Star Wars: Galactic Starcruiser | Page 76 | Inside Universal Forums

Star Wars: Galactic Starcruiser

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Just a little common sense would have told them this was going to happen. Harmonious, AK water shows, SWL Batuu site, along with this, magnifies some out of touch Executives and Imagineers living in their own world.

Among others. It is that arrogance of believing that Disney can dictate what fans and park attendees will like as opposed to actually understanding what the park goers want. Also, the price point and target audience are mismatched as there aren't enough diehard SW fans with the coin to keep this a profitable operation.
This is the same guy who thought they could just open GE and it would be mobbed. Talk about out of touch....

Among others. It is that arrogance of believing that Disney can dictate what fans and park attendees will like as opposed to actually understanding what the park goers want. Also, the price point and target audience are mismatched as there aren't enough diehard SW fans with the coin to keep this a profitable operation.
This is the same guy who thought they could just open GE and it would be mobbed. Talk about out of touch....
Yep.....Lack of common sense and too many living in those high tech castles in the sky.

Reactions: SkiBum
Overheard conversations among some young Disney Imagineers: "People don't want that old Star Wars stuff. Only the old foggies want to see Vader and company. Our new generation wants new heroes and villains.
Batuu will be a big winner". :eek:O: :lol:..................Seriously though....50% off. Cast Member rates per WDW Magic. 2 Adults; $2490...2 Adults 1 child $2670...3 Adults 1 Child $2960

Last edited:
Overheard conversations among some young Disney Imagineers: "People don't want that old Star Wars stuff. Only the old foggies want to see Vader and company. Our new generation wants new heroes and villains.
Batuu will be a big winner". :eek:O: :lol:..................Seriously though....50% off. Cast Member rates per WDW Magic. 2 Adults; $2490...2 Adults 1 child $2670...3 Adults 1 Child $2960
See, at that pricing, I'd actually do it.

Reactions: Grabnar
So will this become just a hotel in a few years, like you charge a little extra because it has parts that look like a spaceship but mainly its just a hotel. Like I can't see them wanting to keep this going for another year if this trend continues

It happened.

Oh how quaint in 2017.

hehe
On it’s way to ending the experience altogether in favor of shutting the doors.

I wouldn’t be surprised if they just bulldozed the building whenever this goes the way of the NBA Experience and start over with a new hotel. With its proximity and back door access to DHS if Disney wants to use that as a selling point, I could see them building a Deluxe or a DVC (which is guaranteed profit) here.

So will this become just a hotel in a few years, like you charge a little extra because it has parts that look like a spaceship but mainly its just a hotel. Like I can't see them wanting to keep this going for another year if this trend continues

I could see them closing it down completely if things don't change. It just isn't well suited as a hotel-only. The alternative would be to completely redo it, including adding a pool, more food offerings, and larger rooms with better amenities. If they can take it down to two "voyages" per week and make a profit, they will keep it open, though.

I could see them closing it down completely if things don't change. It just isn't well suited as a hotel-only. The alternative would be to completely redo it, including adding a pool, more food offerings, and larger rooms with better amenities. If they can take it down to two "voyages" per week and make a profit, they will keep it open, though.
Thats insane, I hope they can do something with that space then

On it’s way to ending the experience altogether in favor of shutting the doors.

I wouldn’t be surprised if they just bulldozed the building whenever this goes the way of the NBA Experience and start over with a new hotel. With its proximity and back door access to DHS if Disney wants to use that as a selling point, I could see them building a Deluxe or a DVC (which is guaranteed profit) here.
The Villas at Disney's Galactic Starcruiser