Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Star Wars: Galactic Starcruiser

I feel like between all of the bloggers I've seen almost everything. Every cool moment has been spoiled and circulated. There are no impressive moments that I haven't seen. And, I bet after the first few cruises, most people will feel that way. This is just an expensive social media backdrop at this point. A place to go to make videos for social media and flaunt privilege.
Would you not take a vacation somewhere because you’ve seen pictures of it? Or only watch a movie once? Stop doing HHN houses after you’ve seen every scare?

It’s one thing to say what you’ve seen isnt interesting to you, but don’t conflate that with “a place to go to make videos for social media and flaunt privilege.”

I wonder if Guest Relations in the Starship are in character…

Like, if you complain about your Disney vacation and the cost of your flight from Boise, does Guest Relations look at you and say, “The beast at Tanagra?”or some BS like that?
Out the airlock.....

I wonder if Guest Relations in the Starship are in character…

Like, if you complain about your Disney vacation and the cost of your flight from Boise, does Guest Relations look at you and say, “The beast at Tanagra?”or some BS like that?
The front desk on the ground level is outside of the storyline. So if you need the concierge or help with your reservation, they are regular cast members. They wear regular nametags and the signs all say STAR WARS down there. Only after you take the shuttle up is everyone in character.

Reviews:

Saw this on twitter. Thought it was a weird way to frame a hotel that has been sold out since it opened. i've been checking up on it every now and again since it opened in March and it's almost always sold out at least two months in advance. For example, right now, the earliest stay I can book is August 16th. Everything before that is sold out.

Now if they are surveying to make the experience better then that's different, but it's certainly not because no one wants to stay there. At least currently.

Saw this on twitter. Thought it was a weird way to frame a hotel that has been sold out since it opened. i've been checking up on it every now and again since it opened in March and it's almost always sold out at least two months in advance. For example, right now, the earliest stay I can book is August 16th. Everything before that is sold out.

Now if they are surveying to make the experience better then that's different, but it's certainly not because no one wants to stay there. At least currently.

Well sign number 1 that the author has no clue what they’re writing about is literally the first sentence - actually the first words - that say it was August of last year that word got out Disney was building an immersive hotel.

I don’t know specifically how it’s doing, but 1) it’s not bad and 2) the rest of property is doing so well that it really doesn’t matter.

All jokes aside, if this just starts turning unsustainable in that they aren’t even making enough to cover the cost of the equity entertainment that runs the experience, they can just rethink this whole thing and turn it into a regular hotel, add some rooms, and seeing that it is right next to SWGE, they could probably still charge $600-$700 per night and still use that DHS back entry as a hotel perk.

All jokes aside, if this just starts turning unsustainable in that they aren’t even making enough to cover the cost of the equity entertainment that runs the experience, they can just rethink this whole thing and turn it into a regular hotel, add some rooms, and seeing that it is right next to SWGE, they could probably still charge $600-$700 per night and still use that DHS back entry as a hotel perk.

or as I suggested reducing the “voyages” to a few times a month not continuous.

A well designed functional Star Wars hotel seems far more approachable than a multi-day LARPing structured "land cruise" experience

They could have easily carried the look and feel of Batuu into hotel form

Instead they opted to close people inside a virtual space environment

There *are* some interesting ideas with this, yet in totality, this whole project is uber pretentious

And the price point is a bit steep to ask people to gamble on an experience they aren't quite sure about

Also LARPing in general is a relatively grass roots type of experience done and organized by a group that normally participates.

They're rough around the edges, low budget, build-as-you-go type experiences.

I've never seen a massive corporation attempt it, and it feels like...well...a massive corporation designed it all

30% off is for DVC points not cash price afaik
That is correct, the DVC point conversion was even more egregious than the cash pricing so it’s not surprising that’s the first discounting lever.

My thoughts about it being a dumb investment are well documented across this thread, only partially offset by the fact that I did think it was better experience than I was expecting. But a few voyages a month isn’t viable because you can’t staff that effectively. You also can’t turn it into a normal hotel because the rooms are postage stamps and there’s no infrastructure for pool/buses/parking/etc. It’s like Jurassic Park - so preoccupied with whether they could, they didn’t stop to think if they should.