
its kinda like how they're doing Kong in Orlando. They're simply taking they're time and not rushing the project to make it the best *of whatever the hell they replace the soundstage with*, If its a ride or high quality indoor show, they don't even need to be fast. That's what i'm going with on how on what and when the soundstage becomes something for the park.

If it is a show, they can open it in 2015 or 2016. That would be to help crowd flow and keep guests in the lower lot.  A show or even some flat rides would not be in competition with Potter.

Reactions: William
If it is a show, they can open it in 2015 or 2016. That would be to help crowd flow and keep guests in the lower lot. A show or even some flat rides would not be in competition with Potter.
That's an excellent point. A show wouldn't overshadow Potter or F&F but would help crowds.

But I honestly think they'll wait and put a ride there. It's a pretty big piece of space that the park doesn't get often, almost the size of Transformers, and could probably accommodate a similar or slightly bigger ride depending on how far they dig down and maybe make it multi level like Transformers. So...let's wait and see.

Also, in line with that thinking, I've always been told that after Potter was the lower lot. I don't think whatever is going on with stage 28 is going to be fully finished by 2016.

I also don't believe they would be moving forward with demolition unless they already knew their plans for the space.  Of course, its only time until we figure it out.

Brover  maybe Goddard is releasing this because that's what Universal is going to do with the soundstage?!

thanks to Alkan, I went to the latest posts on Face Book

Goddard Group| CGE - Dept. 15, 16, 17,18 2014

- shows four images -  https://www.facebook.com/goddardgroup

========== Goddard Group| CGE - Dept. 15, 16, 17,18 2014

- now shows 4 images -  https://www.facebook.com/goddardgroup

notes - with a script

"We continue our series of Universal Studios Hollywood's unrealized "THE PHANTOM OF THE OPERA AND THE THEATRE OF HORRORS" show today with another excerpt from the 1989 treatment;

They include a proposed show Script "