Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Star Wars: Galactic Starcruiser

Just looking at Twitter, it’s like 99% people complaining about the price.
Only a few hours into this poll, but 5% is more than enough people to keep this thing in business. It’s like when Vegas or apps makes 95% of its money from a small pool of people… This thing only needs a small amount of people to be successful. (It literally couldn’t operate with too many people anyway.)
BD6B6B6A-505F-4274-9369-1970B973B659.jpeg

The math on this one is crazy, but I think it works.

100 rooms holds roughly 300 people per trip.
That trip will average $5500.They can do roughly 175 trips a year.
That means they only need to find 17,000 families / 50,000 people in the world who are interested each year.
And the would clear a cool $95 million in revenue.

Crazy, but I think doable.

I can't wait to see how many and which bloggers get to do this as guests of Disney so they can rave about it on social media.
For the first year every disney blogger on youtube is going to say "Disney gave me a sneak peak at their new $6000 a room Star Wars hotel". "Come with me as I experience Star Wars in real life as I stay at the Galactic Star Cruiser Hotel". As Disney comps their rooms so it's always at 100% capacity. They know the bloggers will sell more rooms. It's gonna be an onslaught of videos.

For the first year every disney blogger on youtube is going to say "Disney gave me a sneak peak at their new $6000 a room Star Wars hotel". "Come with me as I experience Star Wars in real life as I stay at the Galactic Star Cruiser Hotel". As Disney comps their rooms so it's always at 100% capacity. They know the bloggers will sell more rooms. It's gonna be an onslaught of videos.
I volunteer as tribute

I almost definitely was never going to do this anyway, but alcohol NOT being included in a $5000 minimum vacation is ridiculous. I've been on many cruises where i've paid a lot of money for a 7-day cruise to Alaska for example and paid probably about as much as I would have to travel to Asia comfortably, but hell, at least I got an included alcohol package :lol:

I almost definitely was never going to do this anyway, but alcohol NOT being included in a $5000 minimum vacation is ridiculous. I've been on many cruises where i've paid a lot of money for a 7-day cruise to Alaska for example and paid probably about as much as I would have to travel to Asia comfortably, but hell, at least I got an included alcohol package :lol:
For my honeymoon we went on safari in Botswana. Our first two camps only held 32 and 16 people respectively and we paid way less per day there with full open bar, all inclusive food, and, you know, actually being on an actual safari, not a LARP.

For my honeymoon we went on safari in Botswana. Our first two camps only held 32 and 16 people respectively and we paid way less per day there with full open bar, all inclusive food, and, you know, actually being on an actual safari, not a LARP.
Yeah but did you get to pretend you were holding a lightsaber while a college student awkwardly tries to improv their way through a Warhammer 40k campaign?

I didn’t think so; checkmate :grin:

I keep thinking that this should be a daytime experience and not a hotel.

If this was a Discovery Cove-style boutique park for $500/person a day, I think everybody would think this is the coolest thing ever.

You're dead on here (I might quibble over price, but still north of $300 a day, and you might not be wrong, either). This is a kids' experience--the people who can afford it would probably tolerate it for a day for their kid. Especially if mom and the other kids could do a shopping day instead. But no one outside a few outliers who has this kind of cash is going to settle for two days of the level of room, food and service this is going to provide at that price point.

A good number of people pay $425-$850 per hour on top of the ticket price for VIP tours at Disney.

IMO they will have no problems selling this out for years to come.
This is a hotel, them having small groups of a few people willing to skip lines sure but this is literally cosplay.

Someone will pay but doubt it can stay this high for long

I think the price is fine, really, it's what is offered is disappointing. First of all it is fake Star Wars (aka Di$ney SW) but even in Westworld, costume's and sex where included and both are missing from the package.

I am sooooo not the target audience for this. You would have to pay me to get me to do it.
Agreed. As I said last year, just sounds like a white collar Federal prison setting with good amenities for the well connected, tight scheduled meals and a few hours in the 'Exercise Yard', Batuu. ...and no alcohol for the upfront price.....Smuggle in some 'cheaper' bootleg alcohol by slipping a C note to the SW college intern? :eek:O: :lol: :bolt:

Last edited:
Only a few hours into this poll, but 5% is more than enough people to keep this thing in business. It’s like when Vegas or apps makes 95% of its money from a small pool of people… This thing only needs a small amount of people to be successful. (It literally couldn’t operate with too many people anyway.)
View attachment 15045

Outside of the existential crisis this place creates for theme park fans, one of the benefits of the cruise model is they can run this as demand fits. So they can run it continuously OR once a month and still be profitable.

It'll be interesting to see how popular this gets after a few months. This is something they want to implement around the world.
I'm sure if it's popular enough we'd end up seeing a Marvel version of this somewhere. Probably at one of their Asian Resorts since Star Wars isn't as popular over there.