Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Star Wars: Galactic Starcruiser

what if it's pouring rain during the day you are supposed to go to Galaxy Edge?
what if either ride is down?

I sure hope that you are guaranteed fastpass access to both rides, if not all rides at DHS , if you stay here.

As mentioned...the rooms look "cheap" for the prices they are going to be asking. When people pay that kind of money, they are expecting a LOT from their hotel room.
Instead of FP+ for Galaxy Edge's ride, I predict 1 hour exclusive access to the land. Either before the park opens or after the park closes.

As mentioned...the rooms look "cheap" for the prices they are going to be asking. When people pay that kind of money, they are expecting a LOT from their hotel room.

IDK, people overpay for Disney cruises and cheap Disney hotels all the time. A themed hotel room will be a "bargain" compared to a normal overpriced generic hotel room they'd get at most Disney resorts.

IDK, people overpay for Disney cruises and cheap Disney hotels all the time. A themed hotel room will be a "bargain" compared to a normal overpriced generic hotel room they'd get at most Disney resorts.
People normally get 5-7 nights though for this will cost for an extremely short stay.

Like cruises, it's never really about the rooms in this space anyway. I can't wait to hear about the storylines and activities people can do while onboard. That is going to be what makes or breaks the experience in my eyes.

Though with how tight that room looks, I'd be weary of having someone swing their lightsaber around for "training" in there.

You think these rooms are small? Take a gander at the Charles Lindburg Hotel in Phantasialand. It's a hotel themed around steampunk (and is literally *inside* the resort) but the rooms look to be about 1/2 the size of these!

Just realized that this place won't even have sunlight. Seeing as the main draw of this hotel is being inside of the thing I don't like that at all.

Just realized that this place won't even have sunlight. Seeing as the main draw of this hotel is being inside of the thing I don't like that at all.
....In the Sunshine State

Again, I don't understand why it couldn't be just a Star Wars themed hotel on Batuu, they could have killed it with that concept

The space thing just feels weird to me still...but whatever

If the hotel experiences blow this will be a huge flop. Sorry to be negative Nancy, but I really think it will be hard to pull this off. We shall see.

If the hotel experiences blow this will be a huge flop. Sorry to be negative Nancy, but I really think it will be hard to pull this off. We shall see.
They can trick people for a little while. It will probably get a Buzzfeed article "You Can Now Stay A Night in The Star Wars Movies and we Are Freaking Out"

Call me in 3 years and we'll see how it's doing

My first guess is that they'll have to add several things and may end up dialing back the "in space" concept

You think these rooms are small? Take a gander at the Charles Lindburg Hotel in Phantasialand. It's a hotel themed around steampunk (and is literally *inside* the resort) but the rooms look to be about 1/2 the size of these!

Saw that...nope to that one as well!

I hope this tiny roomed-hyper themed resorts thing doesn't stick around

Lol and here I am thinking that looks hella cool

I'm sure in a few years it will be a big thing....but doubt it will take off like they want until way after COVID

It would appear your 2 day stay will be itinerary based. At noon your group gets to tour the bridge until your ship is attacked and you need to man the battle stations to defend it. Then at 1:30 you get a tour of the crew quarters until storm troopers show up and you need to hide! And so on and so forth. The “tours” that turn into experiences need to be spot on and Disney needs to create a real sense of danger in each or this will fall flat. So, so, so much will depend on the cast to sell this.

And then how often do you need to change out experiences, or are they just going to make this a one and done thing and not depend on repeat customers?

My other concern is will there be enough to do at the hotel during your down time? When you don’t have a “tour” taking place?

It’s a challenge for sure but if they pull it off they will make bank and I could see Universal trying this with Potter

What do you mean you don't want to sleep in the 4' hole in the wall?
Having Jeff Vahle - who is quite tall - stand next to that opening was not the best idea.

Wonder if the bed pods will have little openings on the end similar to some business class lay-flat beds so you can hang your feet out into the hallway for more space. I’m guessing there will be many fights in this hotel over who gets the bed under the TV.

Last edited: