Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Star Wars: Galactic Starcruiser

This was something I heard from Martin. I'm not sure if it's still planned for the hotel going there, but there was a plan for a hotel with the same "cruise ship feel". Whether they went forward with that or not is unclear to me.

That makes a fair amount of sense. Anything to keep high-rollers on property and out of Potter/Nintendo.

There is also a pitch for a S.E.A. themed resort for DAK.

That makes zero sense. Obscure IP that, at its heart, conflicts with the realistic, hippie-tree-hugger vibe of the park. It's so dumb I have no choice but to believe it's true.

Most adults love the pool because it keeps their kids busy while they actually relax. Indoor pools are not as relaxing as outdoor pools (in my experience).
If they do a roof-top pool with a dome effect, I think they could have an outdoor pool.

The plot they are using for the theater in Adventure land (beyond the berm) is where I could see one of these themed, bounding hotels going. Heck, you could do a PotC, Jungle Cruise, or even Aladdin themed storyline there, although neither of these properties is as immersive in MK as SWGE.

For Epcot, I love @AliciaStella idea for a Horizons based experience.

Sorry. But what the heck are you guys talking about? :lol: What is S.E.A.?

Society of Explorers and Adventurers. Started as kind of an off-shoot for Imagineers to make in-joke references to the Adventurers Club. Harrison Hightower (owner of Tokyo's ToT), Mary Oceaneer (featured in the new Typhoon Lagoon ride), guy who mined Big Thunder Mountain, Jock Lindsey and Indiana Jones ... all were members of S.E.A. "Auntie" who the day care center in Aluani is named after was a member. The characters from AdvClub were retroactively made members as well. At this point, Master Gracie may also have been a member. Basically the Disney Theme Park Cinematic Universe, created in-house by Imagineering to amuse themselves.

To put it in perspective, I live in the heart of Tourist Orlando. I interact with the most hard-core of lifestylers on a daily basis, people who's homes are like Disneyana showcases. I know exactly one person obsessed with SEA. It's the most inside baseball IP out there.

Society of Explorers and Adventurers. Started as kind of an off-shoot for Imagineers to make in-joke references to the Adventurers Club. Harrison Hightower (owner of Tokyo's ToT), Mary Oceaneer (featured in the new Typhoon Lagoon ride), guy who mined Big Thunder Mountain, Jock Lindsey and Indiana Jones ... all were members of S.E.A. "Auntie" who the day care center in Aluani is named after was a member. The characters from AdvClub were retroactively made members as well. At this point, Master Gracie may also have been a member. Basically the Disney Theme Park Cinematic Universe, created in-house by Imagineering to amuse themselves.

To put it in perspective, I live in the heart of Tourist Orlando. I interact with the most hard-core of lifestylers on a daily basis, people who's homes are like Disneyana showcases. I know exactly one person obsessed with SEA. It's the most inside baseball IP out there.

Wow. Thanks for the explanation. So it's basically bad Disney World fan fiction. Sounds like a great idea for a hotel.

(Bolded.) So, you've heard some of the plan?

There is a reason Jungle Cruise is up next.

The cruise ship on land.

Before we give the Mouse too much credit, the "cruise ship on land" idea has been around for ages. If there was a way to make it work in the States (without being shaped like a giant star destroyer), Sandals would've cracked that code decades ago. I think the cost of employees will prove too high, tho.

Highly themed? Maybe. But standard resort level theming? I don't see it working.