Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Star Wars: Galactic Starcruiser

At that price it would need to include a take home version of the new expandable lightsaber at minimum.

No way 2 nights of hotel and food should be priced this much. A Disney cruise is much cheaper, hell I was pricing out a Dublin trip for next April and its 2400 all in with flights and hotels for 2 people. This is pretty astronomical and until we know everything that is included it is very hard to see where you're getting the value from.

The few 1% lunatics who actually drop serious coin on SW are probably not Disney's biggest fans right now.

I don't think it's a "wow ROSW was bad" thing, I just think if you're going to be a 1% on SW merch you're buying from well-established, 3rd party vendors with a higher standard of quality, not Disney. Simple as that. You go to fan conventions because that's what you do for fun, that doesn't 1 for 1 translate to theme parks.

My issue is at this price point, they should give the customers exclusive access to GE where there are encounters with droids and townspeople as part of the whole role play package. Going to GE with the GP in your LARP gear and being able to leave GE and eat at Brown Derby or some other HS restaurant just seems weird to me. An immersive experience like this needs to be just that. Why the hell go though the motions of the launch to the Halcyon and the shuttle to Batuu just to break the illusion and head to Toy Story Land? Doesn’t make any sense….

My issue is at this price point, they should give the customers exclusive access to GE where there are encounters with droids and townspeople as part of the whole role play package. Going to GE with the GP in your LARP gear and being able to leave GE and eat at Brown Derby or some other HS restaurant just seems weird to me. An immersive experience like this needs to be just that. Why the hell go though the motions of the launch to the Halcyon and the shuttle to Batuu just to break the illusion and head to Toy Story Land? Doesn’t make any sense….

Why not offer the lightsaber thing? Build a droid? I MEAN LIKE WHAT EVEN.

Why not offer the lightsaber thing? Build a droid? I MEAN LIKE WHAT EVEN.

I understand why Disney is doing a morning excursion but really for the amount of money these guest are dropping they should have made it an evening experience when the land looks at its best. If I’m paying 5000 for this I would expect they close off galaxy edge or something more exclusive really.

You still may have to sleep in a bunk bed after paying thousands of dollars… also alcohol and speciality drinks are not included. It should be all inclusive at this price point.
Wut?!?! Alcohol isn’t included? This is now the biggest farce Disney has ever tried.

A good number of people pay $425-$850 per hour on top of the ticket price for VIP tours at Disney.

IMO they will have no problems selling this out for years to come.

There are a lot of rich people out there. But it will only be a matter of time when that resource runs out and they will need the "not so rich people". Then hopefully prices will be adjusted accordingly. Maybe they will offer a "Coupon Day".

Those are Disney fans. Not all Disney fans are massive Star Wars fans.

No. But there are massive Star Wars fans who are just as crazy (if not moreso) in their Star Wars fandom as the uber Disney fanatics are to Disney. I have several friends who are into the whole SDCC/Cons cosplay community, have no fandom whatsoever for Disney, but didn't bat an eye when I told them the price this morning. They're salivating at the chance to do this.

I know regular people who are massive SW fans that have been saving up since this was announced. They’re ready to board.

No. But there are massive Star Wars fans who are just as crazy (if not moreso) in their Star Wars fandom as the uber Disney fanatics are to Disney. I have several friends who are into the whole SDCC/Cons cosplay community, have no fandom whatsoever for Disney, but didn't bat an eye when I told them the price this morning. They're salivating at the chance to do this.

This is true but is this the type of product for that Star Wars fan. To be practicing a fake muster drill from 4-4:30. Or build a modal ship at 3:00

This is true but is this the type of product for that Star Wars fan. To be practicing a fake muster drill from 4-4:30. Or build a modal ship at 3:00

Many serious cosplayers, LARPers and collectors easily spend that kind of money each year on their costumes and collections.

But also, if you just break it down mathematically, they don't need to attract that many people to this in the overall grand scheme of things. There's rougly 180 "trips" per year (each trip is 2 days). 100 rooms. Say a min of 2 people per room. That's only 36,000 people per year from the entire world they need to attract for it to be booked solid for the year.

Personally I think it's much too expensive to consider. But I also know Disney typically isn't way out of touch when it comes to knowing how to price things.