Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Star Wars: Galactic Starcruiser

LOL that's kinda my weird thing with the whole "real" thing, like do you mean it extends and retracts "like real" or they actually made an light energy thing? Or an energy weapon? The verbiage is so weird that I feel a lot of wiggle room for them to get out of.
Yeah, smoke and mirrors. If you choose to play along it really does not matter. You open the portal and pay up.

Attractions has concept art: Disney shows off 'real' Star Wars lightsaber in virtual Disney Parks presentation Dad off to the right has "blast shield" Pro alluded to.

10 y.o. me coming out of Empire would've marked out hard for this. No question this is a a Star Wars kid's dream. Still, I wonder if it would've been better as a 1-day, $500 Discovery Cove-type activity rather than a faux 2-night cruise. I can see the "hotel" designation confusing a lot of people as to the actual product.

Attractions has concept art: Disney shows off 'real' Star Wars lightsaber in virtual Disney Parks presentation Dad off to the right has "blast shield" Pro alluded to.

10 y.o. me coming out of Empire would've marked out hard for this. No question this is a a Star Wars kid's dream. Still, I wonder if it would've been better as a 1-day, $500 Discovery Cove-type activity rather than a faux 2-night cruise. I can see the "hotel" designation confusing a lot of people as to the actual product.
That concept art has been around since last year. Not sure why the pro story didn’t include it?

DC671F44-F816-4C42-BF57-C52B7B7AEE06.jpeg

That concept art has been around since last year. Not sure why the pro story didn’t include it?

View attachment 14353
So Lasers mixed projection mapping mixed with auto tracking of the blade or shield. Probably a pretty cool effect. It will look like the person wielding the item is blocking the laser blast but really it's just tracking the item and shoots a beam to meet it.

Concept art for the restaurant:
star-wars-galactic-starcruiser-hotel-restaurant-concept-art-1.jpg