Star Wars: Galactic Starcruiser | Page 77 | Inside Universal Forums

Star Wars: Galactic Starcruiser

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Thats insane, I hope they can do something with that space then

As @Nick stated above, they could add a DVC with special entry to DHS and it would be a better draw for guests. My only thought on building a DVC in that space is how they cover up the backside of Galaxy's Edge as there isn't any theming on the backside. In my opinion, if they wanted to expand Galaxy's Edge, they could add another great dark ride and maybe even a booster bike coaster (at the risk of being redundant with TRON) in that space.

As @Nick stated above, they could add a DVC with special entry to DHS and it would be a better draw for guests. My only thought on building a DVC in that space is how they cover up the backside of Galaxy's Edge as there isn't any theming on the backside. In my opinion, if they wanted to expand Galaxy's Edge, they could add another great dark ride and maybe even a booster bike coaster (at the risk of being redundant with TRON) in that space.
There’s technically room in SWGE area now to expand, but it would be nice to have that land as an option. Maybe they move support buildings over there? The big green support building where Catastrophe Canyon used to be (now backstage) is what can be used as expansion.

If it ends up with no shows & no interactions, for all intents and purposes, it's a 'Value' hotel experience, or even less, since it doesn't even have a pool.....Heh, we tried to tell them a few years back, but they wouldn't listen. :lol: :grin:

Any idea on what the margins are for this? I don't understand why they aren't just reducing the prices.

I honestly didn’t know this wasn’t already how they scheduled bookings. I thought it was only weekends for some reason. Itll be a miracle if this thing lasts til 2025.

Assuming this goes NBAX/Disney Institute, how much could they recycle in Galaxy's Edge. The dinner show is a no-brainer, was originally intended for the land, but can any of the other experiences be transformed for the masses? Might not be a bad idea to plus up the park affordably come 2025 when EU opens.

Reactions: Mad Dog
Assuming this goes NBAX/Disney Institute, how much could they recycle in Galaxy's Edge. The dinner show is a no-brainer, was originally intended for the land, but can any of the other experiences be transformed for the masses? Might not be a bad idea to plus up the park affordably come 2025 when EU opens.
Put some Galactic Starcruiser escape rooms at Springs?

Could maybe restore some of the stunt show elements that were planned for the land. Inserting some of the characters (with less LARPing)?

Reactions: SeventyOne
Any idea on what the margins are for this? I don't understand why they aren't just reducing the prices.

Doing Quick Maths:
Assuming maximum occupancy and an average rate of $2K (+$80 in merch/additional spend) per person for the entire voyage, and assuming ~$6 mil in employee costs + $300 cost of food, utilities, etc. per guests... your looking at a whopping ~78% gross profit.

Of course this is very rough, but at maximum occupancy this thing is profitable.

What I don't get is why they just didn't go with a regular Star Wars-themed hotel. With only 500 rooms and pricing it around $400 (and they can push even higher) it's already more profitable than the Starcruiser lol

What I don't get is why they just didn't go with a regular Star Wars-themed hotel. With only 500 rooms and pricing it around $400 (and they can push even higher) it's already more profitable than the Starcruiser lol

Hubris. They thought they were going to revolutionize themed entertainment and build this at every Disney resort in the world.

Hubris. They thought they were going to revolutionize themed entertainment and build this at every Disney resort in the world.

I think it’s very easy to see a world where all new Disney experiences are these insanely expensive long weekend things and then refer to their parks as “legacy products” or something. There was very credible rumors Disney wanted to make a marvel one in DL, I think that dream is dead.

I think it’s very easy to see a world where all new Disney experiences are these insanely expensive long weekend things and then refer to their parks as “legacy products” or something. There was very credible rumors Disney wanted to make a marvel one in DL, I think that dream is dead.

It's one of those "Your scientists were so preoccupied with whether or not they could, they didn't stop to think if they should." ideas.

This was one of those dumb Chapek ideas (when he was head of the parks) that once again proves he had no idea what he was doing. This was supposed to be his magnum opus and instead it's like Staggs with Magic Bands. Just a money pit, although at least Magic Bands helped upgraded the existing infrastructure across the entire resort including adding wifi, adding tap points at the entrance and removing turnstiles, creating the MDX app, etc. All stuff still used today very commonly by the Disney guest for better or worse. The Starcruiser is just going to go away like a fart in the wind.

What’s baffling to me about the Starcuiser idea, and perhaps this is indicative of why it has failed so tremendously, is that I have no idea who they thought they were building it for. I love Star Wars and think the new trilogy is tremendous … and would never stay there. The subset of guests who want to LARP for a weekend, and want to spend that much money and want it based on this era of Star Wars … it’s a small group!

What’s baffling to me about the Starcuiser idea, and perhaps this is indicative of why it has failed so tremendously, is that I have no idea who they thought they were building it for. I love Star Wars and think the new trilogy is tremendous … and would never stay there. The subset of guests who want to LARP for a weekend, and want to spend that much money and want it based on this era of Star Wars … it’s a small group!

I would pay good money to review the feasibility studies they must have performed that recommended this was a viable idea.

I beg to disagree

This isn't Larping, this is "dinner" theater. Your not really doing much from what I can tell

If you hunted bounties with Mando/Boba, got to go into a real X ring and then got to fly it with family and do a mission, along with REAL lightsaber training then bam you get people real quick but this isn't that its a fake cruise with no star wars larping going on.

Reactions: shiekra38
I mean, you do run around the ship and complete missions while speaking in code to performers on the ship. I hear where you’re coming from, and while I wouldn’t be into this even if it was dinner theater, it’s not a passive experience. you’re actively participating in the action. it’s a big cringe fest for me.

I mean, you do run around the ship and complete missions while speaking in code to performers on the ship. I hear where you’re coming from, and while I wouldn’t be into this even if it was dinner theater, it’s not a passive experience. you’re actively participating in the action. it’s a big cringe fest for me.
I mean, the point is does anyone think SW with those things?

My point is when people think SW they think Jedi, Star fights and Bounties. You have to do what guests would think are fun activities not just passing codes along to characters they dont know

This hotel needs to have no story tying into anything, it just needs to be the best of SW in a hotel. I also think making it take more then 2 days is a mistake. I think maybe have events that run 3+ days but on normal weeks run it 2-3 times a week 2 days and have cheaper off days when the activities aren't active so people get a taste and especially kids seeing a Jedi training room that is locked will beg their parents to come back...but just my two cents as a life long SW fan since I was a kid.

I would pay good money to review the feasibility studies they must have performed that recommended this was a viable idea.

Just like with many studies, they made the results say what they wanted more than likely. Ask a Star Wars fanatic if he would like to play Star Wars for two days and be in a mission and he would say "Yes". Build it, put a $5,000 price tag on it and that fanatic suddenly decommits.