Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge (Disney's Hollywood Studios) | Page 64 | Inside Universal Forums

Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge (Disney's Hollywood Studios)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Mice Chat does a really good job of keeping up with SWL construction at Disneyland. They generally have a photo update on Fridays and when they do their regular Disneyland photo updates, they have an interactive before and after map. While the two lands (DHS & Disneyland) are relative clones, there's some differences in arrangement of buildings on the two projects.
This! I go on MiceChat to get my West Coast fix. I'm wondering, even if the rides are clones, if they will dress and promote the lands as two different "space ports". Not that themepark geeks like us would need to travel to both, but they might try and sell them as must sees on their own.

Reactions: Mad Dog
I don't appreciate how they keep attempting to pass off the Disneyland construction site as Hollywood Studios (this is not the first time they've done that), but whatever! I'm just glad this confirms these things are going to be part of a massive show scene.

If it's going to be a similar experience in the end, I don't think it really matters at this stage.

If it's going to be a similar experience in the end, I don't think it really matters at this stage.

It doesn't matter to the end product, no, but it is more subtle favoritism towards Disneyland. They're getting the land first (and with that, all the reveals and the fanfare), and Disney keeps trying to make the less-in-the-know WDW fans think that our version is much further along than it really is.

Is that a big deal? No. I just don't like it.

They're getting the land first (and with that, all the reveals and the fanfare), and Disney keeps trying to make the less-in-the-know WDW fans think that our version is much further along than it really is.

It's usually the other way around 9 time out of 10 for us on the left coast, soo this does not bother me at all :)

Reactions: belloq87
It doesn't matter to the end product, no, but it is more subtle favoritism towards Disneyland. They're getting the land first (and with that, all the reveals and the fanfare), and Disney keeps trying to make the less-in-the-know WDW fans think that our version is much further along than it really is.

True but WDW are also getting TSL and Avatar. A year delay is a small price to pay.

If Toy Story Land wasn't shaping up to be a big, ol' bag of nothing, I would agree with you! As it stands, under no circumstances is TSL "worth" a pushed-off opening for Star Wars.

I'd rather take TSL than their Guardians of the Galaxy ride.

Technically will be the same year, so at the very most a 364 day delay. ;)

Have the opening dates even been confirmed yet beyond just 2019?

I don't appreciate how they keep attempting to pass off the Disneyland construction site as Hollywood Studios (this is not the first time they've done that), but whatever! I'm just glad this confirms these things are going to be part of a massive show scene.

There's not active malice on their part. These are literally people in cubicles who don't know the difference. They make six figures and sometimes don't know Epcot is a Disney theme park.

No, but supposedly they are both opening within that same year. I imagine the months will be different. So DL will get to steal our thunder.

Even then, I just can't see Disney missing the summer crowds at WDW unless something crazy happens. So, I'd give them less than a 5 month window between opening.

Reactions: Joel
Even then, I just can't see Disney missing the summer crowds at WDW unless something crazy happens. So, I'd give them less than a 5 month window between opening.
Honestly, I'm surprised they even announced a year at this point. I guess since they own Lucasfilm they don't have to worry about the content creator forcing changes on them (like the Cameron,) but still, you never know this far out what could slow things down.

So DL will get to steal our thunder.

Yep. I've said it before, but I can't wait to compare the grand opening ceremonies for each resort's land. One I'm expecting to be one of the most lavish displays of pageantry Disney's put together in this century; the other I'm expecting to be akin to your basic Star Wars Weekends shindig.

I hope I'm wrong, but I can't shake the feeling that Star Wars Land is going to be old news before ours is even open.

You'd think management would want WDW's version open for summer 2019, but I'd bet all the money in my pocket that we're looking at this, best-case:

Disneyland - March/April, 2019
Hollywood Studios - November/December, 2019

Reactions: Mad Dog
Seasons an attraction opens don't mean as much for Disney as it once did. Crowds are pretty much spread around now through the year. WDW has actually had two weak summers, comparatively, in the last few years.

Reactions: Joel