Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge (Disney's Hollywood Studios) | Page 314 | Inside Universal Forums

Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge (Disney's Hollywood Studios)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Just go back to the issue of the timeline again, although I think Galaxy's Edge is mostly a colossal missed opportunity, if you don't do something like Universal did with Marvel back in the day, then you run into this problem. Disney is going to have the same exact issue with the Avengers campus. Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't the big Avengers ride set before or during Age of Ultron? But they're also doing the Spider-Man ride so obviously there's a conflict right there or two different timelines in the park.

Basically what I'm saying is...let the Mandalorian appear in the park already!

Just go back to the issue of the timeline again, although I think Galaxy's Edge is mostly a colossal missed opportunity, if you don't do something like Universal did with Marvel back in the day, then you run into this problem. Disney is going to have the same exact issue with the Avengers campus. Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't the big Avengers ride set before or during Age of Ultron? But they're also doing the Spider-Man ride so obviously there's a conflict right there or two different timelines in the park.

Basically what I'm saying is...let the Mandalorian appear in the park already!
I feel like both lands will one day become a "catch-all" for characters from all timelines

We can only hope.
I've always felt not making the land a mixture of all the films in the series was a mistake

Everything in the current land just feels like the discount version of the originals

Minus the aesthetic and general design of the land, which is stellar

Reactions: Mike S
I've always felt not making the land a mixture of all the films in the series was a mistake

Everything in the current land just feels like the discount version of the originals

Minus the aesthetic and general design of the land, which is stellar

Agreed and the reason seems to be that they really marketed the "immersion." They didn't want to break the fourth wall by having all the trilogies represented or having characters appear together. They sold everyone on the concept art with guests walking amidst aliens and droids and bounty hunters. Clearly, they were never going to be able to deliver on that though so they should have taken a different approach.

Agreed and the reason seems to be that they really marketed the "immersion." They didn't want to break the fourth wall by having all the trilogies represented or having characters appear together. They sold everyone on the concept art with guests walking amidst aliens and droids and bounty hunters. Clearly, they were never going to be able to deliver on that though so they should have taken a different approach.
Also, hindsight is 20/20, I'm sure they expected people to just eat up the new trilogy

The weird thing is Disney *clearly* wanted to copy Diagon Alley with the land, but even Diagon Alley is all over the place timeline wise. Putting the events of a theme park land "in canon" just does not work
It's hard to hit the high notes of a series or trilogy and it stick to a specific time period. I think they did the right thing with the Potter franchise

Only the hardcore SW fans know, or care about, canon. The other 99% plus theme park guests couldn't give a damn about canon.
Canon DOES matter, but when it comes to a Theme Park land, it absolutely should just be withheld from the canon and considered it's own, fun little thing. But no, they want to use Batuu in the books and probably on one of the Disney+ shows one day. Because synergy.

IMO, if they ever expand the land, they absolutely need to add a coaster.
A Speeder Bike Coaster was the proposed addition to the land for whenever an expansion happens last I knew.

Reactions: shiekra38
But no, they want to use Batuu in the books and probably on one of the Disney+ shows one day. Because synergy.
This is the key. As much as I love the original trilogy and moments in the prequels I fully think Disney doesn't view those as theirs (minus Star Tours which is a catch all).

Funny enough the Mandalorian would break the timeline anyway haha

Canon DOES matter, but when it comes to a Theme Park land, it absolutely should just be withheld from the canon and considered it's own, fun little thing. But no, they want to use Batuu in the books and probably on one of the Disney+ shows one day. Because synergy.

A Speeder Bike Coaster was the proposed addition to the land for whenever an expansion happens last I knew.
Speeder Bike coaster was never for Batuu.

Reactions: Nick
I think the land (and the park overall) needs something extremely high capacity. And ideally not an E-ticket, because that's all the park has at this point (if not "true" E-tickets, almost all of the attractions have the pull/demand of an E-ticket).

Disney eventually will have opened three coasters in four(ish) years. After TRON and Cosmic Rewind, I think they can take a break from coasters for a while.

Speeder Bike coaster was never for Batuu.

Pandora, right?

I believe there was a speeder bike concept pitched for an earlier version of the Star Wars land, but it would have been a simulator.

Reactions: Coasted
Counterpoint: Can never have enough classic dark rides

Fixed that for you! ;)

I'd just much rather see Hollywood Studios add a type of attraction they don't already have multiples of in the same park. Let's get some more variety in there.

If proposed coaster was on the level of something like Hagrid's, with show scenes, extensive sets and landscaping, animatronics, and the like, I'd be down. If it would be another Slinky or coaster-in-a-box, I wouldn't be interested. I don't believe they've got the space for something the scale of Hagrid's, though.