Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge (Disney's Hollywood Studios) | Page 317 | Inside Universal Forums

Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge (Disney's Hollywood Studios)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
So the four Disney Animation Disney+ series are supposed to launch alongside attractions? Given how long it takes to make rides and how soon these shows are coming out....uh.....no. Big no. Thank God that Jim Hill often spouts bs because that plan would inevitably involve either cheap shows/additions or hasty rethemes.

So the four Disney Animation Disney+ series are supposed to launch alongside attractions? Given how long it takes to make rides and how soon these shows are coming out....uh.....no. Big no. Thank God that Jim Hill often spouts bs because that plan would inevitably involve either cheap shows/additions or hasty rethemes.
Not every ride needs to be coming in Orlando, first of all. Or even Anaheim.

The shows announced aren't coming out until 2022/2023 or so they said and the shows were:
Zootopia + - Zootpia land in Shanghai
Tiana - Princess and the Frog retheme of Splash
Moana: The Series - Epcot Walkthrough
Baymax - There's a new Baymax attraction under construction in TDL, right?

Reactions: SeventyOne
Slave 1. It originally appeared briefly in Empire Strikes Back and was also in Attack of the Clones.
Yeah Slave 1 can fit anywhere from prequel trilogy to sequel trilogy or beyond depending on where they go with Book of Boba Fett.

Reactions: Alessio
Oh yeah, I know, I just wanted to be vague in case that’s still considered a spoiler!
Eh, it's a weekly TV show. I'd be more sympathetic if the show just dropped in full a week ago, but people have had plenty of time to watch Season 2 by now and the ship debuted on the show on Black Friday if I remember, so it's been awhile.

Reactions: Alessio and Jones14
FWIW, "WDWPro"--used to be on Magic, now on the Pirates & Princesses site--has a lot better recent track record than Jim Hill, and said largely the same thing. Handsome Josh tasked with adding characters from Mando ASAP, changes to Smugglers Run eventually when money available. He suggested RotR area may stay themed to sequel trilogy, with marketplace area becoming Mando-era, but not sure if that's a plan or just WDWPro spitballing.

BA7BB561-77A3-4E21-BD7A-561E2037D7A2.jpg

Eh, it's a weekly TV show. I'd be more sympathetic if the show just dropped in full a week ago, but people have had plenty of time to watch Season 2 by now and the ship debuted on the show on Black Friday if I remember, so it's been awhile.
I just finally watched it this weekend, but I wanted to wait till the season was over so i could binge.

I'd also already had the last episode spoiled, so it is what it is.

As much as I know people would be excited to the pictures with the Razor Crest or whatever, the Slave 1 would be received with much more fanfare. Give me a stunt show in front of the ships backdrop and I'd be in heaven.

As much as I know people would be excited to the pictures with the Razor Crest or whatever, the Slave 1 would be received with much more fanfare. Give me a stunt show in front of the ships backdrop and I'd be in heaven.

Either one of those is probably far better than a generic looking transport ship.

Reactions: Alessio
I was going to post the rumors but you are all on top of it

I'd be down for Either Slave One or Razer Crest...I love both characters and both ships.

I've said since day one of Mando to add him to the land and seems like soon enough he and his crew might be taking over...which cool.

I love Boba and Mando and would love a stunt show...so would be all two big thumbs up from me

Reactions: SpyderDan
Listening to the episode, it sounds like Jim was using Razorcrest replacing the shuttle for photos as an example of how far they could go, and it wasn't necessarily an actual plan he heard.

To me, this just sounds like a temporary meet and greet that was intended to open 2020 but was pushed back due to pandemic. Some outlets have taken the rumor too far, saying it would replace the entire land, retheme the rides, and mess up the timeline... But this sounds to me more like the Photopass option that was added last summer, or The Child dolls being sold at Toydarian: something to capitalize on the success of the show, added for fans, but not intended to change the land's story.

They could easily stick Mando and Grogu just outside the land, or in One Man's Dream, or even reopen Launch Bay with them if they wanted to really keep theme integrity... but I have a feeling he'll just be placed on the outskirts of the land, same as the photopass option.

As usual, the internet grabs a rumor and runs with it, but like Jim said, this could be like when classic Disneyland brought in Zorro for temporary meet and greets near a Davy Crockett attraction. It didn't mean Frontierland was being rethemed to Zorroland.

Yo this WDWPro has some insane articles. Besides his SW: GE he has some interesting reads regarding the future of Star Wars that sound really good for the future of the franchise. As for SW: GE I'm down for whatever they decide to with it.

Listening to the episode, it sounds like Jim was using Razorcrest replacing the shuttle for photos as an example of how far they could go, and it wasn't necessarily an actual plan he heard.

To me, this just sounds like a temporary meet and greet that was intended to open 2020 but was pushed back due to pandemic. Some outlets have taken the rumor too far, saying it would replace the entire land, retheme the rides, and mess up the timeline... But this sounds to me more like the Photopass option that was added last summer, or The Child dolls being sold at Toydarian: something to capitalize on the success of the show, added for fans, but not intended to change the land's story.

They could easily stick Mando and Grogu just outside the land, or in One Man's Dream, or even reopen Launch Bay with them if they wanted to really keep theme integrity... but I have a feeling he'll just be placed on the outskirts of the land, same as the photopass option.

As usual, the internet grabs a rumor and runs with it, but like Jim said, this could be like when classic Disneyland brought in Zorro for temporary meet and greets near a Davy Crockett attraction. It didn't mean Frontierland was being rethemed to Zorroland.
Whatever they do, they have to figure out a way to get Mando and Grogu into the park. I’m going to guess initially they’ll go in the M&G area at OMD (as you mentioned) and potentially move to the land if they can ever get over their own ego about the timeline. It’s pointless and honestly, even as someone who liked TLJ, it’s a trilogy that even I wish to forget. Luckily, it’s an extremely forgettable trilogy.

Maybe they’ll update Star Tours with scenes from the New Republic Era? They could use Mando, Grogu, Moff Gideon, Cara and possibly Bo-Katan? Greef? Boba? There’s definitely enough there and they’ve visited way more than enough planets to pick from to put a ride profile together.

Whatever they do, they have to figure out a way to get Mando and Grogu into the park. I’m going to guess initially they’ll go in the M&G area at OMD (as you mentioned) and potentially move to the land if they can ever get over their own ego about the timeline.
Definitely needed. I'd also say that Mando and Ashoka could work as walk-around characters, but Grogu certainly needs his own space for animatronic reasons.

Definitely needed. I'd also say that Mando and Ashoka could work as walk-around characters, but Grogu certainly needs his own space for animatronic reasons.
I imagine it will be a puppet. And I can’t imagine Mando and Grogu wouldn’t be together.

Ahsoka might be hard to pull off though due to how intense the orange makeup is, the headpiece, etc. you could spray paint the face, but it’s the headpiece I’d be most worried about from a practicality standpoint.

I do want to point out the difference between this and Zorro is Mando has almost 9 spin offs....none of these shows would be happening without Mando and I think they are following the money and seeing his Merch fly off the Shelves while Sequel stuff is business as normal.

Even if it doesn't happened for a few years, I think a meet and greet makes sense and see from there what to slowly add. But characters with masks would also work very well for stunt show instead of face characters who might need a certain "look" to be canon
I think we will also know the timeline thing is kinda being phased out if High Republic Gear starts being added into the land...at the point the anything goes

Also Potterlands work because they are locations and can be at any time really...before Harry or after him..doesn't matter the second ride makes no sense timeline wise and no one cares...people come here to be entertained people wanted Star Wars Land...no Sequels land anyway. People want Vader, Boba, Yoda, Maul, Luke....I mean even ROTS is basically just a Star Wars ride...all the big props and stuff are from OT only the characters are from the sequels.
No one who see's AT-AT's aren't thinking Last Jedi...its from Empire and maybe Rogue one.

(Also slightly on but off topic about the power of Mando. I just bought my first Star Wars Action Figures since Episode 7 came out because I saw some cheap ones I wanted for my collection. Along with rewatching all of rebels and wanting a Star Wars game I dug out Disney Infinity 3 and even bough a playset from amazon because I'm in a Star Wars mood and want to explore the universe. I think causal fans understatement the bad taste the sequels left in our mouths and how the new Shows (and amazing ending of the Clone Wars Series) have given some new life to the series again. My cousins and I all talked about the new shows and what we hope for the future and a friend and I are reading the new High Republic books and plan on talking about them ASAP....so I think Disney is seeing this energy in the fan base and wants to get that into the land but who knows...maybe its just me thinking the CEO's are smarting than they really are.)

Last edited:
Reactions: UniversalRBLX