Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Star Wars: Galactic Starcruiser

A thread about the Starcruiser experience from media event:

It looks like a big embargo cleared today:

It looks like a big embargo cleared today:

From the IGN article.
I’m sure you’re wondering about the new "realistic" lightsaber promised to be a part of the Galactic Starcruiser experience, where the blade extends from the hilt like an actual lightsaber, seen in the video below.

Unfortunately, that lightsaber isn’t for guests to use or purchase. It’s strictly for use by the performers.
Whomp whomp.

Because it's the same company who gave us The Disney Dragon, I'll be curious if any reviews pop up 2 weeks into opening. Will the side-quests all play out at once like they did here, or will it be one per hour, and best of luck to catch them? As described by IGN, that's a lot of Equity actors, plus non-Equity performers.

Hmm...hmmm...hmmm...

I know it's been discussed that this thing isn't going to be an easy sell for those who aren't blindly jumping into it, but ooof. I think folks are not far off that this is coming off as a very expensive Disney Quest.

Wow look how josh hits the fog lights. that definitely looks worth 5K. Haven’t seen It mentioned on this thread but the first college program crew for this has been selected. As If there was any doubt Disney was gonna staff the super interactive “luxury” experience with underpaid college kids.

There's another video which also shows off some activities at the bridge, you liked the teamwork kind of controls in Smuggler's Run, right?

I really would like to see anything that would entice me about this, but I think this whole experience is riding on it's interactive story/LARP moments which we're probably not going to see until it's open and someone films it.

The Cruiser will live and die by the actors to guest interactions imho

Im pessimistic this will be the “we’re putting one in major cities and each resort” and will becomes DisneyQuest 2, but I do see people determining if it’s “worth it” based on the aliens and robots.

Im pessimistic this will be the “we’re putting one in major cities and each resort” and will becomes DisneyQuest 2, but I do see people determining if it’s “worth it” based on the aliens and robots.
If the Kylo Ren mini show in the ship’s common area is impressive, with incredible special effects and surprising choreography, people will remember their experience as positive and “once in a lifetime.” All of the cheesiness and lackluster elements will be redeemed by some special effects and good storytelling in a few key moments—the moments with real entertainment from actual actors—and if they pull it off, it could be enough to redeem the whole thing.

In a way, that “real” lightsaber and its surrounding sequence, has the entire weight of this venture resting on its shoulders to deliver.

That, and being able to ride Rise of the Resistance without waiting. That’s like freaking gold and people are willing to pay anything for it so it’s actually a decent perk lol

If the Kylo Ren mini show in the ship’s common area is impressive, with incredible special effects and surprising choreography, people will remember their experience as positive and “once in a lifetime.” All of the cheesiness and lackluster elements will be redeemed by some special effects and good storytelling in a few key moments—the moments with real entertainment from actual actors—and if they pull it off, it could be enough to redeem the whole thing.

In a way, that “real” lightsaber and its surrounding sequence, has the entire weight of this venture resting on its shoulders to deliver.

That, and being able to ride Rise of the Resistance without waiting. That’s like freaking gold and people are willing to pay anything for it so it’s actually a decent perk lol
$5k or however much for a family of 4 though is still a tough sell. Sure, it will probably have some pretty cool moments with the entertainment, but I just think that there's a very limited market for this long-term, especially with it set in the timeline of the sequel trilogy.

Sure, the first three months are sold out for this so far, but I just don't see this as something people are going to do multiple times and the number of people that will be willing to pay for this is low. However, they were smart and kept the room count low so even if they don't sell out, it won't feel too "off" as it's meant to be an intimate experience anyway.

With the most of the actors being equity, i'm not too worried about the actors. I'm more worried about the script, tbh.