Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge (Disneyland)

I definitely worry Rise is going to use too many screens. This definitely won't be good for the land when the only other ride is a video game that gives you very little actual control.

Sill to this day, The Amazing Adventures of Spider-Man is the greatest screen attraction ever built. Nothing built since then has come close to using screens as well as that ride does. Kong, Gringotts and Fast and Furious all use screens poorly. Gringotts fails at using screens since it basically stops your movement completely so you can watch some lame movie play out on the screen, then you move on to the next screen to watch another movie. I'm really hoping that Rise is nothing like that.

For pure motion simulators, I think the best three ever built are Back to the Future, Star Tours 1.0, and Soarin' Over California. Part of what makes those so convincing is that the screens are either showing models and practical effects like in BTTF and Star Tours, or in the case of Soarin', it was showing real locations. For Simpsons, Star Tours 2.0, and Smuggler's Run, everything is CGI which doesn't help sell the illusion and just makes everything seem more fake. All the CGI stuff in Soarin' Around the World totally takes me out of the experience and makes that version not work at all for me.

Of course, Spider-Man and Forbidden Journey use CGI, however, since they also have practical sets and effects that helps make those CGI scenes more convincing.
I would also put Avatar: The Flight of Passage on that list of best pure motion simulators. That ride is fantastic.

Tell that to rastuso. He won’t believe and you will then proceed to belittle your intelligence as a discerning human.

Actually, it is the best simulator, I guess. Mainly because it has the best projection, although the movie is still pointless.

It's lack of motion helps. Simpsons is probably the best IF you are in a car dead center on the screen.

Oh, and I'm not including Spidey, Kong, et al, as simulators.

Actually, it is the best simulator, I guess. Mainly because it has the best projection, although the movie is still pointless.

It's lack of motion helps. Simpsons is probably the best IF you are in a car dead center on the screen.

Oh, and I'm not including Spidey, Kong, et al, as simulators.
The movie is you fly through Pandora just to experience it. Nothing goes wrong. Nothing attacks you. You just get to "live" in Pandora for a few minutes. Since one of the biggest draws of the film was the experience of "being in Pandora" (especially in IMAX 3D) makes sense thats the experience they are trying to replicate. I find it actually both beautiful and relaxing rather than thrilling, which is a nice change of pace.

Last week it was mentioned that you can get the Yub Nub at Oga’s without the souvenir mug. Well that only last a week. Went today and you can no longer get the drink without the mug. $42 vs $15.

The bartender said it was only temporary because they ran out of the mugs but now they are back in stock you don’t have a choice. Stupid stuff like this is unnecessary. I like drink but I don’t want to purchase a mug each time I go.

WHAT

That’s mug is pretty amazing though...probably the only thing I would consider buying, but I collect tiki mugs so this is right in my wheelhouse

I think we have different ideas about what is worth $27! :shrug:;)

I’ve been to a lot of tiki bars, and $27 for a mug is actually a really good deal. I’ve seen mugs as high as $80 in some places. Throw in the fact that this is Disney, and a cheap plastic pen with Mickey ears on it is $9.99 and the $27 is a bargain compared.

Bob Iger before this Summer: “Man, i cant wait to have our most successful summer ever at the DLR!

Disneyland this Summer:
View attachment 10423
Amazing! This needs to be shared all over the place:lol:

Bob Iger before this Summer: “Man, i cant wait to have our most successful summer ever at the DLR!

Disneyland this Summer:
View attachment 10423
Sooo funny. and Kennywood had a similar altercation a week or so ago. Within 'seconds' two park police and two municipal police were on the scene, threw the culprits down to the ground immediately, handcuffed them while on the on the ground, and arrested on the spot. No playing around up here in the real world.

Amazing! This needs to be shared all over the place:lol:
Just to clarify, I didn’t make the image. I felt it was too good to not share.
Sooo funny. and Kennywood had a similar altercation a week or so ago. Within 'seconds' two park police and two municipal police were on the scene, threw the culprits down to the ground immediately, handcuffed them while on the on the ground, and arrested on the spot. No playing around up here in the real world.
“IT’S GOIN’ DOWN SMACKDOWN AT KENNYWOOOOD!” :lol: Outrage seems to everywhere at theme parks. That security was ON IT. If Kennywood get be on it in a hot minute, don’t see why DL couldn’t as well.

Oga's Cantina reservations are live for WDW!

Oga's Cantina at Disney's Hollywood Studios | Walt Disney World Resort

I just booked for 10/29.
Thanks for the heads up. Just booked for my trip. Glad they are going the reservation route.

Are kids under 21 allowed in Oga's? What about strollers?
Kids are allowed, strollers probably not unless it is red tagged. This of course is from my experience from Disneyland.

Last edited by a moderator: