Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Star Wars: Galactic Starcruiser

It would appear your 2 day stay will be itinerary based. At noon your group gets to tour the bridge until your ship is attacked and you need to man the battle stations to defend it. Then at 1:30 you get a tour of the crew quarters until storm troopers show up and you need to hide! And so on and so forth. The “tours” that turn into experiences need to be spot on and Disney needs to create a real sense of danger in each or this will fall flat. So, so, so much will depend on the cast to sell this.

And then how often do you need to change out experiences, or are they just going to make this a one and done thing and not depend on repeat customers?

My other concern is will there be enough to do at the hotel during your down time? When you don’t have a “tour” taking place?

It’s a challenge for sure but if they pull it off they will make bank and I could see Universal trying this with Potter

They don't need to fill 2 days. Check in to check out will be like 43 hours. At least 16 of that will be quiet/sleep time, and more likely it'll be like 10-8, so 20 hours. There won't be any real activites check out morning, so theres, another 3 hours. Probably a couple hours at check in for people to get in their rooms and check out the hotel. They are including a trip to GE/DHS as part of this, so that's probably another 10 hours they won't have to come up with much activities. Assume at least 4 hours of meal times as well. That's down to only really needing 4-6 hours of activities they need to account for. It's a lot easier than 2 days sounds.

It would appear your 2 day stay will be itinerary based. At noon your group gets to tour the bridge until your ship is attacked and you need to man the battle stations to defend it. Then at 1:30 you get a tour of the crew quarters until storm troopers show up and you need to hide! And so on and so forth. The “tours” that turn into experiences need to be spot on and Disney needs to create a real sense of danger in each or this will fall flat. So, so, so much will depend on the cast to sell this.
If “something goes wrong” almost every time I leave the room on a luxury resort cruiser, I’m going to start wondering just how “luxury” this place is.

This is starting to look and sound like “Space Red Roof Inn.”

I'm still gonna wait and see what the experience as a whole looks like, but with every extra glimpse, these rooms just look worse and worse. The actual experience will need to be extremely good to overcome the subpar rooms.
I'm expecting the restaurant(s) and lobby to be spectacular experiences

I'm still gonna wait and see what the experience as a whole looks like, but with every extra glimpse, these rooms just look worse and worse. The actual experience will need to be extremely good to overcome the subpar rooms.
And to think they could have built anything they wanted to build, no limitation on size they just went with the "here's your compartment enjoy your trip" vibe and space is at a premium on the ship.

This is the Cyberpunk 2077 of hotels
So true.

I wonder if they are going to limit the dress code like at Galaxy Edge. My number one thing I hate about GE is you can't dress up in the robes you buy.....Universal very much was smart to not only let you dress up but even make the wands apart of the land.

So true.

I wonder if they are going to limit the dress code like at Galaxy Edge. My number one thing I hate about GE is you can't dress up in the robes you buy.....Universal very much was smart to not only let you dress up but even make the wands apart of the land.

If anything, I'm a little worried they'll force you to dress up. It's essentially a LARP experience. Not letting people dress up would be the opposite of what they are going for.

If anything, I'm a little worried they'll force you to dress up. It's essentially a LARP experience. Not letting people dress up would be the opposite of what they are going for.
Then no clue why in Disneyland/WDW you can't do it. You can buy things and they tell you not to put them on until you are off the property

So true.

I wonder if they are going to limit the dress code like at Galaxy Edge. My number one thing I hate about GE is you can't dress up in the robes you buy
Wait....what?

I guess it makes sense, they don't want to confuse people into thinking a guest is an entertainer that they never have present in the land

Wait....what?

I guess it makes sense, they don't want to confuse people into thinking a guest is an entertainer that they never have present in the land
There was this group of people who dressed up as Harry Potter Characters and met every Sunday at USH. Disney is literally making up what if issues.

I can't remember one issue since Harry Potter land has opened where you literally wear the same outfits at the employees. Disney just is really in my opinion gave up on Galaxy Edge weeks after it opened....no droids, no bounty hunter, credits are rarely used, we have only seen in tests the stuntshows, also only in testing did we see the x-wings flying over the land and the canceled transportation ride that would give the land some energy also left out.

I hope the hotel is better...but I don't know Disney seems to be cutting corners in bringing lands to life past making them detailed, I hope this hotel is "more" for the price but considering how much it costs to make a lighsaber and its literally some voice overs and light effects...my hopes are low. The rooms also just show, I don't think they are going full out here but love to be wrong. Kids will of course love this no matter what it would be if you can get adults to love it to then I'd be impressed.

Why is it that concept art always looks better at Disney than the end result and at Universal it's often the opposite? How can it be that Cabana Bay Beach resort has better themed hotelrooms than Motel 6 in space at Di$ney...

There was this group of people who dressed up as Harry Potter Characters and met every Sunday at USH. Disney is literally making up what if issues.

I can't remember one issue since Harry Potter land has opened where you literally wear the same outfits at the employees. Disney just is really in my opinion gave up on Galaxy Edge weeks after it opened....no droids, no bounty hunter, credits are rarely used, we have only seen in tests the stuntshows, also only in testing did we see the x-wings flying over the land and the canceled transportation ride that would give the land some energy also left out.

I hope the hotel is better...but I don't know Disney seems to be cutting corners in bringing lands to life past making them detailed, I hope this hotel is "more" for the price but considering how much it costs to make a lighsaber and its literally some voice overs and light effects...my hopes are low. The rooms also just show, I don't think they are going full out here but love to be wrong. Kids will of course love this no matter what it would be if you can get adults to love it to then I'd be impressed.
I do have to wonder what it would look like if people were wearing robes and carrying lightsabers around

Seeing it at Universal builds so much hype for the land

Specifically on those special days where people actually dress up and come to the park in HP costumes

People take photos together and it feels like a big convention

If the same rules apply to the hotel where the only people allowed to be dressed up are employees then it's a dud

Why is it that concept art always looks better at Disney than the end result and at Universal it's often the opposite? How can it be that Cabana Bay Beach resort has better themed hotelrooms than Motel 6 in space at Di$ney...
SNW..for instance..

I'm waiting to see the rest of the hotel before making anymore judgements

I also have to wonder if guests are allowed to hang out in the hotel like the other ones

For instance, having Dinner at the Polynesian is a great past time for our family

I also have to wonder if guests are allowed to hang out in the hotel like the other ones

For instance, having Dinner at the Polynesian is a great past time for our family

If you mean, can guests staying at other hotels eat at the SW hotel, I think that's a clear no. They can't overcharge for an experience then make it so you can't get a reservation there. I think it'll be the cruise line set up where you'll either pick or have set dinner times. Might even be all inclusive if the rooms are priced high enough.

Or at least that will be the plan. Who knows what happens down the road.

If you mean, can guests staying at other hotels eat at the SW hotel, I think that's a clear no. They can't overcharge for an experience then make it so you can't get a reservation there. I think it'll be the cruise line set up where you'll either pick or have set dinner times. Might even be all inclusive if the rooms are priced high enough.

Or at least that will be the plan. Who knows what happens down the road.
Yeah, I still don't understand why they didn't do a Star Wars themed hotel with immersive experiences built in, but still clinging to the more traditional hotel vibes

For instance, the Wilderness Lodge or Boardwalk are tremendously themed, but are still inviting...and you can dine there and not be staying there

Same with Portofino at Universal

It still seems like a mistake to me to go so hard in the LARPing direction, but I'll eat crow if this does bangers

I’m expecting them to be spectacularly expensive. I’m assuming food and drink is not included with your stay?

Obviously no one really knows, but everything points to this being an all-inclusive "cruise" experience, so I'd assume food included, but not Space Beer and other alcohol. This makes even more sense considering that at least the evening meal is almost certainly a dinner show experience (rumored for the land even before the hotel was announced). Other meals might be similar--you have to have a reason to gather guests in one place to drive the narrative.