Stage 28/Phantom Stage Replacement | Page 3 | Inside Universal Forums

Stage 28/Phantom Stage Replacement

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
If a show was coming, I could see them simply putting it inside Stage 28. However, since they are demolishing the building, I am thinking this is going to be a ride.

Last edited by a moderator:
With the CURRENT size of the building, plus the possibility of them making the future building even bigger (like building down to make it multi story and deeper), I definitely see this as a new ride sometime in the future.

Ideally I wish this would've been done before Potter, to help with future Potter crowds, but as long as it comes, I'm happy :)

This was posted on our Facebook page:

Hello Universal Insiders, You may have been wondering why your tour guides haven’t mentioned Stage 28 for the past month..?! Despite many articles, including Variety, we were forbidden from speaking of it, even before yesterday’s tragic demolition began. Now as the remnants of the building sit in a sad heap, we feel compelled to pay it the tribute it deserved. Please join us in our efforts! Bring black roses (preferably) and throw them as the tram passes by the site. We are looking for as much support of this underground movement as we can get. Please share this message, friend us on Facebook and retweet us on Twitter. "If I am the Phantom, it is because man's hatred has made me so... If I shall be saved, it will be because your love redeems me." --- https://twitter.com/LaemmleLand LaemmleLand@yahoo.com
I don't condone throwing anything off the tram, but it is an interesting technique nonetheless.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ohhhh that sounds interesting. I don't condone it either...might I might just accidentally drop a black rose off of the tram and forget that there is an emergency cord running down the center of the tram.

But yeah I was wondering why the guides weren't mentioning it, I found it disrespectful.

When I was assigned extended queue duty at TF, I would always tell guests about stage 28 across from them. We had a fun relationship with that one, sad to see it and the history it represents go. But ah well, new attractions here we come!

Viewing the demolition during HHN is quite the eerie sight. It's a bit of a trip seeing huge, gaping holes in the sides of the building as you walk through the Lower Lot.

Yeah, Animal Actors is the only live "kid friendly" show at the park. I don't see it leaving for a long, long time.

Long term wise, I would make Stage 28 a Brand New attraction, replace SES with a new attraction, and then make Shrek into a new SES type show or in general a fancy flex space theatre.

right now, it has to be this.

10.) AvP having the Queen - I'm surprised about this being a esclusive from what it seems and my, no wonder john wanted Alien.

9.) Fast and Furious/Springfield Announcements - It wasn't a surprise but from what was shown in concepts and now construction; its very special.

8.) Flinstones/louies closing early - I would of thought it would of been more gone after Grinchmas but, man its a surprise.

7.) How Fast FJ is going up - This is a very suprising thing also, its very special to see Hogwarts start to come up and its unbelieveable how fast they're going so far.

6.) More Focus on Food - Its kinda unique on whats happening and man, its very much a good idea to get food set up for the crowds of next year and 2016 but I would of thought maybe late 2014/early 2015. But I am wrong..

5.) Night Time Studio Tour - this has gotta be a very unique announcement as with the BTTF rumors, it kinda gets me excited to see what they will do with whatever the Nighttime tour has in store.

4.) Despicable Me - This has gotta be a surprise. Wrong was I when I thought this would be a cheap overlay of T2 but man, what they have done for SSFL and Grus neighborhood is amazing. and even though the ride is the same; it is done to where I don't give 2 craps about it being a simulator.

3.) House of Horrors closure - This has to be the most suprising closure of any park. I would of thought they keep it for potter crowds but, Its suprising on that we might be getting a full-service dining spot with possible Citywalk entrance. I hope what comes makes up HOH.

2.) SS28 removal - oh god I can't begin about this... I am surprised its happening this soon, i'm surprised how fast this sucker is going down and its very special of that this is getting the big change.. I still think it will be a ride but man.. depressing and amazing.

1.) NBCUniversal Evolution getting the greenlight - Ok, The one thing that I have to put at number one. Quite possibly to be a possible savior to Universal Hollywood, The NBCUniversal Evolution got greenlit and i'm happy it is. I am interested to see the outcome of the plans and I am very excited.

So recap;

10.) AVP

9.) F&F/SpringField

8.) Flinstone/Louie

7.) FJ construction

6.) Food overload

5.) NightTour

4.) DMMM

3,) HOH closure

2.) SS28 Closure

1.) NBCUniversal Evolution Greenlit