Star Wars: Galactic Starcruiser | Page 35 | Inside Universal Forums

Star Wars: Galactic Starcruiser

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
The way I think about it, and how I might end up enjoying it... Is, my favorite parts of Rise of the Resistance are everything leading up to the actual ride... Now, imagine a two day vacation that's just that stuff.. Fake shuttles to/from a big ship. Kylo Ren boarding and causing a scene. A space battle happening outside our windows. It could be really neat.

It's the sleeping in bunks overnight in the illusion of being in space that worries me. I get homesick and feel nauseous sometimes on normal vacations... I bet you, if they actually pulled off the feeling of being on a ship in space for this as well as they do the Star Destroyer for Rise, that I would get pretty claustrophobic and sick that first night. But hey, then the next morning I get to take a shuttle down to Batuu and have a breakfast Ronto Wrap so it's all good!
I’m under the impression that the ship has a few spots to get access to natural light if you want it. The rooms may even have optional windows to the real world (I’m sure they’d be explained as transmissions or something).

Also, while not encouraged, I’m under the impression that guests will be allowed to “take the shuttle back to the boarding port/terminal” at any time if they wish.

Reactions: JoeCamel
I’m under the impression that the ship has a few spots to get access to natural light if you want it. The rooms may even have optional windows to the real world (I’m sure they’d be explained as transmissions or something).

Also, while not encouraged, I’m under the impression that guests will be allowed to “take the shuttle back to the boarding port/terminal” at any time if they wish.
It does look like each room will have a window.

What was the rumored price on this?

I'm still kinda interested but the more they show the faster my interest wanes...

Reactions: Mad Dog
small room without a window
hotel in Florida without a swimming pool (literally the most popular attraction at Disney hotels).
forced cos-play for 2 days.

That will be $3,000+ Please...

Reactions: SeventyOne
I feel like there has to be more to the room than that. I'm gonna hold out my judgement until we see pictures that aren't so zoomed in.

looks incredibly claustrophobic. Like staying on a cruise ship with no window. Room also look fairly small. Possible just a bad angle.
This entire project was designed by the people who design the DCL ships.

small room without a window
hotel in Florida without a swimming pool (literally the most popular attraction at Disney hotels).
forced cos-play for 2 days.

That will be $3,000+ Please...
It's not forced if it's the point of the experience. That's like buying a ticket for WWE and calling it "Forced wrestling." It's fine if it's not for you, but come on.

It's not forced if it's the point of the experience. That's like buying a ticket for WWE and calling it "Forced wrestling." It's fine if it's not for you, but come on.

Im pretty sure not everyone in the family will be as excited to dress up as the kids. They are going to run a real fine line between entertaining and corny.

I reserve judgement.

Reactions: SeventyOne
Exactly. This is for the people who are Star Wars geeks. The ones who love all the expanded lore (Clone Wars, Rebels, etc) and probably hate the sequel trilogy. The kind of Star Wars fans who have YouTube channels based around the franchise. With this "hotel" (I don't really think hotel is the right word) having such few rooms, it should do very well once COVID is under control with the vaccines. There are plenty of fans who will likely save up money just to stay here for this experience. Or just rich ones who have money to burn.

Reactions: RevFreako
Exactly. This is for the people who are Star Wars geeks. The ones who love all the expanded lore (Clone Wars, Rebels, etc) and probably hate the sequel trilogy. The kind of Star Wars fans who have YouTube channels based around the franchise. With this "hotel" (I don't really think hotel is the right word) having such few rooms, it should do very well once COVID is under control with the vaccines. There are plenty of fans who will likely save up money just to stay here for this experience. Or just rich ones who have money to burn.
I'm still not convinced there's a long-term market for this thing, but will be happy to be proved wrong

I'm still not convinced there's a long-term market for this thing, but will be happy to be proved wrong

exactly, once will be enough for most. Sure it's small size will help keep demand up, but if we look at 10 years from now....could they ditch the "dinner theater" aspect and become a more traditional hotel experience? Possibly.

Reactions: JungleSkip
I know I've brought this up like 10 times, but I think not including an indoor pool area was a huge misstep. Think how cool a swimming are with "space" windows would have been. Paired with some sort of alien creature themed slide.

Plenty of parks in the midwest have indoor pools/water parks. No real excuse here.

I know I've brought this up like 10 times, but I think not including an indoor pool area was a huge misstep. Think how cool a swimming are with "space" windows would have been. Paired with some sort of alien creature themed slide.

Plenty of parks in the midwest have indoor pools/water parks. No real excuse here.
It worked until it didn't on board the spaceship in Passengers :lol:

looks incredibly claustrophobic. Like staying on a cruise ship with no window. Room also look fairly small. Possible just a bad angle.

I imagine that's exactly what this is -- an interior DCL room with a virtual porthole, only "outer space!". Having stayed in a couple of those, it's fine, if you don't plan on doing more than showering and sleeping in there. But that means they need a lot going on in the common areas from breakfast to bedtime. That's a fair amount of staffing, and unlike on a cruise ship, you have to pay them full American wages, and pay many of them Equity rates.

exactly, once will be enough for most. Sure it's small size will help keep demand up, but if we look at 10 years from now....could they ditch the "dinner theater" aspect and become a more traditional hotel experience? Possibly.

But once you ditch that aspect, you're stuck selling hotel rooms that make a Motel 6 look spacious. And the activity space (e.g. the space poker tables) is either still staffed or just sits empty awkwardly.